[Game] Kings vs Warriors 1/5 7PT/10ET

We could have beaten these guys twice this season, but we couldn't pull it off. It is there for us though, if we can get out of our own way.

Our defense has to be better. Our communication has to be better. Everyone from guard to wing to big.

Rebound like it saves lives.

Give up a good shot for a better one.

Will we go back to one game over .500, or drop to one game below?

I never concede defeat before the game is played but you have to ask who is going to guard KD when we need a stop? Oh it is going to be Justin Jackson? OK then, game over. Durant is a brilliant player but you have to bring more resistance than this. Williams, Shump or Bogs is preferred. It is too easy for him otherwise. The guy is salivating like a rabid dog with Jackson in front of him. It is not whether he will score, it is which way he will do so. Those crowing about Jackson's "incredible" shot blocks last game will not be crowing tonight. But, do not take my word for it. In fact, do not believe me. Just wait and see. How do we win? Hope KD turns an ankle or Jackson turns ankle so Joerger is forced into better choice.

I never concede defeat before the game is played but you have to ask who is going to guard KD when we need a stop? Oh it is going to be Justin Jackson? OK then, game over. Durant is a brilliant player but you have to bring more resistance than this. Williams, Shump or Bogs is preferred. It is too easy for him otherwise. The guy is salivating like a rabid dog with Jackson in front of him. It is not whether he will score, it is which way he will do so. Those crowing about Jackson's "incredible" shot blocks last game will not be crowing tonight. But, do not take my word for it. In fact, do not believe me. Just wait and see. How do we win? Hope KD turns an ankle or Jackson turns ankle so Joerger is forced into better choice.
imo they should put Bjelica or WCS (both will need help of Green's man) on Durrant and put Shumpert/Buddy/Bogie on Green and just leave Green to shoot (or even let him try post up) and let Shumpert roam around.

imo they should put Bjelica or WCS (both will need help of Green's man) on Durrant and put Shumpert/Buddy/Bogie on Green and just leave Green to shoot (or even let him try post up) and let Shumpert roam around.
I don't know about Bjelica on Durant, I don't think that will work. I would rather see Willie on Durant than Jackson. The way you slow down Durant is to get into him, you crowd him on the perimeter. Our stronger wings, Shump and Bogs, are most capable of this. It is a tall task indeed. But certainly I would leave Green open to encourage his bricklaying and to take away shots from Curry and Durant. The Warriors are not unbeatable but if we put Jackson on Durant for the majority of the game, they may as well be. My frustration if this occurs is more with the coach than the player.

Here is a bit on Bjelica's defense from the Timberwolves SB site towards the end of last season. Below is an excerpt.

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/3/...rs-as-average-joe-on-defense-nba-timberwolves

"Bjelica takes pride in his defensive capabilities and isn’t afraid to take on a team’s primary perimeter weapon, a role that desperately needs filling in the absence of Jimmy Butler. Against the Utah Jazz, he matched up with Joe Ingles and limited him to 2-5 shooting and six points. Versus the Boston Celtics, he was tasked with defending Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, holding them to a combined 3-6 shooting and 11 points. And on Sunday vs the Golden State Warriors, he primarily defended Kevin Durant and held him to 4-13 shooting and only 12 points, including multiple times where he vocally shoved his teammates away in a show of eagerness to take on the former MVP"

Difference being, they’re the Warriors: we’re still the Kings.
I don't know what that means. This version of the Warriors is behind the Thunder and Nuggets in the standings. Buddy is having a better year than Klay. Draymond has fallen off the cliff. He's not all-NBA anymore, he's a hothead who can't shoot. It could be the Warriors are just sleepwalking through the regular season waiting for the playoffs. That makes them vulnerable. Let's not bow down at the altar of their invincibility that doesn't exist. The game Jamal Murray had was better than anything I have seen anything from Curry lately. Jokic is as potent as Durant. We could have beaten the Nuggets with better late game execution. I expect a similar game tonight. The Warriors team that won 72 games is dead. The current team is sputtering along trying to find their way just like us. That's opportunity not inevitability. We have to slow down Durant. If we don't do that we are dead. Curry and Klay do not worry me so much. They are great players but Fox and Buddy and Bogs are going to make them earn their points.

Here is a bit on Bjelica's defense from the Timberwolves SB site towards the end of last season. Below is an excerpt.

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/3/...rs-as-average-joe-on-defense-nba-timberwolves

"Bjelica takes pride in his defensive capabilities and isn’t afraid to take on a team’s primary perimeter weapon, a role that desperately needs filling in the absence of Jimmy Butler. Against the Utah Jazz, he matched up with Joe Ingles and limited him to 2-5 shooting and six points. Versus the Boston Celtics, he was tasked with defending Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, holding them to a combined 3-6 shooting and 11 points. And on Sunday vs the Golden State Warriors, he primarily defended Kevin Durant and held him to 4-13 shooting and only 12 points, including multiple times where he vocally shoved his teammates away in a show of eagerness to take on the former MVP"
Play Beli at 3 and Giles at 4.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with Shump or without Shump, doesn't matter really. This means Justin Jackson with lots of action and we may see a McLemore sighting as well. The Kings won't win this one. As long as they compete and give us something to build upon and then hopefully get back on track against Phoenix.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
with Shump or without Shump, doesn't matter really. This means Justin Jackson with lots of action and we may see a McLemore sighting as well. The Kings won't win this one. As long as they compete and give us something to build upon and then hopefully get back on track against Phoenix.
McBen’s time to shine!

I hope we can play a good game tonight. I think the next ten games are going to be one of the most important stretches for us if we want to stay in the hunt. We play a lot of below .500 teams with Gs/Tor thrown in. Would like to see us capitalize on this stretch for when the schedule gets tough again.

Not counting on us making the playoffs, but not counting us out at this point either.

I hope we can play a good game tonight. I think the next ten games are going to be one of the most important stretches for us if we want to stay in the hunt. We play a lot of below .500 teams with Gs/Tor thrown in. Would like to see us capitalize on this stretch for when the schedule gets tough again.

Not counting on us making the playoffs, but not counting us out at this point either.
Yep we need to sweep Charlotte and Detroit and beat Portland.