[Game] Kings vs Suns Jan 6PT-9ET

Look at what their record was last year at this time. NOBODY expected the Kings to be anywhere near .500. We aren't an elite team. We're a YOUNG team who has surprised more than one pundit. We are far from there, however. They'll have games like this.

It's ugly. It's stupid. But it's not a total surprise.

On the other hand, I have faith that just like last year from this year, if the players are used to their strengths and not held back by preferred play calls that they are already much better than their record indicates.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Hield started the game like he was he was trying to do a Harlem Globetrotter act dribbling with mittens on in the fog in the dark after imbibing several alcoholic beverages. It just went downhill after that.

Kelly Oubre went off, that was a crazy putback dunk he had there at the end.. The Suns SWARMED the Kings like no other team this season... give them a lil credit...

True, and it's another team that again puts a spotlight on the Kings lack of size on the wing. They had an all 6'6"+ lineup on the floor at one point. Whereas the Kings had Yogi, Fox, and Ben.

Hield started the game like he was he was trying to do a Harlem Globetrotter act dribbling with mittens on in the fog in the dark after imbibing several alcoholic beverages. It just went downhill after that.

I seem to recall the Kings being up like 21 after that. I believe the switch to a high post offense and 14 points scored in the 3rd as a result being the most likely culprit.

Totally pulling this out of nowhere, but Bogi's dribbling and shot selection has been forced all season. Maybe he is looking at all of the Luka attention and thinking, hey, I can do that. The dribbling into traffic, step back 3's, 27 footers, etc

Kayte just trotted out the back to back and this many games in this many nights excuse
They've been using this excuse all season and who knows maybe the team is starting to believe it. You can't be a good team let alone a playoff team when you lose almost all of your back to backs.

It's getting ridiculous how back to backs are basically automatic losses for this team.

What makes this one especially bad is that the starters only played 25 minutes or so each yesterday bin an easy win at home. I like Kayte and normally she's very astute but even bringing back to back up as an excuse is just lazy game analysis. That's not why they lost.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Totally pulling this out of nowhere, but Bogi's dribbling and shot selection has been forced all season. Maybe he is looking at all of the Luka attention and thinking, hey, I can do that. The dribbling into traffic, step back 3's, 27 footers, etc
Whatever it is, he’s been more bad than good. Hard to blame nagging injuries for repeated awful choices and forced shots.

All y'all piling on Willie need to get your heads checked. Dude had 15/7/3/3/3 with ZERO turnovers. Kosta and Giles weren't that great tonight. Should we have gone to Skal? Z-bo?

Meanwhile, our allstar guard rotation of Fox, Buddy, and Bogi combined for 17 (!) TOs. Fox being the most egregious offender with 8.

The backcourt sloppiness cost us this game. Simple as that. Fox was super sloppy. Buddy wasn't a factor. And Bogs just got dumped or something. ... he doesn't seem right.

Anyways, on to the next one! At least Bags will be playing.
This is the ultimate Willie is not the problem here game of the season tbh. The tape on this one doesn't lie. Ayton's a rookie but he's a legit matchup.

Willie's 6/11 too and most of those misses are little chipshots that had a chance and were on clean moves (except when he got blocked on the spinmove).

His defense was excellent in this one if you're being objective. He had 2 handfuls of nice defensive plays.

All y'all piling on Willie need to get your heads checked. Dude had 15/7/3/3/3 with ZERO turnovers. Kosta and Giles weren't that great tonight. Should we have gone to Skal? Z-bo?

Meanwhile, our allstar guard rotation of Fox, Buddy, and Bogi combined for 17 (!) TOs. Fox being the most egregious offender with 8.

The backcourt sloppiness cost us this game. Simple as that. Fox was super sloppy. Buddy wasn't a factor. And Bogs just got dumped or something. ... he doesn't seem right.

Anyways, on to the next one! At least Bags will be playing.
Yes...The slop is what lost this game.....and Christie called it before the game even started.....he was concerned about it - prophetic. Kings need to forget this aberration quickly and get back to better offense and spotty defense as usual.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I seem to recall the Kings being up like 21 after that. I believe the switch to a high post offense and 14 points scored in the 3rd as a result being the most likely culprit.
High post, low post mid post in between post has absolutely nothing to do with it. The team was TOTALLY unprepared to play. Hield was a disaster. Bogs kept turning down open shots to dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble and then throw the ball away. Fox was running into three people. It had absolutely no relationship whatsoever to the offensive play sets.

High post, low post mid post in between post has absolutely nothing to do with it. The team was TOTALLY unprepared to play. Hield was a disaster. Bogs kept turning down open shots to dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble and then throw the ball away. Fox was running into three people. It had absolutely no relationship whatsoever to the offensive play sets.

So, what you actually run and it's result has nothing to do with it? I wish I had time to make a breakdown vid. It's all there.

Bogi, to me, it's like what they said on the broadcast in the last game, I don't worry about him... He looks fine to me except for shots are not falling, which happens to the best of em.

Bogi has been really bad since hitting the game winner against the Lakers
I think he might've gained a bit too much confidence from that game... At first I didn't see it when people said Bogdan is started to be a ball hog and such.. but he's been that way these last 5 games or so. It doesn't really show in the stat sheet, but I think he needs to just calm down a bit with the shot selection.