Super Team, Just Young.

I’m as pumped as anyone about this team, and Not trying to be a downer , but can we please not jinx this? I’ve said it before and was semi joking, but not really.

Well, I must admit it. I was soooooo wrong last summer. I thought this team had no hope coming into this season. Now I'm so shocked, I'm almost afraid to wake up from this dream and find out nothing is real...

For the first time in over a decade this team seems to be on the right path. We have a style, we play the right way, we win. Kids are getting better every game, Fox is showing he can be a superstar. Willie is improving. Buddy is improving. Bogdan is just great. Bjelica is the most underrated singning of the offseason. Marvin is showing flashes. I don't know who that guy with jersey #9 is, but sure that can't be the Iman Shumpert I saw for the past few years. And, on top of that, this team is so fun to watch. Really, one of the best team in the league to watch.

I was wrong Vlade, please forgive me for doubting you... :p

I always thought early on Shumpert was a good pickup but he had me worried with his start at the beginning. But I felt that he was just trying to hard and had to let the game come to him instead of jacking the ball up every time he touched it.
He is a veteran who was known for his defense and could even play point guard if needed. They let him rest last year and he is getting a chance to shine in what I hope is the right fit for him.

Now if he stays healthy we are starting to show some defensive progress with him, Bagley, Fox and a few others.

It would be 6, if the Blazers take care of business against them on Friday, but would be pretty awesome.
Get this, if they Blazers bean the Warriors on Friday, and we beat the Warriors on Saturday, we tie them for what will likely be 6th or 7th place. If we then win the next night against the Jazz, we will be ahead of them by a half a game. If that's not something to play for early season I don't know what is.

Give me some more Shumpert. He has become the emotional leader of this team. He runs the floor, he plays defense and some serious steaky scoring. When you go to war in the NBA, every team needs a guy like Iman.
I was cautiously optimistic Shump could be a contributor this season, but man... I love the moxie that dude brings. He has definitely exceeded what I thought was the best case scenario.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not convinced the modern NBA is built for a traditional SF. I'm really liking the look of Fox, Buddy, and Bogi on the floor at the same time. We may just have to use glue guys like Shumpert at that position. Probably don't need a high use player at that position, especially as Bagley comes along, let alone Giles.
I agree with you. I think it's important to find the right fit at the SF position. No ball stoppers or dribble the hell out of the ball players. So from that point of view, a player that can run the floor with the team, play solid defense, and hit an occasional open shot is really all this team needs. This team is like a race horse, so you don't put a 300 pound jockey on its back.

Well, I must admit it. I was soooooo wrong last summer. I thought this team had no hope coming into this season. Now I'm so shocked, I'm almost afraid to wake up from this dream and find out nothing is real...

For the first time in over a decade this team seems to be on the right path. We have a style, we play the right way, we win. Kids are getting better every game, Fox is showing he can be a superstar. Willie is improving. Buddy is improving. Bogdan is just great. Bjelica is the most underrated singning of the offseason. Marvin is showing flashes. I don't know who that guy with jersey #9 is, but sure that can't be the Iman Shumpert I saw for the past few years. And, on top of that, this team is so fun to watch. Really, one of the best team in the league to watch.

I was wrong Vlade, please forgive me for doubting you... :p
I would love to see more like this as the season progresses.

I agree with you. I think it's important to find the right fit at the SF position. No ball stoppers or dribble the hell out of the ball players. So from that point of view, a player that can run the floor with the team, play solid defense, and hit an occasional open shot is really all this team needs. This team is like a race horse, so you don't put a 300 pound jockey on its back.
Unless that 300 pounder is named Zion Williamson (6'7" 285 lbs or so) the Duke nimble monster All-American small forward:D