Fox/Bogi works. Why not Fox/Luka? (split)

Luka is good but Fox wouldn't blossom like he has with Luka in my opinion, Bagley is the perfect running mate for Fox. Just wait until he fine tunes his offensive game, he could very well have a breakout season too. Maybe not from year 1 to year 2, but it could happen quicker than we realize especially since he has a fantastic work ethic.
Fox and Bogie look good together while people think Fox/Luka wouldn’t work is beyond me

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah but Bagley represents awesome depth and energy at this point.....

What Bagley also represents is a pick and roll mate for the Kings guards that could possibly shoot 60% from the floor most nights. He's got a nice stroke too. If he gets his jumper down like he has potential to then he can eventually slide in next to Willie and the pick and roll domination truly begins. Bjelica, Willie, and Bagley is a tremendously complimentary and versatile front court. Then you've got Harry there as well. Vlade, I have little complaint so far sir.

Fox and Bogie look good together while people think Fox/Luka wouldn’t work is beyond me
I really want to avoid the topic, but the line of thinking that it’s good to pass on talent so your current talent can blossom is not wise. While there are certainly fit considerations, I see absolutely no reason luka could not fit on our squad. Perhaps a slightly different role (I’m not sure I see him as a full time point guard to begin with), but to me he seems like a guy that can fit in however you need him.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I really want to avoid the topic, but the line of thinking that it’s good to pass on talent so your current talent can blossom is not wise. While there are certainly fit considerations, I see absolutely no reason luka could not fit on our squad. Perhaps a slightly different role (I’m not sure I see him as a full time point guard to begin with), but to me he seems like a guy that can fit in however you need him.
Lets put it this way. How did James Harden look with OKC compared to Houston where they gave him the keys? He was good in OKC, same player in fact but then all of a sudden his role changed along with the scenery.

You literally pinpointed the exact reason why Luka and Fox could not coexist. He’s a full time PG in the same sense that LeBron is. He needs the ball and he makes good plays a lot more times than he makes bad plays. Fox isn’t much of a spot up shooter and Luka seems to be better off the bounce himself. They wouldn’t gel naturally. Both are smart enough to make it work to a certain extent, but a prime time Bagley with all of his skills polished is the perfect compliment to a guy like Fox.

Yes, he can shoot the ball. to start with.. Getting both him and Bagley would've been even better, but hey.....

Yes, he can shoot the ball. to start with.. Getting both him and Bagley would've been even better, but hey.....
I’m definitely not trying to debate the draft choice again. I’m absolutely fine with Marvin at this point. However, I just don’t understand the point of view that somehow luka would not fit with what we are doing.

I’m definitely not trying to debate the draft choice again. I’m absolutely fine with Marvin at this point. However, I just don’t understand the point of view that somehow luka would not fit with what we are doing.

And you shouldn't, but again, who said that? That wasn't even the discussion here. I'm sure some people have said that somewhere but that wasn't in this discussion from what I saw.

That wasn't the discussion. It was about the ceiling of a player as an individual and it relating back directly to individual performance.
Ok, I guess I missed that part....I’m talking putting the best team on the floor. But again, I’m really not trying to start a draft debate here so I’ll bow out....

for starters, you would be taking the ball out of Bogs hands and he would be a bystander for the most part and just spot shooting and two, Bagley has a higher ceiling in my opinion

Exactly. I think Luka on the team would have effected Bogdan more than anyone in reality.

Yes in hindsight, I was annoyed at the time, but am not looking back now with Bagley, whom when I saw the energy level in preseason was put at ease. You could see his work on the court even though he wasn't converting points.

Ok, I guess I missed that part....I’m talking putting the best team on the floor. But again, I’m really not trying to start a draft debate here so I’ll bow out....
Cool. Nobody was necessarily disagreeing with your point though. And if they were I agree with you, they're wrong. I was good with either Bagley or Doncic and which one makes the team better is a who knows. They're the same basic team design in the end, but the strengths are loaded in different areas. They just have to hope Bagley stays healthy, and keeps getting better and more well rounded.

