Votes: 27 100.0%
  • WCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Views From the Other Side
The following has been taken from hothothoops.com
  • 8:35 Remember DeAaron Fox's putback for a game winner?
    Yeah. I remember too.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    This dish has been chilling for close to a year so it should be quite cold.

I am impressed with DeAaron Fox’s game progression though. He looks primed for a breakout season. He will be and already is a pretty good player and he has lost some of that youthful leanness and has filled out his body for the NBA grind. That is an enjoyable team to watch. Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley jr, Harry Giles, and the big kid is just coming into his own Willie Cauley Stein and even Justin Jackson. That’s a very nice young core.
    Let’s not take them for granted.
  • 4:12 We have an opportunity this week
    If we handle our business we have the chance to go 3-0 this week. We need to stop losing to inferior teams as often as we do. This is the week we start turning around that trend. Just like the turd quarter was slayed last week.

Let’s go HEAT!
  • 4:51 McGruder and Hassan are the droids we’re looking for
  • 4:57 dude...
    the pace of todays game is ridiculous!!
  • 5:00 The Kings can really run
    It’s probably their biggest strength. It’s a good way for a young team to play
  • 5:06 Stunning quarter for Whiteside He was once a King. It probably feels great to be playing in Miami.
  • 5:16 Damn these guys are fast!
  • 5:18 Man I really I have to give some credit to the Kings
    They actually seem pretty fun to watch. They can’t shoot but they just don’t stop running
  • 5:59 should have gone on a +20 in the first half
    if it wasnt for the sloppy basketball.
    Now we have a game
  • 6:02 Turd quarter
  • 6:16 43 point quarter to THE KINGS
  • 6:18 up and coming young team, with special managment
  • 6:16 We'll get over this.
    Lead seems high but we can do this. Stop the TOs.
  • 6:17 we are shooting ourselves at the foot.
    always at the "right time"
  • 6:25 We're losing to Iman Shumpert?
    HOW?
  • 6:26 The passing has definitely been sloppy
    That and we’re losing to IMAN SHUMPERT.
  • 6:27 To give them credit
    Sactown is really different this season. Good for them. But we still need to beat them.
  • 6:27 I got here late gents. How is it we are losing to Sacramento AT HOME????? Besides the usual....
  • 6:31 Good TO
    Calm everybody down and get some fresh legs out there. The refs are getting into some heads.
  • 6:36 Why did I tune in for this??
  • 6:38 We are so lucky
    that the Kings and Magic aren’t in the playoffs
  • 6:39 We do have this thing
    of losing to bad teams. It should be a bonus win for us. Geez.
  • 6:55 really sad lost.
    heat should have gone on +25-30 in the first half, but was very sloopy.

the rest is the end result.
  • 6:55 Well say goodbye...
    …to all the good will the Heat built up with that Portland game.
  • 7:01 Need to have Riley give them...
    …the "professional speech" before these games…

"Professionals win the games they’re supposed to win… blah, blah… etc.

Last edited:
Im extremely pumped on this team and winning. Its awesome,

but Bagley. Has got to play more. 12mins game 1, 17 tonight. This isn't gonna work for the #2 pick. KK should be moved hopefully sooner than later.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Im extremely pumped on this team and winning. Its awesome,

but Bagley. Has got to play more. 12mins game 1, 17 tonight. This isn't gonna work for the #2 pick. KK should be moved hopefully sooner than later.
Who's minutes do you want him to take? Bjelica and Trill are having big boy seasons and Kosta is literally the only guy on our roster capable of bodying up big big men (I don't expect him to play too much otherwise).

Trust in Joerger. He knows what he's doing.
Im giving him a tad more slack, he's earned it with the adjustment to the pace.
Who's minutes do you want him to take? Bjelica and Trill are having big boy seasons and Kosta is literally the only guy on our roster capable of bodying up big big men (I don't expect him to play too much otherwise).
first off he can take Justin Jacksons min. Im totally serious there. No way Bagley taking JJ's mins hurts us. Bagley would be out of position but at least a living human being.

Also KK really wasn't impressive. meanwhile I felt Bagleys energy and impact. 2 blks he hit a 3pt (btw he's at 40% now on the season).

