Following 2019 draftees!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I honestly don't know what to say about Williamson right now. Maybe half way through the college season I'll have a better idea. But what I can say is that he's one of the most unique players I've seen in a while. I watched one of the highschool allstar dunk contests where he went up against just about every top highschool player in the country. They were impressive until Williamson, who went last, made them look like little boys. How all that athleticism, weight and height, around 6'6" will translate into a career is still unknown.

I will say this, he has an intensity and confidence about him, and his game that I wouldn't bet against. It should be a fun year!

Much attention will be given to Duke's trio of SF's, Stanford has a very nice and underrated trio of Sophomores to keep an eye on for this thread; (RS) Kodye Pugh, Oscar Da Silva, and Kezie Okpala.

For my $$$ KZ Okpala is the best of the 3.

They have 2 nice 6'5" freshman guards on the way to keep an eye on,; Bryce Wills and Cormac Ryan.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Much attention will be given to Duke's trio of SF's, Stanford has a very nice and underrated trio of Sophomores to keep an eye on for this thread; (RS) Kodye Pugh, Oscar Da Silva, and Kezie Okpala.

For my $$$ KZ Okpala is the best of the 3.

They have 2 nice 6'5" freshman guards on the way to keep an eye on,; Bryce Wills and Cormac Ryan.
Da Silva is on my to watch list. He had a very nice freshman year to build on. Obviously with the Kings needing a SF, most of my attention is leaning in that direction and Da Silva is an interesting prospect. I think Wills was a very nice pickup for Stanford. I see him as a combo guard that can play some PG as well as SG. Very good athlete with good but not great handles at this point. Which means his handles are fine for the SG position, but would need to be upgraded a bit for the PG position. But hey, I'm nit picking a freshman.

I keep wanting to rename him Bruce Willis:p

Da Silva is on my to watch list. He had a very nice freshman year to build on. Obviously with the Kings needing a SF, most of my attention is leaning in that direction and Da Silva is an interesting prospect. I think Wills was a very nice pickup for Stanford. I see him as a combo guard that can play some PG as well as SG. Very good athlete with good but not great handles at this point. Which means his handles are fine for the SG position, but would need to be upgraded a bit for the PG position. But hey, I'm nit picking a freshman.

I keep wanting to rename him Bruce Willis:p
Definitely will keep an eye on Stanford, it's tough to sort these 6'8" tweener types at this point, i feel like somehow in every draft there's a decent glut of them on the fringe of the 1st rd/early second..

Speaking of, have you seen ASU's touted incoming freshman Taeshon Cherry (or the Canadian power guard Leugentz Dort)?

Been sifting thru some of these international names being linked to the draft;

One I've seen a few summers back in the Jordan Brand Classic international game - and I remember he caught my eye then, was Paul Eboua, 6'7" SF, who's pretty athletic and has a 7'2" or more wingspan. From Cameroon. Possible nightmare defender.

There is also 6'9" Senegalese bigman Biram Faye, who's got a monstrous build for his age, or perhaps should i say supposed age... If he's really born in 2000 he's a prospect to watch for sure. Huge hands, long arms and he lifts off his feet quickly and shows some shooting touch..

It's gonna take some luck but if somehow the Kings end up with Marvin Bagley's old AAU teammate Darius Garland it'll be a huge success.

It's more likely he ends up in the lottery though. I just wanted to post this mix. Huge fan.

6'2" pure PG. His 3pt shot is PURE.

Bryan Penn Johnson is rated outside of the top-100 HS recruits by ESPN right now and im sure by a few other services, though they have him at 4-stars. He has at least a 7'7" wingspan, 9'7" standing reach and gigantic hands all elite measurments for starting NBA C's.

Lemme just say right now he's easily got 1st rd potential. We'll see how he transitions to Washington, they are gonna have an interesting bunch of talent, Jaylen Nowell and Sr. Matisse Thybulle also being relevant here.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's gonna take some luck but if somehow the Kings end up with Marvin Bagley's old AAU teammate Darius Garland it'll be a huge success.

It's more likely he ends up in the lottery though. I just wanted to post this mix. Huge fan.

6'2" pure PG. His 3pt shot is PURE.
I have Garland on a list of about 25 players that I think could be lottery picks, and because there's a shortage of high quality PG's, his odd's of being in the lottery are very high. Another player that Vandy landed that, in my humble opinion will have a big impact on their program is Simi craptu. great 6'9"athlete with long arms that's very talented and a player that can impact both ends of the floor. All that remains to be seen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him as a possible lottery pick by years end.

The SEC should be brutal again this year with Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, LSU, and a couple of others like Miss St. all being extremely competitive.

