2019 FA Kristaps Porzingis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipe dream because I fully expect NY to extend him....however he is a RFA who has been out a year after the ACL tear and NY may be trying to throw a max deal at someone like Durant etc, so the Kings May be in a position, if his knee checks out, to put the squeeze on NY and offer up a max deal. Where it gets murky is that they just used the stretch provision when they waived Noah which saved roughly 13mil....so not sure if they now have the ability to give 2 max deals.

I was totally surprised how fast he became a good NBA player before the injury. There's a lot riding on that ACL injury, I would love to have him if healthy and can play without compromising Marvin's game.

I have no idea what you are saying. They have bird rights, they can pay him whatever they want. He’s getting the max, period.
I was disagreeing with your assertion that going after a RFA would require a S&T...but it may have just been my misunderstanding. And yes you are right they do have his bird rights, so if they opt to match any deal, then a trade would be the only way to get him

I never said a word about a S&T. You mentioned Lavine and a S&T and had no idea what you were trying to say.

Porzingis in unobtainable. He will be a Knick. There is not a package anyone would offer that they would accept.

Just lock it up. I created it thinking there might be a slight possibility they wouldnt match max offers, but I completely blanked on the bird rights. So while there is a minescule possibility they don’t match and he can be signed outright, that is just not really feasible

I never said a word about a S&T. You mentioned Lavine and a S&T and had no idea what you were trying to say.

Porzingis in unobtainable. He will be a Knick. There is not a package anyone would offer that they would accept.
Ah ok, I actually just conceded that I may have misunderstood and that I blanked on the bird rights and you still want to be a putz about it. What was said was “it would have to be a trade” . I said no it wouldn’t...and if you want to get technical about it, if they don’t match a max offer, then guess what it won’t require a trade

I dont think anybody asked you but ok.

What is your major beef with Bagley? You just really dont like him at all do you?
I’m pretty sure the question was asked to everyone.

And if you think trading Bagley for Porzingis is having beef with Bagley than I don’t know what to tell you. No GM is trading Porzingis for Bagley

I think they’d trade him for Luka but Dallas isn’t doing that. Porzingis won’t be trade anyways unless he didn’t sign the QO
Unless Kristaps is damaged goods, no chance they would (and Dallas would be stupid not to). He’s a bigger and better version of Luka and only 3 1/2 years older.

7’3 dudes that can shoot, move and play defense like he is capable of are even a rarer type of bird.

There is really no way we can sign him (considering he is a RFA).

I would be willing to use Bagley as a starting point for him. Perhaps a high potential, cost controlled rookie for a great player coming off a serious injury looking to get paid is something they would pause and think about. Maybe something like Bagley, Bogdanovic, and Jackson can get it done.

A Fox/Porzingis pick and roll/pop would be pretty lethal. And if we somehow could turn Cauley-Sein into Otto Porter, we have he makings of a great lineup.

Fox
Hield
Porter
Giles
Porzingis

Unless Kristaps is damaged goods, no chance they would (and Dallas would be stupid not to). He’s a bigger and better version of Luka and only 3 1/2 years older.

7’3 dudes that can shoot, move and play defense like he is capable of are even a rarer type of bird.
3 years a lot I think Dallas would be the one saying no

Status
Not open for further replies.