Jimmy Butler traded to 76ers

Sounds like it's Covington, Saric, Bayless and a 2nd rd pick for Butler and Justin Patton.

Reportedly he was pissed about playing 41 mins in last nights loss to the Kings.

interesting trade, I thought they will get more, but I guess its not bad. but first things first, do you think Saric fantasy value goes up or down (I have him on my team and he just started playing well).

I feel like Covington was a much better fit for the Sixers. Saric never really fit with Embiid and his defense has been pretty bad, but he's a high upside offensive player.

You got 3 ball dominant players now in Embiid, Butler, and Covington. I think the Sixers get better, but the fit is weird. They need more 3pt shooters.

I feel like Covington was a much better fit for the Sixers. Saric never really fit with Embiid and his defense has been pretty bad, but he's a high upside offensive player.

You got 3 ball dominant players now in Embiid, Butler, and Covington. I think the Sixers get better, but the fit is weird. They need more 3pt shooters.
They're taking more of a long-term approach with this deal as I don't see why Butler wouldn't resign unless some catastrophic happens the rest of the way. But man, that defense is going to be absolutely nasty and they're going to have a great shot at making the finals the next 4 years once they figure out the supporting cast a bit. I think it's smart to get your core locked up first though, then worry about the ancillary pieces later.

I think I would have traded Fultz over Bob Cov though. Maybe they tried and the Wolves didn't want him, but Cov is the exact kind of guy you want to put next to the new big 3. Fultz hitting his ceiling isn't going to be a guy who can fit in with a bunch of ball-dominant guys, he's going to be one himself. And a Simmons-Jimmy-Cov-Embiid defense would have been absolute drool-worthy.

Embiid is a strong personality as well , this will be interesting...
Was thinking the exact same thing. No doubt Butler will get along fine with Simmons but Embiid is a very strong personality and also a bit of a diva that runs his mouth a lot. Lost in all of that Colangelo burner account twitter drama was that apparently Simmons is a really good guy and quiet hard worker.

Embiid as good as he is was accused of being lazy, a drama queen, and partying too much. You then bring Butler into that.......things could turn south very easily.

With that said, I don't think Embiid is soft (SAWFT) like Towns is.......so it's very possible that Butler could actually light a fire under Embiid and truly bring Embiid up to another level. If Embiid ever started to play with the focus and intensity of Butler the league is in big trouble.

It’s a good deal for both teams.

Wolves needed more depth and less ball hungry players. Plus their frontline seemed kinda antiquated and this adds more flexibility with certain matchups.

For Philly this could help put them right with Toronto and Milwaukee. Assuming Butler wasn’t really the cancer he seemed to be and was just a series of unfortunate relationships in Minnesota.

Also y’all gotta stop with the ball dominate stuff this makes everyone on that team better. They needed a wing scorer next to Biid in the half court cause Ben isn’t that. Butler is the sole reason Minnesota was a playoff team last year

and given that philly can really pay him, i think he stays there...(baring any drama)
Won’t be any drama KAT is the softtest player in the league this is fact, and there’s Wiggins who only cares when he plays vs Lebron or Cleveland. Seriously I’d have punched KAT by now if I played with him dudes a paper tissue.

Biid-Butler-Ben-Chandler that’s gonna be the best defense in the league right there

They're taking more of a long-term approach with this deal as I don't see why Butler wouldn't resign unless some catastrophic happens the rest of the way. But man, that defense is going to be absolutely nasty and they're going to have a great shot at making the finals the next 4 years once they figure out the supporting cast a bit. I think it's smart to get your core locked up first though, then worry about the ancillary pieces later.

I think I would have traded Fultz over Bob Cov though. Maybe they tried and the Wolves didn't want him, but Cov is the exact kind of guy you want to put next to the new big 3. Fultz hitting his ceiling isn't going to be a guy who can fit in with a bunch of ball-dominant guys, he's going to be one himself. And a Simmons-Jimmy-Cov-Embiid defense would have been absolute drool-worthy.
I could definitely see the TWolves wanting Covington over Fultz. They're also focusing on winning now. Don't even think about what the Sixers gave to move up.. or the fact that Fultz was the #1 pick. He is a bust until he proves otherwise. Philly needs to invest in a ton of sports psychologists because this https://streamable.com/35ubx shouldn't be happening..

However, if Fultz EVER learns how to shoot again, then he would be the perfect fit next to those guys. I can see the Sixers making a legitimate run at Klay Thompson this summer... apparently they'll have $21million in cap space including Jimmy's cap if they renounce a bunch of rights. I don't know that Klay will leave. Only way I see him leaving is if GS lowballs him.. which I doubt they will, but their owner was initially tentative about giving Curry his contract.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
finally Embiid gets some help. If Butler meshes well with Embiid & Simmon they are right up there with Toronto & Milwaukee as contenders in the East. The East all of a sudden is fun again, I dig it. Love the move for Philly, even if he doesn't re-sign with them, they are making a commitment to winning now and hoping that he will sign with them should the team do well in the postseason.