I have Garland on a list of about 25 players that I think could be lottery picks, and because there's a shortage of high quality PG's, his odd's of being in the lottery are very high. Another player that Vandy landed that, in my humble opinion will have a big impact on their program is Simi craptu. great 6'9"athlete with long arms that's very talented and a player that can impact both ends of the floor. All that remains to be seen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him as a possible lottery pick by years end.

The SEC should be brutal again this year with Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, LSU, and a couple of others like Miss St. all being extremely competitive.

I think a lot of the projections you see right now about craptu's stock are ridiculously low, withouth the ACL injury he'd have way more hype.
He's got top-10 talent imo. Really fast even for NBA standards. Reminds me a bit of Thaddeus Young and Al Farouq Aminu, I like his chances at sticking in the league.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think a lot of the projections you see right now about craptu's stock are ridiculously low, withouth the ACL injury he'd have way more hype.
He's got top-10 talent imo. Really fast even for NBA standards. Reminds me a bit of Thaddeus Young and Al Farouq Aminu, I like his chances at sticking in the league.
I'm a skills guy more than an athletic guy, but not opposed to a player having both. Just saying that a high skill level will get your further in the NBA than simply being athletic. In Simi's case, I'm impressed with his skill level. He has very good handles and passing ability for a big man, almost to the point where I could see him playing point forward. My question to you would be, is do you see any possibility of him developing into a SF as opposed to being a PF.

He's mostly a face up player, with little back to the basket game, but his face up weakness is his outside jumper, which definitely needs some work. Of course most players, especially big's, his age need to improve their outside shot.

I'm a skills guy more than an athletic guy, but not opposed to a player having both. Just saying that a high skill level will get your further in the NBA than simply being athletic. In Simi's case, I'm impressed with his skill level. He has very good handles and passing ability for a big man, almost to the point where I could see him playing point forward. My question to you would be, is do you see any possibility of him developing into a SF as opposed to being a PF.

He's mostly a face up player, with little back to the basket game, but his face up weakness is his outside jumper, which definitely needs some work. Of course most players, especially big's, his age need to improve their outside shot.
It could happen, he is an imposing presence in a defensive stance on the perimeter, I think he's got a chance to be a tough man-to-man defender.

With Vandy's structure though I could see him playing a lot of C. I don't think he's the second coming of Kevon Looney though, he's a forward.

How tall is he though? I'd say at least 6'9.. I've heard rumors he's taller than that.

I also jus think with Craptu (LOL)that he's improved nicely in the past few years and it bodes well for him moving forward.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Mega Bemax beat Michigan today. Goga Bitzade with 16 and 10, im still looking for the full boxscore.
Not that it really means much, its just one game, but Kentucky handled Mega easily. Not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but it could mean that Kentucky is already clicking on all cylinders.

Not that it really means much, its just one game, but Kentucky handled Mega easily. Not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but it could mean that Kentucky is already clicking on all cylinders.
UK just overwhelmed them on the perimeter, and Nick Richards was able to really cause issues with his mobility.. Mega's got probably 2 legit NBA prospects and both of them played poorly vs UK ( I think one of em went like 0-10).

Coach Cal's excellent at getting these young teams to click tho. Could be part of it. I think they have a real good group of young guys that will be called "high character" too. This team is gonna have some mental fortitude to it.

While we're on topic I think Immanuel Quickley is gonna win the starting PG spot, he's 6'3" with a 6'8" wingspan, deadly with a screen and looks like he's got some defensive potential and some legit PG instincts, plus it looks like he can shoot.. In this crop of shorter PG's this year he's primed for a big rise with a good season and can break the top-20.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
UK just overwhelmed them on the perimeter, and Nick Richards was able to really cause issues with his mobility.. Mega's got probably 2 legit NBA prospects and both of them played poorly vs UK ( I think one of em went like 0-10).

Coach Cal's excellent at getting these young teams to click tho. Could be part of it. I think they have a real good group of young guys that will be called "high character" too. This team is gonna have some mental fortitude to it.

While we're on topic I think Immanuel Quickley is gonna win the starting PG spot, he's 6'3" with a 6'8" wingspan, deadly with a screen and looks like he's got some defensive potential and some legit PG instincts, plus it looks like he can shoot.. In this crop of shorter PG's this year he's primed for a big rise with a good season and can break the top-20.

I agree completely on Quickley. Still a season to play, but so far I like what I see from him. And as you say, he has the preferred size in today's NBA.

Darius Bazley has decided not to play in the G League this season and will instead train and prepare himself for the 2019 NBA Draft.

Bazley decommitted from Syracuse in March.

“Talking about it over with my group, we felt confidently that the G League wasn’t going to be needed and now I can use this time to work on my craft,” Bazley told The Athletic. “It’s mainly me talking to [agent] Rich [Paul], he knows so much, and whenever he speaks my ears perk up. When Miles [Bridges] was in Cleveland for his predraft workouts, whenever he got a chance to work out in front of NBA teams, I was working out in the gym, too. So that played a part in it, me playing well in those workouts for us to say there’s no upside in the G League. If you play well, it’s expected. If you don’t play well, you’re not NBA-ready. That’s what they’ll say. For me, working out and preparing is the best route.

