SF Trades

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think a guy we haven’t mentioned as trade bait is Yogi. I mean I like him and think he has good value around the league with a friendly contract. If Sac is going to let him sit on the bench, then they are better off including him in a deal. Keep Shump. You have varying levels of expirings. Yogi and Skal and expirings can help in a SF deal. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be Porter. I’m not on the Oubre hype train. Doesn’t fit this team’s growing personality.

I say patience until they get the right deal and if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.

Not seeing where people think we will have the long term cash for a long contract this summer with Fox/Buddy/Bogdan/Bagley/even WCS possibly coming up in the next 3-4 years. Maybe a top SF and you can prioritize it, but just overpay a solid one? Porter only has 2 years remaining though

Jonathon Simmons only checked into the game against Denver last night with 5 minutes left when they were blown out, the guy has a great contract and is a super fit and imo a big to decent upgrade over Shumpert and obviously gigantic over Jackson, he would give us another elite athlete who really brings the toughness and defense and showed decent range. I really think getting him would be huge in terms of being a playoff team. One last thing is if Boggie/Buddy ever get injured (knock on wood) he can easily slide to the two spot as well and gives us great flexibility.

Magic seem to be prioritizing Owundu/Issac/Ross/Gordon/Fournier over him at the SG/SF spots and aside from Gordon/Evan he's a superior all round player to the rest of those guys.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Jonathon Simmons only checked into the game against Denver last night with 5 minutes left when they were blown out, the guy has a great contract and is a super fit and imo a big to decent upgrade over Shumpert and obviously gigantic over Jackson, he would give us another elite athlete who really brings the toughness and defense and showed decent range. I really think getting him would be huge in terms of being a playoff team. One last thing is if Boggie/Buddy ever get injured (knock on wood) he can easily slide to the two spot as well and gives us great flexibility.

Magic seem to be prioritizing Owundu/Issac/Ross/Gordon/Fournier over him at the SG/SF spots and aside from Gordon/Evan he's a superior all round player to the rest of those guys.
Simmons is shooting 31% and 19% from 3. He benefited from playing in SA and now that he isn’t, it’s fairly obvious why Orlando doesn’t give him run

Simmons is shooting 31% and 19% from 3. He benefited from playing in SA and now that he isn’t, it’s fairly obvious why Orlando doesn’t give him run
Last season with regular playing time he put up 13+ppg on near 47% shooting, he sucks now cause of no regular playing time not cause of the SA system. He benefited from having a role and playing time not a system otherwise he would have flopped badly last season.

Last edited:
I think a guy we haven’t mentioned as trade bait is Yogi. I mean I like him and think he has good value around the league with a friendly contract. If Sac is going to let him sit on the bench, then they are better off including him in a deal. Keep Shump. You have varying levels of expirings. Yogi and Skal and expirings can help in a SF deal. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be Porter. I’m not on the Oubre hype train. Doesn’t fit this team’s growing personality.

I say patience until they get the right deal and if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.
Who would you target with Yogi? I don't think his value is high right now though. 6'0 180lb PG averaging 5.8pts 0.8asts 1.2rebs on 40.7/30.4/100

dude12

Hall of Famer
Who would you target with Yogi? I don't think his value is high right now though. 6'0 180lb PG averaging 5.8pts 0.8asts 1.2rebs on 40.7/30.4/100
I mean using him in a package deal with expirings. Instead of the core who are playing right now. Yogi is a known entity and still young.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I'm not sure how he's an upgrade over Shumpert. Simmons is a career 30% shooter from the three, he's 29 years old, and is only 6'6". Shumpert is better in almost every statistical dept. If were going to acquire a SF, can we at least get someone over 6'7". We literally had no one that could match up with Durant, other than maybe Bagley or Willie.

By the way, last night Porter laid 29pts on the Pel's on 12 of 15 shooting oveall, while going 3 for 4 from the three. He added 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. That's the guy I want!!!!! You hear me Vlade?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well Yogi wouldn't be the main prize, although the Suns would probably give their right arm for him. They got anyone we want? Yeah yeah, I know, Josh somebody... Tell you what, I'll trade them Yogi, and Jackson for Bridges.. I'll even throw in a bag of Cheeto's...

