Justin Jackson

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He started pretty bad, his play of late is very good. If you could make a split of the last 6 games I bet he is up near the top rather than the bottom of SFs.
Trying to get the poster you're quoting to admit something positive about the Kings is like trying to get a fish to dance the macarena.

Trying to get the poster you're quoting to admit something positive about the Kings is like trying to get a fish to dance the macarena.
Well, If i were posting here a month ago you would have thought that I was a Kings hater with the comments I was throwing JJ's way. He has been garbage, but lately he has been showing what we all thought we were getting on that night

I have always gravitated towards his game he's like a fundamentalists of basketball (or something like that). He runs the game plan on both ends and I still think he can reach his ceiling if we're willing to remain invested.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, If i were posting here a month ago you would have thought that I was a Kings hater with the comments I was throwing JJ's way. He has been garbage, but lately he has been showing what we all thought we were getting on that night
Don't assume I would have thought anything. ;) I don't base my opinions on a few comments. I tend to use an entire body of work to form an opinion.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have always gravitated towards his game he's like a fundamentalists of basketball (or something like that). He runs the game plan on both ends and I still think he can reach his ceiling if we're willing to remain invested.
I think that's exactly what we're seeing right now. There's been a difference in his body language IMHO that seems to show he's more involved and focused on being the right team player for our needs, something I didn't see earlier this season.

I think that's exactly what we're seeing right now. There's been a difference in his body language IMHO that seems to show he's more involved and focused on being the right team player for our needs, something I didn't see earlier this season.
Wouldn't it be something if our wings that can elevate us are already on the roster between him and Wenyen.

I'm thoroughly impressed with Joegers patience with JJ. I don't think it's out of necessity either. I think Joeger appreciates that JJ approaches the game like a veteran and does things the right way.

Last edited:
I'm thoroughly impressed with Joegers patience with JJ. I don't think it's out of necessity either. I think Joeger appreciates that JJ approaches the game like a veteran and does this the right way.
Great observation. Yeah when you have guys going about it the right way, you tend to give them a bit more room to work. He's got faith in his guys, and apparently there's a lot going on behind the scenes that inspires that faith. That's the sign of a really healthy culture change. Great to see.

Jackson comes with a pedigree. Coming off the bench and fighting for minutes has lit a fire under him. He has talent, but I am not so sure about his toughness and physicality. He could get stronger in the off season, which would really help him. Shumpert is really strong and has a lot of attitude, which is why I like him so much at the 3.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jackson comes with a pedigree. Coming off the bench and fighting for minutes has lit a fire under him. He has talent, but I am not so sure about his toughness and physicality. He could get stronger in the off season, which would really help him. Shumpert is really strong and has a lot of attitude, which is why I like him so much at the 3.
JJ has been getting better over the last handful or so games. I just want to see more grit, more toughness. Just for once I'd like to see him dive on the floor for a loose ball. If you are an "other" you've got to show grit.
I just want to see his shot fall consistently. I don't believe he'll ever be "tough".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I actually think he could get tougher. Over the years I've noticed guys who made an effort to get into the scrum worried less about their shot, and voila! their shot got better.
I think of Kevin Martin, who never became "tough" but still managed to have a pretty productive career in the NBA. ;)

There was actually a moment in the 3rd where I wanted to see him come in for Shumpert to calm things down.....Then Shump hit two huge 3s and the feeling passed. Definitely showing improvement in his ability to contribute