Nemanja Bjelica

Noticed last game that ball doesn't seem to be going to Bjelica in a creation roll as much as it was earlier in season. In 3rd quarter, when team was struggling, think we would have benefit from using Bjelica as a go to score instead of a spacer spot shooter
I dont know that anyone is really being used in a "creator" role outside of Fox and Bogdon; Bogdon only to keep a lineup that features bench players on track and Fox for obvious reasons. Its not necessarily a bad thing when Bjelica cant get his shot off, that tight defense on him just increases the amount of space around the basket.

He is a seasoned pro and when the team is clicking he usually is a good contributor of the success.

Yes he is slow compared to a lot of the people playing against him but he gets his points and rebounds usually and when he is open and hitting his outside shots adds a dimension that’s a help on a young team.

I look at him like I do Kosta but with a very good outside shot. But like we’re seeing with our 2 rookies having growing and learning pains it will take time for them and he is buying us that time.
Like the thunder game Bagley gave us a glimpse of what we all hope he is and gave us that quick aggressive player that helped us win.

When and not if Giles and Bagley get over their rookie mistakes (fouls & travels) he is exactly what we need and we are lucky to have him.

Am I the only one not feeling him now? Guy literally selects games to play. It’s hard to support that type of consistency, because it speaks to an effort issue. There seems to be excuses about getting him involved or what have you.. I’m not seeing the “heart” with him

Am I the only one not feeling him now? Guy literally selects games to play. It’s hard to support that type of consistency, because it speaks to an effort issue. There seems to be excuses about getting him involved or what have you.. I’m not seeing the “heart” with him
I think it's more the lungs at this point. He's good for stretches at their pace.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don’t think it’s heart at all, I’m not 100% sure he can fit in every game with the way we run. Guy seems 3 steps slower than every single other King on the roster.

I don’t think it’s heart at all, I’m not 100% sure he can fit in every game with the way we run. Guy seems 3 steps slower than every single other King on the roster.
It may be true. I take it as lack of intensity, but maybe it is fitness. I’d hate to let him off the hook if I’m right, though. But it’s a lack of presence. Maybe he’s better in spot minutes, though I’m not sure our youth is ready

I think its a matter of something else, ie i'm not sure what you guys want from him. In this game he hit all his shots, all his threes, and all his free throws for 12 points. He had 5 boards which is 3rd most on the team, 1 less than Bagley, in 18 minutes.

I look at him as a Very decent big that’s buying time for our two rookies to get some experience and playing time and then he will make a very good first big off the bench at the forward spot.

If suppose we only play him at the end of the first half and the end of the third and the first stretch of the fourth with his minutes against the opponents bench or at least at a point in the game where the other team is tired.

I am not sure if we have reached that point yet but I have been pleased with Bagley and Giles progress with both of them only having played 20 or less NBA games.

Who knows how this season ends up but man I see a couple of future stars in MB111 and Fox with a decent 6-8 player core.

He is not the fastest guy but has a great handle. He relies too much on long 3s at times like the first half against Memphis. . I would like to seem drive more and get points in the paint. He is a good finisher. Bjelica makes some really good plays on interior defense. The kind Willie should make. The kind Marvin makes.

He is not the fastest guy but has a great handle. He relies too much on long 3s at times like the first half against Memphis. . I would like to seem drive more and get points in the paint. He is a good finisher. Bjelica makes some really good plays on interior defense. The kind Willie should make. The kind Marvin makes.
There is a reason why he shoots such long 3s. One of the best is that it makes his defenders have to stay close to him even though he is as slow as a beached whale. He really opens the floor with the "Beli Bomb". He is strong off the dribble as long as he can keep a guy on his hip, like a good guard. That really helps with big defenders and defenses that aren't used to his unusual talent for being so big. He would be an allstar if he was any faster.