[Game] Kings vs. Raptors - Wednesday, Nov. 7 - 7:00 PM PDT

What will be the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still feel good about the group. Even better actually. Bjeli drop off is expected but he should still linger at 10-12 a game with some playmaking.

Last two games it seems they are using him like Peja instead of the point forward role. Having him try to shake defenders for open looks or cut to the basket is pretty much how
Minnesota used him. It might have something to do with the length Milwaukee and Toronto bring.

Anyway, Kings continue to have good assist/to..they’re shooting well from two and three. I think we’re at the point where we can view that as a consistent feature of the team. I think that will carry the Kings to an encouraging amount of W’s this season. Rebounding and free throws will be the theme against teams like Toronto but the mark of an up and coming young team is taking out the trash. Kings won’t have too many let downs against teams they’re better than and will win a good number of games against middle of the road teams, which I think the Kings ultimately will be by the end of the year, and a top team here and there

Last edited:
Countdown to the Fox, Buddy, Bogi, MBIII, WCS starting lineup.
It's early obviously but it's starting to look like the Kings have no choice but to play Fox, Buddy, and Bogdan together beyond it mainly being a necessity if they think they are their wing core moving forward because otherwise the Kings simply don't have the talent to hang with real competition. I think you still put Bjelica out there with them for shooting. If anything his recent slump is showing how much of a difference he is for the team. He might be the biggest difference maker in actuality.

The Kings are getting called for and against somewhat consistently by now so they are what they are and that's a team that is going to have to use shooting, especially from 3 to compete with the better teams. Chipping away when you are coming from behind isn't going to work against everyone. The good teams are forcing the ball away from the Kings best player by giving better looks to the ones they want taking them which means tougher shots for the players you want taking them.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's early obviously but it's starting to look like the Kings have no choice but to play Fox, Buddy, and Bogdan together beyond it mainly being a necessity if they think they are their wing core moving forward because otherwise the Kings simply don't have the talent to hang with real competition. I think you still put Bjelica out there with them for shooting. If anything his recent slump is showing how much of a difference he is for the team. He might be the biggest difference maker in actuality.

The Kings are getting called for and against somewhat consistently by now so they are what they are and that's a team that is going to have to use shooting, especially from 3 to compete with the better teams. Chipping away when you are coming from behind isn't going to work against everyone. The good teams are forcing the ball away from the Kings best player by giving better looks to the ones they want taking them which means tougher shots for the players you want taking them.
The good teams are killing the Kings on the boards. That's the main problem, imo. That problem doesn't get any better with the Bogs, Fox Hield lineup, unfortunately. If the Kings had a guy like DeAndre Jordan that 3-guard lineup would probably be very good.

Just a few thoughts

Williams needs to get all of Jacksons minutes. Dude has legit potential on both ends and is still young.

Yogi should get an opportunity next game

Buddy is a killer, and once Bogdon is going full force teams are in trouble.

Fox has superstar potential.

Bagley playing great for a rook.

That was a top 5 team and they had trouble with us. Kings just need to clean up the fouling and start hitting their free-throws.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season

The good teams are killing the Kings on the boards. That's the main problem, imo. That problem doesn't get any better with the Bogs, Fox Hield lineup, unfortunately. If the Kings had a guy like DeAndre Jordan that 3-guard lineup would probably be very good.

The Kings are most like the Warriors or Nash Suns, or are trying to be that. Those teams were notoriously weak on the boards for stretches and didn't mess it up trying to become great rebounding teams. You are what you are at some point. A lot of those offensive boards come from long 3's. The Kings are around 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage, so they aren't the worst and if they shored up those long 3's they'd be closer to average which is livable if they want to be a top 5 pace team.

Bjelica turned down some shots that he shouldn't turn down, then took some he shouldn't take. The ref/foul issue really screwed him up in this game.
In the games I've seen so far this year that reach in being called here and not called there is going to cause more fights. Players hate ticky tack calls when they are followed up with a quick whistle on anything physical.

AST/TO ratio big thing for me here. Not a great game but a near 2:1 ratio against a team like Toronto definitely something to be proud of.

Lowry>Fox but not for long
Siakam>Bagley but not for long
OG>JJ......sigh....

Lakers didn’t last 5 minutes against this Raptors team without Kawhi on their home floor. As an LA resident it’s really nice to root for a team that has too much pride to not play hard at home

Just a few thoughts

Williams needs to get all of Jacksons minutes. Dude has legit potential on both ends and is still young.

Yogi should get an opportunity next game

Buddy is a killer, and once Bogdon is going full force teams are in trouble.

Fox has superstar potential.

Bagley playing great for a rook.

That was a top 5 team and they had trouble with us. Kings just need to clean up the fouling and start hitting their free-throws.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season
I agree.
Not having been on the OG Anunoby bandwagon like some of the fans here, I was curious about him tonight. He should have gone 15th. It simply pains me to see JJ get playing time, give that time to Troy, Shump, Bogdan,Wenyen…….As Tuco Salamanca famously said "pink, yellow, blue whatever man just bring me that".

