The Brow

Entity

Hall of Famer
This is Detroit. Plus, it was a lucky shot. He’s lucky that he didn’t lose the ball.

He has been great this year. But, Hield needs to do this against Good teams.
does 32 pts vs the Warriors count as a good team? How about 29 vs Denver maybe 37 vs OKC. tell me which good team you want him to score on because according to my internet he has pretty much done it to all.

I believe Lonzo thinks he’s being traded in the deal. Just can’t believe the Lakers have given up on him so soon. Do we need a backup pg down in Stockton?
LeBron is running the show. He could have shown that he has really matured by trying to be mentor/instructor to a new generation of talent but he's back to his old tricks.

Still it's pretty funny to see the Balls still trying to dictate where he's going to play, perhaps thwarting the King's plans to acquire AD by making NO think extra hard about a trade.

Yelp your absolutely right as with the Lakers the way they are structured at this point do not have a team that is going anyplace even if they get lucky and squeeze into the playoffs.

If he wants another shot at the championship Labron needs to entice more superstars because just adding AD is not going to get them past the monster over in the Bay Area. That’s until that monster is reduced in size.

Truthfully LA should just back off. It makes no sense for them to ship all their young cost-controlled talent out for a second superstar that will consume the majority of their cap. Then the rest of the team will be all cast-offs and folks trying to resurrect their careers.

At the same time, the deal makes no sense for New Orleans because how do you squeeze 5-6 dudes on a roster for 1 guy? Their best bet is to package those guys around the league for picks and hope one hits top 5. But nobody is going to do that because the Zion hype is full on. But I bet once the lottery happens and everyone who didn't get number one goes "aww shucks" there is going to be more room to play.

They should probably shop Jrue now, see what they can get out of him and move Davis to Boston where they can probably get a pick + 1 or 2 players that aren't projects.

Yeah im confused too
If lakers send Ball,Ingran,Kuzma,Zubac that is stil only 16.5m vs 25.4 mil for AD
If Lakers over cap how do they take back the salary
How does Pels open roster slots, just waive 3 min sal guys?

Kings with Cap space?
Kings take Laker KCP for 12 mil , or Rondo 9 mil and 1st rd pick?

I can't be the only one who thinks the Lakers' offer is absurdly over the top, can I?

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Zubac
1st

That's a haul of epic proportions. I get that it's AD...but dear god.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can't be the only one who thinks the Lakers' offer is absurdly over the top, can I?

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Zubac
1st

That's a haul of epic proportions. I get that it's AD...but dear god.
that would be what you call...."gutting" your entire roster only to have to fill it out with vet minimums and role players who still aren't good enough to get you to the Finals

It is over the top but at the same time, with the amount of players involved I'm not sure how it moves the needle for New Orleans without a 3rd. And the salaries are way off. I could see if Philly got involved somehow, but then why wouldn't they just deal AD for Philly and send him to the other conference?

that would be what you call...."gutting" your entire roster only to have to fill it out with vet minimums and role players who still aren't good enough to get you to the Finals

For sure, but the thing about it is now all those signings this summer would make complete sense. They've essentially already filled out their roster with those types. You reunite Rondo with AD, you have Lance, Chandler, McGee, Beasley, and any buyout candidates at the deadline will probably look the Lakers way first or second. They need a backup PG and PF but other than that they should be OK.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
For sure, but the thing about it is now all those signings this summer would make complete sense. They've essentially already filled out their roster with those types. You reunite Rondo with AD, you have Lance, Chandler, McGee, Beasley, and any buyout candidates at the deadline will probably look the Lakers way first or second. They need a backup PG and PF but other than that they should be OK.
that supporting cast won't cut it, Bron isn't 30 years old anymore.

LeBron and AD don't need much else to make it happen. Seriously. Not this year but they ain't far off
Precisely! You would give up all that for AD without blinking. You have AD and LeBron on your team and still have the ability to clear cap space and sign a big name FA to add to the duo. Not to mention all the veterans that would sign up for the minimum to get a championship. Hell even if New Orleans insists on Lakers taking Holiday's contract it makes it worthwhile for the Lakers.

