[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Sunday, Nov. 25 - 5:00 PT

Don't put Fox in the same category as Willie. As much as he was struggling, Joerger didn't need to bench Fox in the 4th. That was harsh and disrespectful.
Yeah i was at the game tonight and had to do a double take when I realized it was 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Fox had not been in at all. I thought “okay maybe he’s resting him” but the next game is Thursday...seriously, what gives?

I usually find + / - as a stat is only convenient until it isn’t. Lol
+/- is a flimsy stat. All stats are kinda flimsy in team games, I much prefer baseball stats where most of the data is driven by clear 1 v1 matchups. The highest + game I've ever seen in the NBA was done by none other than Shelvin Mack, who i think was +50 or very close....

Luc Mbah Moute broke the record and posted a +57 ina game for the Rockets last year.

but when it's something like -28 in 30 minutes, and the rest of the team is more in the 0 to negative 15 range, it's kinda of a when there's smoke there's fire situation.

The real reason I brought it up though is people are posting like the Kings got slaughtered with Willie in the game, meanwhile they got outscored by 2.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
+/- is a flimsy stat. All stats are kinda flimsy in team games, I much prefer baseball stats where most of the data is driven by clear 1 v1 matchups. The highest + game I've ever seen in the NBA was done by none other than Shelvin Mack, who i think was +50 or very close....

Luc Mbah Moute broke the record and posted a +57 ina game for the Rockets last year.

but when it's something like -28 in 30 minutes, and the rest of the team is more in the 0 to negative 15 range, it's kinda of a when there's smoke there's fire situation.

The real reason I brought it up though is people are posting like the Kings got slaughtered with Willie in the game, meanwhile they got outscored by 2.
At the same time, it's hard to argue that Willie was tangibly a positive tonight. While the Kings might have been better with Willie on the floor, I don't necessarily think it was because Willie was there. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

I do agree that of our three bigs tonight, Bagley may have struggled the most what with his rushed threes and getting bullied by the Jazz bigs all night.

Don't put Fox in the same category as Willie. As much as he was struggling, Joerger didn't need to bench Fox in the 4th. That was harsh and disrespectful.
I don’t think he was benched so much as the Kings were officially out of the game very quickly into the 4th. If they were still in any reasonable striking distance with 7 or 8 minutes, I’m sure Fox and probably Willie would’ve been in.

He's only about 6'8" but pushes Willie around like a rag doll.
You talk like the Clips are crap or average. They are one of the best teams in the NBA this year. No Joke.
It's obvious you haven't watched them at all this year.
Man, I love Harrell. Just a junkyard dog. Doc Rivers has done a fantastic job raising is level of play. Clips are very surprising. I know a lot of people don't like Rivers. But, I am a big fan. He keeps this up and he's COY.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You talk like the Clips are crap or average. They are one of the best teams in the NBA this year. No Joke.
It's obvious you haven't watched them at all this year.
Man, I love Harrell. Just a junkyard dog. Doc Rivers has done a fantastic job raising is level of play. Clips are very surprising. I know a lot of people don't like Rivers. But, I am a big fan. He keeps this up and he's COY.
If the season trends continue it's a two man race between Doc and Joerger with Bud being a dark horse.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nobody is getting COY for .500
it's not a normal year though. There are 14 teams currently in the playoff race in the west. The parity is insane. If Joerger gets the lowly Sacramento KANGZ into the playoffs after nearly 15 years of not getting there and after a full summer of "The Kings are the worst team in the league" narratives, he's gonna get votes.

Well, it’s becoming safe to say that the KINGS aren’t good at back-to-backs. Maybe not terrible all the time, but certainly not good.

By the Q2 I was far past tired seeing them allow each and every Utah player to drive wherever they wanted to go. Just lackluster. They need to learn how to fight through it.

I don’t think he was benched so much as the Kings were officially out of the game very quickly into the 4th. If they were still in any reasonable striking distance with 7 or 8 minutes, I’m sure Fox and probably Willie would’ve been in.
I was quite disappointed with the amount of minutes Fox and Bogi played in the 4th, and Jackson for that matter. We were DEFINITELY within striking distace. 12-15 pts is striking distance for this team and I could not for the life of me figure out why Fox wasn't in with 8 minutes to go.

Willey and Fox invisible for two games in a row. That's hard to overcome.
Being benched in the 4th was uncalled for. Fox has intangibles that affect the momentum. You give your star the ball in the 4th when you're struggling. You put your best 5 out there at 8-9 mins unless you're down 25. I don't care. Joerger threw in the towel and I don't know why.