God dang.. I didn't have much knowledge about Nemanja Bjelica before the season. I hadn't watched that much of him, but DAYAM! Keep the ball in his hands on the offense Vlade must have rubbed off on this guy, because he's making the entire team better with his passing, and ball handling in the high post. Dude is a beast!
Unbelievably perfect signing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

first off he can take Justin Jacksons min. Im totally serious there. No way Bagley taking JJ's mins hurts us. Bagley would be out of position but at least a living human being.

Also KK really wasn't impressive. meanwhile I felt Bagleys energy and impact. 2 blks he hit a 3pt (btw he's at 40% now on the season).
No. Just no.

• 6:39 We do have this thing
    of losing to bad teams. It should be a bonus win for us. Geez.

Bah! This team is about to make me start going to games again if this is how they are going to play. I hope my season prediction of 25-30 wins isn't going to happen. I think WCS might be the real deal. After Cousins left he started to be the man, so to speak, and is doing well! Figured him for a "Nerlens Noel" type of player who gives you 10/7 or there about and that's it.

Thoughts:

First half, the Heat's defense really bothered the Kings. They applied the Jazz's model of letting a giant anchor the middle then pushing their defenders out and forcing the Kings to drive and get stuffed at the rim.

In the 2H, the Kings decided to run and I noticed WCS leaking out more. They basically told WCS to leak out and run whenever he switched to a perimeter player on defense and another King got the board. He scored like 8 easy, full court sprint layups and dunks. Basically ran Whiteside off the floor. That strategy is good for a solid 10 points per game.

Fox is becoming a bona fide two way stud. There's really not many PGs like him--quickness of a 5'10 guard, legit 6'3 length, plus a lefty. We got an all time physical talent at the 1 spot, who also has his head on straight, is a leader, and a gamer.

Belly is a damn steal. This generation's Vlade?

Buddy. Love him. Hate him.

Bags just produces.

Giles needs to see the floor. This new pace is doing him no favors. His mental timing is off--so justified.

MOD NOTE: Part of this post has been split off into a new thread in the Personnel Moves forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Jackson's minutes are already going to Bogdan in a week, so that's not gonna be a sustainable source of minutes.

KK is never impressive. He's just steady and solid as a rock, which is precisely what a young team needs. Scot Pollard didn't necessarily play every game in the Kings season but you always knew what you'd get when he did.

That was impressive. Everyone knows how hard it is to win in Miami. Willie got punked by Whiteside multiple times in the first quarter and still wound up with an efficient 26 and 13. Great game from him and great adjustments as well from him and the coach.

Buddy with 23, 8 and 5 on 14 shots with good defense sprinkled in there? The man is underrated.

Fox's average games this year are equal to his best games last year. Most improved player of the year?

Bjelica stuffing the stat sheet again. This is the kind of veteran I like. The kind that elevates everyone's play on the court with his own play and he also keeps them competitive in games. Which means more meaningful minutes for everyone.

Shumpert with some big 3s when Miami was inching closer. Bagley with a couple of awesome blocks and a nice 3.

Yogi and Mason need to step up a bit more but Mason did have 5 assists and no turnovers. Koufos solid in his return stint.

Jackson. Dude. Come on. Hit your wide open threes. That's all anyone asks of you.

When it comes to the plus/minus stat, it seems like almost every game our starters are way up at like +15 and our bench players are all way down at -10. The starters have been awesome but we really need the bench guys to pick it up. I'm thinking Bogdan off the bench may be what the doctor ordered here. With the starters playing as well as they have been, I'd hate to mess with the chemistry there. Frank Mason is an odd duck because his stats aren't that bad at all. Especially his assist to turnover ratio. It just seems like the offense stalls out when he runs the show. Really not sure why. Bogdan may help with that. If we could get the bench guys closer to +0 and the starters hold pat at besting most teams they play, these guys could really make a run.

Gotta love bejelica drawing the tech on adebayo. One of the games underrated entertaining highlights in my opinion. Nemanja Tried to reach for the ball before bam could hand it to the ref and i think psychologically he knew Bam would be hyper competitive about it and he calmly took a step to the baseline the moment Bam reacted. Belly is a nuanced player.