You literally pinpointed the exact reason why Luka and Fox could not coexist. He’s a full time PG in the same sense that LeBron is. He needs the ball and he makes good plays a lot more times than he makes bad plays. Fox isn’t much of a spot up shooter and Luka seems to be better off the bounce himself. They wouldn’t gel naturally. Both are smart enough to make it work to a certain extent, but a prime time Bagley with all of his skills polished is the perfect compliment to a guy like Fox.
Does anyone think they wouldn't work? It's a question of ceiling. The expectations on Bogdan and Luka are quite a bit different as well. Luka is starting to be lumped into that generational talent debate and that's 90% how a player is used.
Look at Houston they went from 1-2 round team to winning a championship last year (they win if CP doesn’t get hurt). How did they do this they added one of the most ball dominate PGs in the league to play alongside the most ball dominate guard in the league. Both players benefited from playing along with each other. Luka will be a deadly shooter imagine increayhua catch and shoot playing along fox. Fox is a good cutter off the ball now add Luka and he can focus on shooting down the openers even more. Playoff time teams will do everything to take Fox out having Luka there would be huge try taking 2 elite playmakers out.

Lets put it this way. How did James Harden look with OKC compared to Houston where they gave him the keys? He was good in OKC, same player in fact but then all of a sudden his role changed along with the scenery.
In okc they had Russ and KD that’s 3 ball dominate guys and they’d have a Dynasty if it weren’t fo cheap owner.

Look at Houston they went from 1-2 round team to winning a championship last year (they win if CP doesn’t get hurt). How did they do this they added one of the most ball dominate PGs in the league to play alongside the most ball dominate guard in the league. Both players benefited from playing along with each other. Luka will be a deadly shooter imagine increayhua catch and shoot playing along fox. Fox is a good cutter off the ball now add Luka and he can focus on shooting down the openers even more. Playoff time teams will do everything to take Fox out having Luka there would be huge try taking 2 elite playmakers out.

In okc they had Russ and KD that’s 3 ball dominate guys and they’d have a Dynasty if it weren’t fo cheap owner.
Now that the Rockets have got rid of all their complimentary players and only have their stars to rely on, how do they look now?

It ain’t all about the names on the back of the jersey my friend. You can’t always put stars together and expect miracles to happen. Dirk beat a three headed monster in Miami by himself with a bunch of hardworking players (and I loved every second of it). OKC failed to win the championship with their own three headed monster, one of which left because he was tired of playing third wheel.

We bet on Marvin Bagley because he himself is extremely talented and has a chance to be as good a player as Luka. Best of luck to Luka, but Marvin is a King and I shall root for his success, and with it, our success. Besides, there is a lot more to Marvin than most of us realize. There’s a monster inside there, we just don’t give him enough touches to see it. That’s a wild animal waiting to be uncaged.

for starters, you would be taking the ball out of Bogs hands and he would be a bystander for the most part and just spot shooting and two, Bagley has a higher ceiling in my opinion
Bogs isn’t starting her only play with the 2 in small ball lineups Fox/Buddy/Bogie/Luka that’s elite shooting and playmaking. Luka and fox are unselfish the ball would be moving Bogie would be getting his turn.

Luka dominates the ball far more than Bogie
As he should we have plenty of examples of multiple ball dominate guys succeeding

Fox and Luka would not work. They are both lead guards at the start of their careers. One of them would have demanded a trade...or just not signed with us. Luka has the ball all the time. Both are streaky shooters. Also, let’s be honest, Luka is a really nice player, but the internet basketball cognescenti have blown his repuation out of proportion. He’s already getting Harden level superstar calls for absolutely no reason. We’re about six weeks away from a player’s backlash against the Luka slobbery by the media. The next time the Warriors play the Mavs, Draymond is definitely going to have something to say. All these media nerds think they “discovered” Luka because they watched some Real Madrid on youtube. It’s a little ridiculous. It’s not like this kid was balling out at PAOK and only the real hoops heads knew about him.