“The G League is the only league where winning might not be everything. Development is the most important aspect, but guys are playing for the team and at the same time trying to play for themselves. That’s not the type of guy I am. For me in those settings to just get mine, I’ve never been brought up that way. I feel basketball is a team sport and everybody is supposed to eat. In the G League, that’s not the way it is. Everyone is trying to get an opportunity to go to the NBA.

“I take pride in my decision. There are no regrets at all. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they want to do. Whether it’s going to college, whether it’s skipping college to go to the NBA, whether it’s quitting basketball altogether — people will make their choices. This decision is what I wanted to do, and I embrace that. It’s my life, my decision, my path and my journey.”

Bazley would have had to sign a G League contract and enter the draft in October because he has not been part of the NBA draft. He was expected to be the No. 1 pick in the G League draft.
Another twist in the Darius Bazley saga. Sucks for the Jazz G-League affiliate, no doubt he'd have been the #1 pick in the G-League Draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Another twist in the Darius Bazley saga. Sucks for the Jazz G-League affiliate, no doubt he'd have been the #1 pick in the G-League Draft.
Hmmm, surprised by this. Just my personal opinion, but I think he's missing out on valuable experience. I smell an agent somewhere. I get he risks injury, or even the chance of lowering his standing, but hey, you either have confidence in yourself or you don't. Anyway, not a good look to me, but I do understand it to some extent.

I consider Bazley a late bloomer who needs all the experience he can get, to get up to speed with the rest of his class. He has a lot of potential, but right now, it's more potential than it is substance. Oh well, no one ever consults me....:p

Last edited:
Hmmm, surprised by this. Just my personal opinion, but I think he's missing out on valuable experience. I smell an agent somewhere. I get he risks injury, or even the chance of lowering his standing, but hey, you either have confidence in yourself or you don't. Anyway, not a good look to me, but I do understand it to some extent.

I consider Bazley a late bloomer who needs all the experience he can get, to get up to speed with the rest of his class. He has a lot of potential, but right now, it's more potential than it is substance. Oh well, no one ever consults me....:p
I read somewhere that Giovny commented that Bazley wasn't ready for the GLeague... hmm who knows? Hopefully he doesn't end up with an idiot agent like Mitchell Robinson did.... but that's Robinson's own fault. His contract is also a steal for NY.

I remain a firm believer in Bazley, definitely the best player from Ohio since Luke Kennard, and given the Kings lack of a 1st rd pick would be thrilled if somehow they landed him.

Just how tall is he and what position does he play? If the answer to those 2 questions are 6'10 and SF(primarily)/PF I'd expect him to land in the 1st rd quite easily..

One of the more interesting, perhaps under the radar, x-fer's to watch this season is 21 y/o 6'10" former Syracuse bigman Taurean Thompson debuting for Seton Hall.

I remember watching him freshman year and thinking he was really showing some nice flashes, and appeared to be an NBA talent. He's got a nice skill level. Soft shooting touch for a big...

Interesting small-school guy to keep an eye on is 6'10" Freshman Bigman AJ Edu at Toledo. He's an import and not on the recruiting lists... Seems to have some nice potential..

ESPN/DX has a new mock out today. Check it.

1. PHI (via SAC) R.J. BarrettDukeSG/SFFr.6-718.2
2. ATL Nassir LittleNorth CarolinaSFFr.6-618.5
3. PHX Zion WilliamsonDukePFFr.6-618.1
4. CHI Sekou DoumbouyaLimogesSF/PFIntl.6-917.6
5. NYK Cameron ReddishDukeSFFr.6-918.9
6. CLE Romeo LangfordIndianaSG/SFFr.6-718.8
7. ATL (via DAL) Quentin GrimesKansasSGFr.6-618.3
8. MEM Keldon JohnsonKentuckySG/SFFr.6-718.8
9. ORL Darius GarlandVanderbiltPGFr.6-318.5
10. LAC Bol BolOregonCFr.7-218.7
11. BKN Daniel GaffordArkansasCSo.6-1019.9
12. CHA De'Andre HunterVirginiaPFSo.6-820.7
13. SAS Jontay PorterMissouriCSo.6-1118.7
14. DET Rui HachimuraGonzagaPFJr.6-920.5
15. LAL Luka SamanicOlimpja LjubljanaPFIntl.6-1118.6
16. POR Jalen SmithMarylandPFFr.6-1018.4
17. WAS Herb JonesAlabamaSFSo.6-819.8
18. NOP Charles BasseyWestern KentuckyCFr6-1117.8
19. MIA Ja MorantMurray StPGSo.6-319.0
20. MIL Eric PaschallVillanovaPFSr.6-821.8
21. IND P.J. WashingtonKentuckyPFSo.6-820.0
22. OKC Jarrett CulverTexas TechSGSo.6-519.5
23. BOS (via PHI) Nickeil Alexander-WalkerVirginia TechPG/SGSo.6-619.9
24. MIN Jalen McDanielsSan Diego StPFSo.6-920.5
25. BKN (via DEN) Jaylen HoardWake ForestSF/PFFr.6-919.4
26. HOU Darius BazleyN/APFFr.6-1018.2
27. BOS Shamorie PondsSt. John'sPGJr.6-120.1
28. UTA Kris WilkesUCLASF/PFSo.6-819.9
29. SAS (via TOR)Tyus BattleSyracuseSFJr.6-620.9
30. GSW Ty JeromeVirginiaSGJr.6-521.1

