Bad call or no call from the refs

This thread is for any of the blatant no calls such as moving screens, grabbing holding, or all ball blocks steals or just plain good old phantom fouls etc.

If you have ability to add a video clip of the play that would be perfect

Maybe a fan movement could bring some attention to the one sidedness of calls each game and bring about a day of equality.

dude12

Hall of Famer
This will have so many posts every game.

As of late, the flagrant foul called against Giles was just pathetic.

And post 50% of Fox’s drives.

Question for the Mods:

What is the size limit for attached files? What format would be best for attaching short clips, like the aforementioned Giles flagrant, from my hard drive?

Thanks.

I like the premise of this thread, even if only as a place to discuss the calls.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Question for the Mods:

What is the size limit for attached files? What format would be best for attaching short clips, like the aforementioned Giles flagrant, from my hard drive?

Thanks.

I like the premise of this thread, even if only as a place to discuss the calls.
I am not aware of the size limit for attached files. Obviously you can always try it out and see. However, for NBA clips, I believe that we would prefer that you not upload those directly to the website as there are potential copyright issues that we would prefer not to be brought into. Let's put it this way: You're not endangering the existence of YouTube if you upload the clips there and then put a link here.

It’s sad that this thread needs to exist. I know I’ve unnecessarily griped about reffing in games/seasons past...but this year has felt unreal. And it’s been constant and consistently bad. Is it rule changes? Is it that the team is too young to garner respect? Something else?

I agree that the Kings' do not get very good treatment by the refs. It is pretty obvious when they play a team like GS. Currant gets all kinds of touch fouls called. Fox gets beat up and there is no call. It happens.

But as a player you have to think of the refs much like the floor you are playing on. They are all different, but there is nothing you can do about it. Complaining does not work at this level. Leave to the coach to do the negotiating. The Kings will get better calls after they gain more respect. They have already gained the respect of the opposing teams for the most part. Gaining the respect of the refs will take a little longer.

The moving screens against the kings probably drive me nuts the most. Gives a huge advantage to the effectiveness of the screen as well as bangs up our defenders. Everyone of the large or big teams get away with this. Ridiculous. It's already hard enough to play defense.

kingsfan 1984 is right. At a time when players are not allowed to be handsy on defense, there are a lot of plays that look like blocks in football with moving screens. It is very inconsistent. It is like watching players jump in the lane during foul shots. There is no attempt to wait for the shot. Traveling and double dribbles are mostly allowed.

If I remember right we shot more free throws than the warriors. Beli gets called to many times for charging and it seems that a few of them are in the circle and instead of a and one it’s a turnover.

Yeah maybe Giles was a technical but I didn’t mind as we need some toughness in the paint. I see Fox gets hit on a lot of his drives but seldom called.

I have never trusted the refs since that Laker playoff game many years ago. Think about how many times just in this season that they stopped our momentum. It’s hard to take for so many years.

If I remember right we shot more free throws than the warriors. Beli gets called to many times for charging and it seems that a few of them are in the circle and instead of a and one it’s a turnover.

Yeah maybe Giles was a technical but I didn’t mind as we need some toughness in the paint. I see Fox gets hit on a lot of his drives but seldom called.

I have never trusted the refs since that Laker playoff game many years ago. Think about how many times just in this season that they stopped our momentum. It’s hard to take for so many years.
Bjelica is at the bottom of the pond as far as ref respect. defense is allowed to hack away at him and "slap" the ball away while he is called for offensive every time. but I understand that. I do not understand why they are allowed to hack at Fox when he drives though. it should all be a foul and and 1.

Edit: one player which seems to get respect is Bagley. so that is good. he has been solid percentage wise too

Fox clearly has not been getting a lot of calls when driving into the paint, that likely should be called. I am not talking star calls either. Just getting fouled.

Below is one of the last plays of last nights game vs the Suns. Is this a foul?

From the league 2 minute report
Q4 00:37 Foul: Personal Block De'Anthony Melton De'Aaron Fox INC (incorrect non-call)
Comment: Melton (PHX) reaches his arm across the torso of Fox and affects his SQBR

Fox clearly has not been getting a lot of calls when driving into the paint, that likely should be called. I am not talking star calls either. Just getting fouled.

Below is one of the last plays of last nights game vs the Suns. Is this a foul?

#14 hit Fox right across the right arm causing the ball to come loose. Hey it was that "good" Suns swarming defense that won that game:)

#14 hit Fox right across the right arm causing the ball to come loose. Hey it was that "good" Suns swarming defense that won that game:)
I mentioned this in the game thread but the suns were stripping us on every drive. I mean like every drive. Props to them for coming back but there is simply no way that all of them weren’t fouls. We don’t become inept all of a sudden. The Suns were in the penalty with like 9 minutes left and we barely shot any free throws after that.

The refs completely swallowed their whistles. They hate Fox. The guy is getting mauled a significant number of times and they call nothing. It really was frustrating to watch. Our sloppiness was compounded with the refs calling nothing for us. The Suns got away with everything.

Even if everything is true, there is nothing we can do about it. You get respect in the NBA by earning it, and it takes time.
Fox probably gets mauled with no calls as much as anyone in the League.
My coach used to say "you have to deal with the refs just like you do every floor you play on. They are all different, and there is nothing you can do about them. Let me do the complaining with the officials."

I don’t believe the non-calls are because the refs don’t like Fox. Nor do I condone all the non-calls. But Fox has two challenges here. One, he’s in the process of earning their respect. And he’s doing it the right way, but it takes time. Two, he’s too fast for his own good! A lot of these non-calls are - I believe - because Fox is so quick that the refs get confused about what they think they saw, or might have seen. And their instinct is not to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy causing the confusion.