Kings discussing trade for Kanter?- Woj

Without having read much of the previous comments in this thread, I just wanted to say that I've read virtually everywhere that Kanter is perhaps the worst defender in the NBA.

If you are able to score and rebound as much as he does, and still not be able to hold a consistent spot in a rotation...jeez.

I want no part of him.

So I was initially ok and would give him Kosta 's minutes

But wait - after last night Kosta minutes is -o- minutes LOL
No way he is getting minutes from Marvin or Giles

I am so glad this deal is no longer alive

Did everyone see Kanter missed yesterday’s practice because of results of his cheeseburger bender.
Something like 7 cheeseburgers and a few of them were triple patties with all the fixings and fries.

Is out for tonight’s game also.
I really think his playing days in the big apple is over.

We should have signed Alan Williams when the Nets released him the guy is a monster on the boards and sets unreal screens, I'm puzzled as to why he's not got more of a chance he had a breakout with the Suns a couple seasons ago prior to going down with a injury.

I'm curious why you think that?
With ending contracts and a lot of cap space, we are in a position of negotiating power. We can give financial freedom to other tax burdened teams; we can do things (like take a bad contract) that other teams cannot, coupled with a good player of course. We can certainly just let the contracts expire and have our players go to free agency, but then we would have to rely on attracting quality free agents, something that has not been easy for us.

We currently have an advantage that no one else in the league has and we can use it to better ourselves. We have zero advantages in free agency.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
With ending contracts and a lot of cap space, we are in a position of negotiating power. We can give financial freedom to other tax burdened teams; we can do things (like take a bad contract) that other teams cannot, coupled with a good player of course. We can certainly just let the contracts expire and have our players go to free agency, but then we would have to rely on attracting quality free agents, something that has not been easy for us.

We currently have an advantage that no one else in the league has and we can use it to better ourselves. We have zero advantages in free agency.
That doesn't mean we HAVE to do something. Something reasonable and helpful might not be there. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. We are engaging teams in conversations and previous murmurs reinforce that we have been trying to use our cap space to facilitate trades, but the cost to benefit ratio hasn't been there for all sides to go for it. In that case, you stand pat.

That doesn't mean we HAVE to do something. Something reasonable and helpful might not be there. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. We are engaging teams in conversations and previous murmurs reinforce that we have been trying to use our cap space to facilitate trades, but the cost to benefit ratio hasn't been there for all sides to go for it. In that case, you stand pat.
Well sure you can say that. If one gets offered a better job you don’t have to take that either but it would be wise to do so. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want us to make a bad trade for the sake of trading, but we are in the drivers seat at this point in time so we definitely should be looking to be involved in trades even as the third team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well sure you can say that. If one gets offered a better job you don’t have to take that either but it would be wise to do so. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want us to make a bad trade for the sake of trading, but we are in the drivers seat at this point in time so we definitely should be looking to be involved in trades even as the third team.
I'm pretty certain we will be involved in a lot of discussions. "No move" is better than the wrong move.

With so many teams in the playoff hunt at this time it’s not surprising to not see many rumors floating around. As far as the Kanter trade goes well if we are swapping expiring contracts and we get another rotational player I say go for it.

But I think no matter how bad the knicks want to unload him they must surely think he’s worth more than a expiring contract. They have our offer and have a little time to think about it before we go somewhere else.

But then again why should we jump at the first trade deal that comes along as with our cap space we just may get a better deal. I hope we get a decent trade for what we have to offer as for myself I want a very good player who is going to be with us for more than this season.