Yeah, that long 3 he took right after a bad call was clearly him losing his head a bit.

I think he'll bounce back against Thibs on Friday!
I didn't like that at all. He did it last game too. I like Bjelly to shoot threes, but not from that deep. His range doesn't extend that far and so it's just a really bad shot.

Yes, the KINGS rebounding sucked. Yes, the Raptors are good. But tonight's game was heavily influenced by all the ticky tack foul calls in the 1st half that allowed Toronto to build that 13 point lead. And they called it tight, one way, for a good stretch.

Sometimes it just feels as if the powers that be do what's necessary to ensure the marquee names/teams win. Sorry, but it just does.

Lastly, I'm tiring fast of the NBA not allowing much defense to be played. IMO, all this freedom of movement BS is just another way to ensure the star players and teams that are expected to win get their calls.

Well my Bjelica theory is holding up (without seeing the game).......the team needs all hands on deck against good teams. Unfortunately yet another substandard night for Bjelica. The problem now could be he was overachieving for a stretch. Team desperately needs or him to right his offense.

What is stopping Williams from getting playing time? Does he maybe not understand play sets to a level of DJ liking the guy played this well before in Memphis and still got cut by DJ. Everytime the guy is on the floor good things happened and he's probably more suited to this style of play than anyone on the team. Sucks it took until the 3rd quarter to get him in based on what he's produced he's ahead of Jackson/Shump imo.

Also please swap out Mason with Yogi. I thought the team fought really hard WCS/Fox/Buddy/Bagley all played well I really think the team needs to double team less (couple of needless doubles on Pascal) I watched Portland allow Giannis to basically smash whoever (had 10 dunks I think) but they didn't allow anyone else other than Lopez who went off to beat them and won easy.

Bogie didn't look to bad coming back I thought other than Yogi and Williams not getting enough burn the subs were pretty well done. I would not be against bringing both Bogi and Bjelly (playing similar minutes) of the bench as long as Mason is not out there dribbling the ball that way both get more touches which is a good thing.

I was reading one of the stat lines and found if it’s true kinda a problem.
Offensive rebounds: starters had a big fat 0 and all of the ones we did have came from the bench.

That was a solid game. I think we have to acknowledge that the refs have really slowed some of our momentum in these games and have really given other teams bail out calls consistently. I don't recall ever seeing the refs blow their whistle so much after the opposing player misses a shot and we get the board. What's up with that?

Our best players showed out and our bench was horrendous. JJ and Mason are third stringers, maybe, and yet each gets significant minutes. Bogi, Troy, and Bagley should be the first folks off the bench, but I would love to see Bogi start alongside Buddy eventually.

We need to rebound better. Period.

Bagley's dribbling and right hand is already showing improvement. He has used the Euro-step to avoid charging defenders in each of the last two games. A Big Man going coast to coast after ten games of his Rookie season at 19 years old. Are you kidding me????:) He is much more skilled than I thought.

It was fun to watch this Young Super Team battle the Raptors. It was a fun game to watch:)

New NBA rules hurting players like Bjelly. He doesn't have the feet to defend in space. Needs his hands. Gets called for any touch.

Generally, I tend to not blame officiating. It's a part of the game and the calls even out. Last night was different. That jump ball call against WCS was just killer--blatantly wrong and a momentum killer. The Kings were simply not getting the same calls, especially few times when players were getting bumped and pushed down low.

Mason and Jackson both were on the bench in the 2h. Good. They deserved it. Jackson disappeared from physicality. Mason, once again, became a ball stopper and thought he was a 6'6 scoring guard. Yogi, please.

I like Troy Williams. Brings a physicality that Jackson does not show or forgets way toooooooo often.

With Shump and Williams, there's a lil less of a need for perimeter defense, but we need more consistent outside shooting. Bjelly hits two 3s and Kings convert a few more FTs and the game is closer (by 1 or 2 points). Efficiency is the larger issue right now.

Kosta was horrible on both sides of the ball last night. He misses more bunnies than any 7 footer should ever miss. WCS and Bags needs to play more together. And where's Giles?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Kings are most like the Warriors or Nash Suns, or are trying to be that. Those teams were notoriously weak on the boards for stretches and didn't mess it up trying to become great rebounding teams. You are what you are at some point. A lot of those offensive boards come from long 3's. The Kings are around 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage, so they aren't the worst and if they shored up those long 3's they'd be closer to average which is livable if they want to be a top 5 pace team.
the Kings are not emulating the Warriors or Suns. They have plenty of big bodies to throw out there but some of the players are simply not ready to bang against the grown men the NBA has to offer so their size and length is irrelevant when they play them. The Kings need to rebound as a unit if they want to have success on the glass, that's all they can do at this point in my opinion.