[Game] Kings @ Suns, Tuesday, Dec. 4 (6PT/9ET)

Joerger should've benched the bench - my goodness
I credit Coach for showing confidence in that bench, cuz I sure couldnt muster it. Frank Mason doing the Mighty Mouse hero ball routine was painful to watch, and Harry was a mixed bag...flashes of what greatness he can be, along with a too much over estimation and running of the mouth.

Hey y'all. I didn't watch much of last season, but I have a question about last year's Buddy Hield. What was his issue? I saw he had regressed but stats remain similar. Did he just not want to shoot or was he low energy? Am kind of curious as to what you think happened last year. I was hoping last year he would become a leader or at least do better than his rookie year (with us).

Thanks

gunks

Hall of Famer
I really can't see Joerger wanting to jump ship on this roster, right when they're starting to put it together. Dude has to be invested. Hopefully the drama resolves itself one way or another. We can argue about it in the other thread. ;)

Anyways, I think we can both agree that Giles looked pretty good out there! Here's to hoping he gets more PT against the Cavs!

I really can't see Joerger wanting to jump ship on this roster, right when they're starting to put it together. Dude has to be invested. Hopefully the drama resolves itself one way or another. We can argue about it in the other thread. ;)

Anyways, I think we can both agree that Giles looked pretty good out there! Here's to hoping he gets more PT against the Cavs!
Not going to argue about it. And yes we both think Giles deserves more time.

Great game. Not sure how any kings fan watches something like that and has negative comments to post..

Kings looked quicker to the punch, not just quicker physically but mentally. The defense in this game early on the pressure caused all sorts of issues and it resulted in turnovers and jail-break scenarios jumping into telegraphed passing lanes time and time again.

Thought Doug and Grant called it well too, seemed like Grant's been waiting for some blowouts...

+1 to Doug for correctly calling out a De'Aaron Fox drive as a Shamgod..

Pheonix was pitiful, for them to start a game like that is a joke.. Take nothing away from the Kings though, Vlade's assembled a squad ready to take the screws to a team who doesn't show up ready to play, and thats what happened.

Richaun Holmes showed extremely well for them and if the Kings are gonna have a bunch of roster spots open next season I wouldn't mind seeing him as the 3rd string C. Koufos can still ball though, all for keeping him around.

I credit Coach for showing confidence in that bench, cuz I sure couldnt muster it. Frank Mason doing the Mighty Mouse hero ball routine was painful to watch, and Harry was a mixed bag...flashes of what greatness he can be, along with a too much over estimation and running of the mouth.
Giles needs to play with Bogdan. Their games mesh well

Hey y'all. I didn't watch much of last season, but I have a question about last year's Buddy Hield. What was his issue? I saw he had regressed but stats remain similar. Did he just not want to shoot or was he low energy? Am kind of curious as to what you think happened last year. I was hoping last year he would become a leader or at least do better than his rookie year (with us).

Thanks
dangerous question :). some people will tell you he was held on a too tight of a leash by the coach last year which delayed his development. other people will tell you the coach thought Buddy what he needs to do in order to stay on the floor and become the complete player he is now.
But all will agree that we love our starting SG...

Is he always this passive though? Looks completely lifeless.
Ayton on the defensive end is going to be a big, big problem (not in a good way). He's completely clueless on the defensive end when it comes to rotations and his overall awareness and lacks lateral quickness and explosiveness to make plays. Suns have to hope he figures it out or they ended up drafting Enes Kanter.

Imo it was just bad team play. You could see the skills still there, but he rarely got shots/passes in rhythm. Our offense is night and day as a team. Fox and Bogi's growth has helped as well. Unclogging some of the dead weight has also helped clear the way this year.

Basically it's general improvement on all fronts, both his game, and the team. I think his stats from the previous year were a little inflated as well.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
that first quarter was of epic proportions courtesy of the Suns, wow. Kings took care of business early as they were supposed to and now get two days to get ready for Cleveland. By the way, Giles' production in his limited minutes is absurd. I can't for the life of me understand why he is either not playing in close games and/or only being given minutes in garbage time. Something must be going on we don't see.

Imo it was just bad team play. You could see the skills still there, but he rarely got shots/passes in rhythm. Our offense is night and day as a team. Fox and Bogi's growth has helped as well. Unclogging some of the dead weight has also helped clear the way this year.

Basically it's general improvement on all fronts, both his game, and the team. I think his stats from the previous year were a little inflated as well.
Whose stats? Giles?

By the way, Kayte provides the best basketball insight of any announcer on TV. I'm not even joking. Team dynamics, a player's personal perspective (she was a pro), X's and O's, key stats, the whole package. Highest BBIQ on air, and I honestly can't think of anyone on her level.
Totally agree. She deserves an analyst job

Highest BBIQ on air, and I honestly can't think of anyone on her level.
Since you asked.....

Seriously though, Kayte probably is almost wasted as a sideline reporter and/or studio host. Her knowledge of the game and ability to deliver that knowledge is special. She is definitely good enough to call games as a color analyst. I don't mind Doug but Kayte would probably be better at the job.

that first quarter was of epic proportions courtesy of the Suns, wow. Kings took care of business early as they were supposed to and now get two days to get ready for Cleveland. By the way, Giles' production in his limited minutes is absurd. I can't for the life of me understand why he is either not playing in close games and/or only being given minutes in garbage time. Something must be going on we don't see.
Giles needs to play better defense. Just to be clear KK is the better player right now. But Giles can do things KK can’t even dream about. That fact is the nub of the problem.

Since you asked.....

Seriously though, Kayte probably is almost wasted as a sideline reporter and/or studio host. Her knowledge of the game and ability to deliver that knowledge is special. She is definitely good enough to call games as a color analyst. I don't mind Doug but Kayte would probably be better at the job.
I wonder if Kayte might be the successor to Gary Gerould. Or is she also wasted on pbp? I kinda don't want her to have to leave Sac to find the job she deserves.

I wonder if Kayte might be the successor to Gary Gerould. Or is she also wasted on pbp? I kinda don't want her to have to leave Sac to find the job she deserves.
She wouldn't be right for PBP especially radio PBP. She needs to be a color analyst, the question is for whom? If I was the Kings I would seriously consider going to a three-person booth if even for just a portion of the games. She'd probably help keep Doug in check as let's face it his homerism and shtick can get over the top at times. Doug is much better when he's giving real basketball insight and not trying to be Dick Vitale 2.0

Since you asked.....

I think Kayte wants to be near her newborn. Darn women. Choosing their children over a job for which they are eminently qualified. ;-)

She wouldn't be right for PBP especially radio PBP. She needs to be a color analyst, the question is for whom? If I was the Kings I would seriously consider going to a three-person booth if even for just a portion of the games. She'd probably help keep Doug in check as let's face it his homerism and shtick can get over the top at times. Doug is much better when he's giving real basketball insight and not trying to be Dick Vitale 2.0
Haha good insights and I had thought of that too. She should absolutely be Doug's #1 backup. Doug's homer schtick works just fine for me though haha.

You know it's a good win when you are talking about the roster depth of your announcers. lol

Watched the Suns post game.

Eddie Johnson and Tom Chambers were none too happy about Harry and Ben. They thought they were hot dogging it in garbage time and acting like they had something to do with the lead. They especially got feisty in regards to Ben who I guess hot dogged the three that he made. Tom wondered “wait, McLemore is still in the league?” Lol salty salty

Maybe it is who Giles was playing with, but I thought he looked pretty inconsistent and was as much of the reason the Suns made their late game run as anyone.