Vlade Divac

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Basically in his prime. Although I liked Barnes a hell of a lot better at 23 or 24 than I do now. Hopefully he reverts back to team player Barnes and actually passes the ball.
I don't think he was well-served by playing in Carlisle's system for a couple of years, especially since he joined the team right when Dirk started declining and then Luka Mania changed his role on the team in the blink of an eye.

Willie sure doesn't know how to play the media game does he? Dude can't go more than a month without saying something dumb to the media.

I'm sure Vlade will be working hard on trading Willie tonight and tomorrow morning. You can't just give him away and you can't take on dead money for him but I don't really see how you can keep him either after comments like this.

I've liked the way he has played much better over the last month too as his rebounding and defensive intensity are both up.......but I don't trust WCS at all once he gets paid with a big contract.

Willie sure doesn't know how to play the media game does he? Dude can't go more than a month without saying something dumb to the media.

I'm sure Vlade will be working hard on trading Willie tonight and tomorrow morning. You can't just give him away and you can't take on dead money for him but I don't really see how you can keep him either after comments like this.

I've liked the way he has played much better over the last month too as his rebounding and defensive intensity are both up.......but I don't trust WCS at all once he gets paid with a big contract.
You basically summarized my feelings exactly.

You can't teach IQ

I was kind of worried Willie would have a big year and then slack off again after getting a huge contract. He hasn't waited for the contract. Even Benoit Benjamin would ball out in a contract year.

You basically summarized my feelings exactly.
I wouldn't mind keeping him for 12-15 MIL per year which is affordable by today's NBA standards but you just know some stupid GM on a bottom dwelling eastern team is going to offer him 18-20 MIL per year and then if your Vlade you get stuck in the horrible position of having to match or letting him walk for nothing. I'd rather trade him for something now then risk the latter.

If there is one thing everybody should learn from GM's like Danny Ainge. Never let assets walk for nothing. Always get something for them even if it's an obscure protected draft pick two or three years down the road.