[Game] Kings vs Blazers - Tuesday, Jan. 1 - 6:00PT/9:00ET - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

wow well Giles should have earned some overtime mins after WCS gave us nothing. Fox totally came undone. everyone tightened up and stopped moving the ball as normal.

Coaching and the players have really been sucking balls since Bagley went down.

Good news is our #2 pick apparently is THAT IMPORTANT. bad news is he's out for 2 more weeks.

Just ran stupid plays. Fox not managing clock and playing for whistles when he never gets calls(becoming an infuriating habit of his) and running huge possessions with rim running plays for Willie even though he was getting destroyed on both ends all night. That’s it.

Portland has their best player taking all their shots at the end and the Kings gave it to Willie

We just aren’t quite a playoff team this year. The frontcourt are journeyman. And the team doesn’t have a consistent franchise player (and may not in the future, given what I think of Fox’s intensity/consistency

I don't believe we'll be making the playoffs this year, we are trending down over the last couple of weeks.
Yeah, lost hope after multiple games this season where we blow a lead with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter. Embarrassing AF. 9 pt lead with 3 minutes and you leave WCS in the game when he hasn't contributed much. Now I'm concerned this is a coaching issue

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox and Willie were flat out abysmal down the stretch.

Bjelica had a hand in the comeback but came up with some bad drives in the clutch too.
The Kings settled for what was easy (what the Blazers were giving us) in crunchtime and that was pretty much exclusively looks for Willie at the top of the key. With a passer like Giles or an aggressive pitbull like Bagley that can work but Willie is an inconsistent passer who tries to finesse layups like he's 40-year-old Manu.

Nurkic had 23 rebounds lmao.
Well he was going against willie lazy-stein, just like adams another career night in rebounds. Easy when the opposing "big" is willie.
Willie with the 2 for 14 FGA, pathetic.

So willie can't rebound, can't defend (fox has more blocks this season), can't score, can't hit a free throw.
Why do ppl think he's good again? *Not a rhetorical question.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We’re three great comebacks away from an 8-game losing streak.

We’re a very bad team sans Bagley, and even with him I’m sure we’re not returning to our early season highs.

I’m straight up pissed about Giles being benched for WCS. Hot hands.
WCS totally was forcing nonsense at the rim all night. meanwhile Giles almost single handily carried us to victory.

BUT Dave Joerger as was famously quoted said the "young guys need to earn their mins" if I was on this team and young I'd have no idea what Dave is preaching here. coach seems to be losing common sense by the day.

Just ran stupid plays. Fox not managing clock and playing for whistles when he never gets calls(becoming an infuriating habit of his) and running huge possessions with rim running plays for Willie even though he was getting destroyed on both ends all night. That’s it.

Portland has their best player taking all their shots at the end and the Kings gave it to Willie
Even if wcs got the foul calls, His ft% isn’t great. Just not playing smart down the stretch

Last edited: