JJackson, Zbo to Dallas for Harrison Barnes

And what was the reasoning? I'm guessing cap space.....like cake you cant have it and eat it....
It’s fine I guess if they want to give them kudos for creating cap space, but seems like an A grade should have only been warranted if they had extracted a pick from us. Yes, Barnes is over point, but he’s still a talent. The C- grade for us is stupid.... with all that said I realize trade grades are almost as dumb as draft day grades.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It’s fine I guess if they want to give them kudos for creating cap space, but seems like an A grade should have only been warranted if they had extracted a pick from us. Yes, Barnes is over point, but he’s still a talent. The C- grade for us is stupid.... with all that said I realize trade grades are almost as dumb as draft day grades.
ESPN probably thought Luka is the one who made the trade.

Aside from the trades, tonight seemed like a sacrificial lamb of a game, and a bit concerning.
over point?

LeBron needs to STFU. No it is not the best way to be traded but you get paid 25M to play a game you love, these are the somewhat unfortunate tradeoffs 99.99% of us would be willing to make. It is a false narrative too that fans side with the team over the player when the player wants to leave. I don't see Anthony Davis being excoriated for his desire to leave the Pelicans, it is the manipulation of the agent to try to force a trade to unite with another one of his clients that rubs people the wrong way. Durant was rightfully criticized not for wanting to no longer play with ball dominant guy like Westbrook but for taking the easy path and joining up with the enemy. James was not even criticized when he joined LA, if he was it was a very miniscule percentage of fans. Most recognized the chaos with CLE and the bad management.

ESPN graded the trade -

Kings: C-
Mavs: A
These people literally make fun of Vlade everyday. He said "i had a better trade for boogie" and they take it as "duhhh i suck at this ball thing...duuhh..."! It was clear the other trade offer was rescinded. They laughed when he picked bagley! They predicted the kings to be the worst team in the west! The questioned the Bejeli signing! They said Boogie trade was the worst in history that Vlade was a clown!

Well that clown put together the most fun kings team to watch since he suited up for them. He did it with no known stars but has at least 3 future all stars on this team. They are pushing for the playoffs for the first time since 2006. And outside the warriors and maybe the rockets, i guarantee no team wants to see them in a 7 game series (if for nothing else then they are liable to run the legs off your team amd leave them wiped for the second round)! ESPN doesnt know crap!

I'm much more angry about the uncompetitive loss than happy about the trade right now, and I didn't even see the game. In other words hard to think about the trade when the team just dumped a huge steamer. Part of that too is I dislike Hardens game. and to some degree the Rockets.

Dallas doesn't exactly have a stellar record attracting marquee talent despite all their supposed advantages, they usually get the 2nd or 3rd pick of the litter (ie the guys that the Kings try to shoot for), and they almost always overpay. And while Luka and Porzingis are nice players I haven't been reading about players that can't wait to join up with them to relive their college glory or Olympic summer. Vucevic is supposedly in their sites, so maybe they will try to build the all Euro team.

If he showed half the fire defending his teammates during the AD non-trade debacle as he did randomly defending Harrison Barnes on social media, they'd probably let him sit closer to them on the bench.
Seriously, meanwhile it's Lebron's buddy for Lebron's benefit who is creating the situation where every Laker player who isn't nailed down is getting dangled as trade bait in the press.

Seriously, meanwhile it's Lebron's buddy for Lebron's benefit who is creating the situation where every Laker player who isn't nailed down is getting dangled as trade bait in the press.
Uh, you don't think every owner in the league would dangle everything they have to get AD? Fault that to the Lakers owners for not getting it done, and Pelicans owners for not building a good product around AD.

You would be envious of the kings also if you had Lonzo for your point guard. Let’s see Lebron why can’t you talk anybody in joining you? Could it be you have dumped every team and run away players like Kyrie Irving.

Well I've always rooted for Barnes as he played hs near my hometown. He was always known as a high character guy who was a straight A student.

On the court, he could be a guy that flourishes in a complementary role now that he had his crack at the alpha role.
The Kings have 1 year to evaluate him and either sign him to a more reasonable contract or go in a different direction. Low risk high reward

Well I've always rooted for Barnes as he played hs near my hometown. He was always known as a high character guy who was a straight A student.

On the court, he could be a guy that flourishes in a complementary role now that he had his crack at the alpha role.
The Kings have 1 year to evaluate him and either sign him to a more reasonable contract or go in a different direction. Low risk high reward
Doesn't Barnes have a player option in 2019-2020, which means he can walk after this season? In other words, the Kings might have 1/3rd of a season to evaluate vice 1 year?