I am hoping NO trades AD to Boston personally.

Yeah it's LA and it's LeBron and AD. AD changes a lot. He's a mobile dominant big. This ain't no warriors, small ball hype. This is legit. He'll destroy all in front of him as will LeBron. It could be the greatest offensive 1-2 punch historically

The Kings are dead last in the NBA for road attendance.
Because the majority of fans are fair-weather and late to recognize. But many of those same fans will be excited to see the KINGS come to town over the next few years.

Hardcore NBA fans have been talking about the KINGS for most the season. I know several non-KINGS fans that have told me that they have become one of their must watches on NBATV.

does 32 pts vs the Warriors count as a good team? How about 29 vs Denver maybe 37 vs OKC. tell me which good team you want him to score on because according to my internet he has pretty much done it to all.
KingsSelecao clearly suffers from confirmation bias.

This is Detroit. Plus, it was a lucky shot. He’s lucky that he didn’t lose the ball.
He has been great this year. But, Hield needs to do this against Good teams.
Robert Horry was lucky Vlade Divac batted a ball directly to him.
Tom Brady has always been lucky officials never call offensive holding and that opponents always seem to do idiotic things right on cue.
Madison Bumgarner was lucky the umpires called wide strike zones in the World Series.

But at some point, you still have to give those players credit for making plays given the circumstances.

I'm guessing whichever players/teams you do give credit to for greatness also benefited from a lot of luck. But that's different, right?

Oh, you might want to re-read @Entity 's post several times, as you selectively chose to not recall any of those performances (among others over the past 2 1/2 years).

Last edited:
I believe Lonzo thinks he’s being traded in the deal. Just can’t believe the Lakers have given up on him so soon.
Perhaps he's not all that good and they aren't seeing enough to believe he ever will be. Could that also be a possibility?

My guess is that 99 games was enough time for them to evaluate whether they believe he'll eventually develop into a star or not.

If the LA LeBron's have any type of belief he is going to become the next great PG, they won't move him. But if they don't have that belief he should be expendable like any other player. After all, if they wait too long, he might not be as valuable an asset.

So,
Let’s talk about Hield beating Elite teams.
Please let me know when that happens.

Great numbers. Too bad the Kings lost all 3 games. Let’s talk about winning against Elite teams. They can’t beat the Dubs or Denver.
They beat OKC before George went Nuclear.

Entity

Hall of Famer
So,
Let’s talk about Hield beating Elite teams.
Please let me know when that happens.

Great numbers. Too bad the Kings lost all 3 games. Let’s talk about winning against Elite teams. They can’t beat the Dubs or Denver.
They beat OKC before George went Nuclear.
So you are putting all this on one Player? I don't understand your angle at all here. You are gauging Hields success on how well his team does against 2 of the best teams in the NBA with one of them currently fielding 5 NBA all stars?

The Lakers continually lowballing other teams and missing out on superstar trades is low key one of my favorite aspects of the Magic Johnson regime.

The rest of the league doesn’t think as highly of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball/Hart/Zubac as they apparently do.
You mean you wouldn't trade AD for Zubac, Hart and Lance Stephenson? Ok, change Stephenson to Beasley, final offer

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also supports my own opinion that none of those players are that damn good.

Kuzma is the one I’d have the most interest in, followed by Ingram then Hart.
I don't anticipate us trading with the Lakers anytime soon but I'd rate Ingram about the same as Kuzma in that both guys have so much offensive potential but also have serious flaws in their games that completely lower their values (Ingram turns invisible 85% of the time, is super skinny, and tries to do too much at times when he has the ball. Meanwhile Kuzma is a fantastic scoring 3/4 guy who can't shoot half as well as he thinks he does, and isn't that great on defense).

There is nothing in Lonzo's game that would make me want him over our top three guards but Hart looks like he can eventually be a good secondary playmaker/roleplayer guard a la Derek Fisher. Once again nothing that would make me want to trade one of the top five players in the league though.