Well Yogi wouldn't be the main prize, although the Suns would probably give their right arm for him. They got anyone we want? Yeah yeah, I know, Josh somebody... Tell you what, I'll trade them Yogi, and Jackson for Bridges.. I'll even throw in a bag of Cheeto's...
I'd give them WCS for Bridges. He would be so perfect for the Kings.

Mikal could probably be had for a more realistic package of Yogi+Bjelica.............. but the Suns would never do this trade knowing what they gave to trade up for him. Mikal was not worth giving up that Miami 2021 pick for... especially when you consider they already have Warren and Jackson.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Mikal could probably be had for a more realistic package of Yogi+Bjelica.............. but the Suns would never do this trade knowing what they gave to trade up for him. Mikal was not worth giving up that Miami 2021 pick for... especially when you consider they already have Warren and Jackson.
Well Warren is more of a PF than a SF, although I do like him, but Jackson has been a major disappointment so far. Bridges has outplayed him big time. To be honest, I had some reservations about Jackson, but I didn't think he would be this bad. As for what Mikal is worth, we don't know the answer to that just yet. We don't even know what that draft pick is worth yet.

Bridges isn’t attainable for Bjelica/WCS/Jackson etc.. Phoenix views him as a solid piece going forward. Jackson is the more attainable player, but would still take value

I just can't see anything out there that's better than Bogdan. They finally started Bogdan and Buddy together in the Utah game and they looked good in that first quarter. He went away from it after that and the Kings started to slip. Bogdan off the bench isn't a long term solution. It just isn't. The Kings will lose him or Buddy if they think it's an option to bring one or the other off the bench long term. If they prove incapable of moving the needle together then they need to start considering their options in putting a package together for a star by using one of them. The problem there is who? And how much would they realistically out perform either of them? The countdown clock of adding a star SF to them if that's the goal lasts about as long as Bogdans current deal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I just can't see anything out there that's better than Bogdan. They finally started Bogdan and Buddy together in the Utah game and they looked good in that first quarter. He went away from it after that and the Kings started to slip. Bogdan off the bench isn't a long term solution. It just isn't. The Kings will lose him or Buddy if they think it's an option to bring one or the other off the bench long term. If they prove incapable of moving the needle together then they need to start considering their options in putting a package together for a star by using one of them. The problem there is who? And how much would they realistically out perform either of them? The countdown clock of adding a star SF to them if that's the goal lasts about as long as Bogdans current deal.
I don't know if the Kings necessarily need a star SF. Not that I would turn one down, but I think a solid, full sized SF that can hit the open shot, pass the ball respectably, and defend is all the Kings really need. A solid three and D player. Porter of course is more than that, and believe me I'd love to have him. It's why I was so high on Mikal Bridges last year. I thought he was the perfect fit for the Kings. A team guy that wants to win. Middleton is another of that type.

I'm not sure that you would lose one of Buddy or Bog's if one had to come off the bench. Both guys are team players, and as long as they got their minutes, I don't know if starting is a big deal to either of them. Not saying your wrong, but Bog's off the bench makes a huge difference to the 2nd unit, and Giles seems to play much better when Bog's in on the floor. Bog's will always get his minutes because besides being able to play SG and SF, he also plays quite a few minutes at the point.

Lets go to La La land and assume for a moment that we acquired Porter. So you could start Fox, Buddy, Porter, Bjelica and Willie. Off the bench you could have Mason, Bog's, Shumpert, Bagley, and Giles. I'd have the ball mostly in Bog's hands. That's if you wanted to go with a 10 man rotation.

I think Bogi is a King as long as we pay him a fair wage and neither of the Nuggets or Spurs have the cap to match. Bogi has been very careful in mapping out his career—it will take a particularly better situation to turn his head, I think.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
What's wrong with Jackson, anyway? When I saw him in college he looked like a great talent who would take a little while to come to fruition. To me, he can truly be a defensive stopper. Maybe a change of scenery might be what the doctor ordered. What do you think?

