Super Team, Just Young.

Seems we are missing small forward big time star from really exploding into playoffs. But I would not mess up great chemistry Kings developing to trade for one at least until end of season or trade for high draft pick hoping for the jackpot. Seems we've been in SF no mans land for well over a decade!

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Seems we are missing small forward big time star from really exploding into playoffs. But I would not mess up great chemistry Kings developing to trade for one at least until end of season or trade for high draft pick hoping for the jackpot. Seems we've been in SF no mans land for well over a decade!
Looks like Jackson might be developing a bit after his cut to his minutes. He played a decent game. Dave likes to develop his players this way reminds me of when Buddy was moved to the bench last year.

I'm not convinced the modern NBA is built for a traditional SF. I'm really liking the look of Fox, Buddy, and Bogi on the floor at the same time. We may just have to use glue guys like Shumpert at that position. Probably don't need a high use player at that position, especially as Bagley comes along, let alone Giles.

Bonzi Wells says hold up a minute.
Both Ron and Bonzi were gone by the 2008-2009 season so depending on how you rank Rudy and whether you considered Reke a PG or a SF (LOLKANGZ), SF has been our biggest hole for the last 10 years*.

*aside from competent coaching, competent FO, Maloofs for most of that

There's room to improve but you're right, if we see Buddy and Fox continue their current trajectory and Bags and maybe Giles make a year two leap then really any competent role player that understands their role can slot right in.
Really curious to see if we can patch that with a creative fix that fits our style. Bagley, WCS and Belly on the floor at times and Bogi, Fox, and Buddy at other times. Either playing small ball or going big but sacrificing little athleticism, and having good shooting on the floor at almost all times.

Vlade was mocked for his “super team, just young” comment. He was once again the butt of jokes, LOLs, and eye rolls. Never mind that he comment was meant to be playful and was completely taken out of context. Well, just look at them now. Not so funny, huh? I just LOVE that Vlade and the rest of us are getting a little bit of redemption. Wouldn’t it be awesome to watch the ESPN halftime feature on a kings playoff game as they look back at the determined culture change Vlade brought to sac? We are watching the birth of a relevant, must see NBA team...ala 1998, 20 years later.

I beg the front office to not do anything at all. Let these guys develop. MGIII and Fox are 19 and 20 respectively. Keep the focus on player development and chemistry and relentlessly protect the current direction of this team. The talent on the floor and sidelines is there for the world to see. FO overreaching/meddling/drama is biggest threat right now. I hope Vivek recognizes this and ruthlessly roots out any threats.

It's called the playoffs.
Yeah, I do remember those. I was thinking of it more in terms of Fox being a MIP contender. If he keeps this up, I think he deserves it, but you can't make 13 assists if your teammates are horrible, and some way of spreading the credit around would be good. I propose that the NBA give us the second pick again in 2020, as a reward. Fast play makes for high ratings, so it's a win-win!

Yeah, I do remember those. I was thinking of it more in terms of Fox being a MIP contender. If he keeps this up, I think he deserves it, but you can't make 13 assists if your teammates are horrible, and some way of spreading the credit around would be good. I propose that the NBA give us the second pick again in 2020, as a reward. Fast play makes for high ratings, so it's a win-win!
If we make the playoffs as anything other than the 8th seed (and even such) and I gotta think Joerger is in the running for COY and/or Vlade EOY, Fox MIP, etc etc. Depending on how things shake out we may have a sixth man contender in there.