Markelle Fultz

If you have read my posts at all in the last weeks you'd know I'm all in on Otto Porter, but assuming we cannot get that or another 3andD SF I would like to take a shot on Fultz. I think if anything his trade value has plummeted with this new info. Phili is also in a scenario where they don't want extra salary next season.

I could see a Yogi + a couple second rounders and maybe a JJ or another expiring could get him here. We could also just take him into space.

He's a big PG and could easily play back up PG minutes when healthy and play along side of Fox. With Bogi and Buddy playing a bit of small ball SF we would potentially have the best guard rotation in the NBA. We still would have money to throw at a Wing and be able to make a decision on WCS's RFA.

It's not my first choice, but it could be a buy low scenario that we really don't get to do very often.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fultz is dealing with a disorder at the moment, whether he will ever get better is a big question mark. The Kings aren't in a position to help him out and get over his anxiety issues.

Fultz is dealing with a disorder at the moment, whether he will ever get better is a big question mark. The Kings aren't in a position to help him out and get over his anxiety issues.
Why aren't they? There won't be the expectations here. Even without Pete Y, they have an excellent training staff. There isn't a bully mentality on this roster. I think it would be a great fit.

Now, if I were the Suns or Magic I would throw a much better offer out there because he could still be the PG of the future for those teams.

I don't think taking on a 10MM commitment is at all a big deal to take a shot at elite talent.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Why aren't they? There won't be the expectations here. Even without Pete Y, they have an excellent training staff. There isn't a bully mentality on this roster. I think it would be a great fit.

Now, if I were the Suns or Magic I would throw a much better offer out there because he could still be the PG of the future for those teams.

I don't think taking on a 10MM commitment is at all a big deal to take a shot at elite talent.
why? because the Kings have enough youth to develop and play as it is. They don't need to throw a player that has been diagnosed with a nerve condition. He is no body's future PG until he gets right and that's if he gets right.

In. He and his agent were interested in Sacramento during that draft, too. He could be an absolutely devestating backup PG/combo guard. I read up on his condition...seems like it can be managed with PT and minor surgery would be worst case. I bet his shot comes right back once the pain goes away. Seems like a young man who would benefit greatly from being part of The Scores.

Yogi and a couple second rounders is way too low.... I'd take him in a heartbeat if the price is right though... Obviously u don't trade for Fultz at this point to rush him along, eventually the Kings have nice pieces to put on the floor with him.

I don't see how Philly can trade him though for pennies on the dollar... they have way too much vested interest to let him go at this point... i think..

Sixers are not giving him for expiring and second rounders. He's the number 1 pick, and on a rookie contract for another two years after this. There's a good chance his value will go back up if he resolves his issues. They have no incentive to trade him at the bottom of his trade value.

Fultz WAS a number 1 pick. What he currently IS , however, is a roster spot, a year commitment of $10m (expiring), a project with unnecessary drama and a potential bust. Not the attributes the Sixers, who are looking to compete in the East, are looking for.

His value is plummeting. Good GMs stop valuing players based on potential right after draft night. They focus on their on court performance the minute they lace them up. And Fultz has done very little so far. So the Sixers can either wait for a not-so-good GM who will give them something of value for unrealised potential, or they can decide to cut their losses and trade him on the cheap.

I personally hope Vlade is on the phone checking if the latter is the case, because I think Fultz is currently a high risk / high reward project, and if we can have him for scraps it is a risk worth taking (my opinion). I also hope Vlade does not fall into the first category!

Sixers are not giving him for expiring and second rounders. He's the number 1 pick, and on a rookie contract for another two years after this. There's a good chance his value will go back up if he resolves his issues. They have no incentive to trade him at the bottom of his trade value.
They need his roster spot and cap space to sign a max player next year, so expiring and picks is exactly what they would want.

They traded Noel for 2 2nds.

The price is expiring contracts and 2nd round picks. Sorta take your choice. The value for the sixers is to get to a max slot next year and maybe, maybe, get some picks.

No interest in him and his fake injury
Totally agree. The lawyer wants his client away from the team long enough to orchestrate a trade so they went dubious doctor seeking to sign off on this fake injury to justify his absence. Once their goal of a trade to a new team where he can get 30-35 MPG occurs he will be magically "cured"

Their incentive is to try to make the Finals this year so they can retain Jimmy Butler and run it back. They have every incentive to go deep into the playoffs this year and use Fultz as a trade chip to complement their trio of Butler, Embiid and Simmons. I said before the season there was no way Fultz and Simmons could coexist. They both need the ball to be effective and neither spread the floor as a three point threat. Fultz and Simmons was never going to work. The 76ers should have traded Fultz for Kawhi when they had their chance. I don't know if the Spurs would have interest but I do know the 76ers did not make make him available.

They need his roster spot and cap space to sign a max player next year, so expiring and picks is exactly what they would want.

They traded Noel for 2 2nds.
Currently, hey have a committed salary of around $71M and only 7 roster spots filled for next year. Yes, they will need to pay Butler, try to retain Chandler, Reddick/sign alternate players and round out their roster. While I'm not sure of the cap rules, I think they can sign their own players to go over the cap, and even into LT (unless your own FAs are treated the same way as other FAs). If so, the roughly $9M they'll owe Fultz will not be a deterrence, and the roster spot, certainly no.

Noel was a 4th year player when they traded him, and had a much longer injury history. He had also voiced his concern about sharing time in a crowded front court. That year, they had to make a call on their plans for him, and they decided to trade him. They need not rush into it with Fultz. He was almost a consensus #1 pick just an year back, and they gave up a lot to get him (though hopefully, the Kings' nice play is giving them some respite on that front at least). Currently, he is almost at the bottom of his trade value. If he comes back and plays better, they can get a lot more for him than cap relief, which they don't really need, and couple of 2nd rounders.

Everything I have seen written is with Fultz they have 20MM with him off the books it's almost 30MM in cap space. Thats the difference between signing Ryan Anderson and Kyrie Irving.

Zero reason to be interested but not sure the injury is fake? If he hurt himself doing extreme sports (I've heard ATV and I've heard BMX) that is just nuts and he'd have plenty reason to try to hide it.
It’s certainly possible, the whole thing just seems a bit fishy to me

A stretch 4 who hasn’t played since high school and already two back surgeries over a PG/combo guard who should be good to go with PT? Interesting take.
It's not much different than Harry, except he got drafted a tad earlier his draft year.

He's also 6'10 and potentially a full sized SF if his health returns. Which also is our weakest position.

The interesting take is the mental issues Fultz seems to have. In his own world.