Bogdan and Buddy in the back court?

Could Bogdan be effective as our primary ball handler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bogdan can play the one, or the two or the three........offensively. Then on the other end he has to match up with someone he can actually defend. IMO Bogdan at the one would be sort of a trick you hold back for special times. Sort of like switching to a trap defense or a three guard lineup.

AS far as Bogdan over dribbling he is very talented in that area. His ability to penetrate, change speeds and use his body to create contact is pretty darn good. He can also get a defense on its heels and lure defenders his way to create space for lobs and assists. He can also shoot the ball from anywhere. He needs to look for his shot more often.

All that said the full time PG for the Kings should be De' Aaron Fox

if Bogdan were to put up same stats as he did in his first year while playing as the primary ball handler with minutes comparable to those of primary ball handlers on other playoff teams, then yes, it would be very unlikely he would lead the team to the playoffs. I just happen to think that given that situation (ball and minutes) his stats would increase. That said, I dont think he should be the primary ball handler. Bogdan is a SG.

As an aside, he is playing for Serbia vs Greece today along with Bjelica. Given that Teodosic is not playing, he and Bjelica should find themselves with the ball in the creator's role a lot.

It's not a difficult concept, play your best players and let them grow together.
Define best. Players have different abilities in different skill areas. It is not simple at all.
Koufus is the best rebounder on the team and one of the defensive players, but most people would not start him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Define best. Players have different abilities in different skill areas. It is not simple at all.
Koufus is the best rebounder on the team and one of the defensive players, but most people would not start him.
You are looking into it too much, it really is that simple. Bogs and Buddy are two of the Kings' best players, not saying much but that's the case right now. Just because Koufos is the best rebounder & defender doesn't mean he gives the Kings the best chances of winning due to his lack of offensive ability and being able to defend quicker players and stretch fours.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If there isn't another player in the league that can lead his team to the playoffs with similar stats to Bogdan, then the odds of Bogdan being able to do it are going to be pretty low. If I say that there isn't a single SF in the league like Bagley and that playing him at that position wouldn't lead to winning basketball games, would I be pigeonholing him as well? To me, there are some things that are just very obvious and both examples are just that in my opinion.
I follow your reasoning but...doesn't the equation also have to include the players around him? My thought is that as we improve our roster guys like Bogdan, Fox and Giles (just to name 3) are going to get even better. I almost hate to bring him up, but I still wonder what DMC could have done if he hadn't been surrounded by chew toys and pet rocks.

We are in agreement. Best is hard to define.
Play Bogdan and Buddy together and Fox is on the bench.
UNLESS Bogi can match up with the other team's SF. When he can't (or when he's a liability), you split the PG/SG minutes between Fox, Buddy and Bogi. Or you find a way to mismatch them to your advantage. Unfortunately I'm not sure that creating mismatches is one of Joerger's strengths.