What's wrong with Jackson, anyway? When I saw him in college he looked like a great talent who would take a little while to come to fruition. To me, he can truly be a defensive stopper. Maybe a change of scenery might be what the doctor ordered. What do you think?
For me, one too many 19-20 year olds that needs grooming on and off the court, and he would easily be the least mature. Just hard to see a pathway for him coning good here when he’d basically face the same headwinds he has in Phoenix.

Yep. Looking forward to the duo playing more than one game starting. Bogdan looked good starting last night

If we are talking about the Suns Jackson he reminds me of a younger Shumpert, I would easily take a chance on him but i don't see anything we would be willing to part with to get him, our Jackson/Mason/Yogi/Bjelica/KK they don't need and we would not give up Bogi/Buddy/Fox/Giles/Bagley and they don't need WCS either it would probably have to be a 3 way deal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think it would depend on what you would have to give up to acquire him. If not that much, then fine, get him and put him in our G-League and see if he can develop his shot, because right now he's a terrible shooter. If he could get to where he could average 37% or so on catch and shoot three's, then he could be valuable as a 3 and D player. But right now, no one guards him on the perimeter which makes it difficult for him to get to the basket.

Problem is, I wouldn't give up what they would probably want, and they wouldn't want what I would give up. So it's probably a moot point.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep. Looking forward to the duo playing more than one game starting. Bogdan looked good starting last night
I agree.. I think the Kings have reached a point where they need a total fix at SF, or, they remain patient with Bog's and Shumpert there until the right player comes along. That's if their intent right now is to win. I'm not saying they should go after some experienced 30 plus veteran, but they should be looking for a player that's ready to play now, and is still young enough to move forward with this group we have. A player like Rodney Hood, or Otto Porter, or Khris Middleton etc. Not saying we can or will acquire one of those players, but that they're and example of what we should be looking for. A plug and play player!

I don't know if the Kings necessarily need a star SF. Not that I would turn one down, but I think a solid, full sized SF that can hit the open shot, pass the ball respectably, and defend is all the Kings really need. A solid three and D player. Porter of course is more than that, and believe me I'd love to have him. It's why I was so high on Mikal Bridges last year. I thought he was the perfect fit for the Kings. A team guy that wants to win. Middleton is another of that type.

I'm not sure that you would lose one of Buddy or Bog's if one had to come off the bench. Both guys are team players, and as long as they got their minutes, I don't know if starting is a big deal to either of them. Not saying your wrong, but Bog's off the bench makes a huge difference to the 2nd unit, and Giles seems to play much better when Bog's in on the floor. Bog's will always get his minutes because besides being able to play SG and SF, he also plays quite a few minutes at the point.

Lets go to La La land and assume for a moment that we acquired Porter. So you could start Fox, Buddy, Porter, Bjelica and Willie. Off the bench you could have Mason, Bog's, Shumpert, Bagley, and Giles. I'd have the ball mostly in Bog's hands. That's if you wanted to go with a 10 man rotation.

The problem eventually comes to the cap. Vlade has made a point in signing shorter deals so they don't really stagger over each other very well. Porter is a max player. Somebody is probably going to pay up on Willie this summer. Most certainly someone is going to come knocking on Bogdans door when his deal is up. Shump is a FA too and he's playing so well that he'll probably get MLE offers. Fox and Bagley will be maxed I'm sure. They're rookie max's which helps but attempting to keep all of it together could prove challenging. Adding a young layer is a different story, and how much they would push the team forward now is a major question. A Porter, or Middleton help you now but at a long and heavy cap price. The question there is do they move the needle enough to be worth it? I still believe the best bet is to get all the intel on Bogdan as you can, then make a decision.
Now I'm also not saying if a Durant or Kawhi were in the mix you look the other way because of your current wing combo but the realistic targets aren't that level.

I wonder if the Hawks would have any interest in a deal based around WCS/Jackson or Mason or Skal or 2nd round picks for Alex Len/Taurean Prince, I would love Prince as our starting SF in the future. Len would just be here in case of emergency in fact he would not even have to be part of the deal could be anyone to make the salary work.

If things keep going bad in Houston (assuming they would never trade Harden) the only two tradable pieces they have are Capella (overpaid overrated player imo) Gordon and Tucker who I would trade for considering he's making 7-9million per season.