Anyway, I badly wanted Luka at the time despite having Bagley rated #1 overall, but Brandon Williams was right on this one. Luka’s shooting can get better, but if he’s the best player on your team you have a lot of work left to do as a FO and a staff to construct a true contender around him. Ironically, Dirk is probably a great analogy in that regard.

We bet on Marvin Bagley because he himself is extremely talented and has a chance to be as good a player as Luka. Best of luck to Luka, but Marvin is a King and I shall root for his success, and with it, our success. Besides, there is a lot more to Marvin than most of us realize. There’s a monster inside there, we just don’t give him enough touches to see it. That’s a wild animal waiting to be uncaged.
Word!

OK, how many MVP nods does Harden get with OKC? How many triple double seasons does Westbrook have?

Paul and Harden is a good point but Paul as an individual is not the same player he was in previous years and while I think they turn it around, the questions of them being a sustainable duo are definitely creeping up. Also, I think Fox is a totally different player than Paul. He's more Westbrook like to me which makes the comparison historically a bit more interesting. Fox and Luka not reaching their ceiling isn't the same thing as them not working together. This is why I agree that Bogdan is the one that would have felt the brunt of adding him more than anyone. A lot of his role would be going to Luka most likely or vice versa.

Fox and Luka would not work. They are both lead guards at the start of their careers. One of them would have demanded a trade...or just not signed with us. Luka has the ball all the time. Both are streaky shooters. Also, let’s be honest, Luka is a really nice player, but the internet basketball cognescenti have blown his repuation out of proportion. He’s already getting Harden level superstar calls for absolutely no reason. We’re about six weeks away from a player’s backlash against the Luka slobbery by the media. The next time the Warriors play the Mavs, Draymond is definitely going to have something to say. All these media nerds think they “discovered” Luka because they watched some Real Madrid on youtube. It’s a little ridiculous. It’s not like this kid was balling out at PAOK and only the real hoops heads knew about him.

Anyway, I badly wanted Luka at the time despite having Bagley rated #1 overall, but Brandon Williams was right on this one. Luka’s shooting can get better, but if he’s the best player on your team you have a lot of work left to do as a FO and a staff to construct a true contender around him. Ironically, Dirk is probably a great analogy in that regard.

And this is exactly why I think giving Bogdan every chance to succeed at SF is the biggest imperative for this franchise. He's a starter in this league and while I don't think he'll be the next James Harden you can't wait until history repeats itself in a way that hinders the Kings.

And this is exactly why I think giving Bogdan every chance to succeed at SF is the biggest imperative for this franchise. He's a starter in this league and while I don't think he'll be the next James Harden you can't wait until history repeats itself in a way that hinders the Kings.
You say this, but yet Bogdan played 37 minutes tonight, more than any other King. We need him to guide the bench and hold us over while Fox rests. No one else is capable of running the team when Fox rests. Also, this way Bogdan can focus on his offense as well as he doesn’t have to delegate to Fox or Buddy as much.

He plays big minutes and he’s always out there at the end of the game so I doubt he’s complaining much. He plays starter minutes bench role or not.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Bogs isn’t starting her only play with the 2 in small ball lineups Fox/Buddy/Bogie/Luka that’s elite shooting and playmaking. Luka and fox are unselfish the ball would be moving Bogie would be getting his turn.

As he should we have plenty of examples of multiple ball dominate guys succeeding
you give the keys to one playmaker, it doesn't become interchangeable all of a sudden when you have another one on the bench. At that point the Kings wouldn't be the fast and super athletic team they are with Bagley in place of Luka and besides, the Kings needed a big after the departure of Boogie. What they did not need was another guard.