I can't figure why Charles Bassey is all the way down there at 18 though...

Like how they're projecting the Kings as the worst team in the league. Kings were what, the 7th worst team last year? Didn't lose any key players but yeah, lots of youth this year too.

Like how they're projecting the Kings as the worst team in the league. Kings were what, the 7th worst team last year? Didn't lose any key players but yeah, lots of youth this year too.
Yeah... It's not just them though. I believe most sports books have the Kings Win Total at about 25.5 or 26, which is second worst only to the Hawks at 23.5

bajaden

Hall of Famer

2. ATL Nassir LittleNorth CarolinaSFFr.6-618.5
3. PHX Zion WilliamsonDukePFFr.6-618.1
4. CHI Sekou DoumbouyaLimogesSF/PFIntl.6-917.6
5. NYK Cameron ReddishDukeSFFr.6-918.9
6. CLE Romeo LangfordIndianaSG/SFFr.6-718.8
7. ATL (via DAL) Quentin GrimesKansasSGFr.6-618.3
8. MEM Keldon JohnsonKentuckySG/SFFr.6-718.8
9. ORL Darius GarlandVanderbiltPGFr.6-318.5
10. LAC Bol BolOregonCFr.7-218.7
11. BKN Daniel GaffordArkansasCSo.6-1019.9
12. CHA De'Andre HunterVirginiaPFSo.6-820.7
13. SAS Jontay PorterMissouriCSo.6-1118.7
14. DET Rui HachimuraGonzagaPFJr.6-920.5
15. LAL Luka SamanicOlimpja LjubljanaPFIntl.6-1118.6
16. POR Jalen SmithMarylandPFFr.6-1018.4
17. WAS Herb JonesAlabamaSFSo.6-819.8
18. NOP Charles BasseyWestern KentuckyCFr6-1117.8
19. MIA Ja MorantMurray StPGSo.6-319.0
20. MIL Eric PaschallVillanovaPFSr.6-821.8
21. IND P.J. WashingtonKentuckyPFSo.6-820.0
22. OKC Jarrett CulverTexas TechSGSo.6-519.5
23. BOS (via PHI) Nickeil Alexander-WalkerVirginia TechPG/SGSo.6-619.9
24. MIN Jalen McDanielsSan Diego StPFSo.6-920.5
25. BKN (via DEN) Jaylen HoardWake ForestSF/PFFr.6-919.4
26. HOU Darius BazleyN/APFFr.6-1018.2
27. BOS Shamorie PondsSt. John'sPGJr.6-120.1
28. UTA Kris WilkesUCLASF/PFSo.6-819.9
29. SAS (via TOR)Tyus BattleSyracuseSFJr.6-620.9
30. GSW Ty JeromeVirginiaSGJr.6-521.1

I can't figure why Charles Bassey is all the way down there at 18 though...
I think its as much about the field as it is Bassey. I think as the field shakes out, some will rise and some will fall. Bassey will probably rise. Right now you have Keldon Johnson at 8 and De'Andre Hunter at 12. Do you really think that right now, this minute, that Johnson is a better player than Hunter? Maybe he is, maybe he's not, but right now, it's all projection. Three months from now, everyone will have a better idea whose real, and whose not. I think Bassey might be the mystery man this year. There's one every year.

I think its as much about the field as it is Bassey. I think as the field shakes out, some will rise and some will fall. Bassey will probably rise. Right now you have Keldon Johnson at 8 and De'Andre Hunter at 12. Do you really think that right now, this minute, that Johnson is a better player than Hunter? Maybe he is, maybe he's not, but right now, it's all projection. Three months from now, everyone will have a better idea whose real, and whose not. I think Bassey might be the mystery man this year. There's one every year.
At this early stage, I'd use the word suspect over think. Much more confident in a statement like 'Keldon and Hunter will need to have bad years to fall out of the top-20'. I'd say the same about Bassey but not the top-20, i'd say the lotto...

We've got positional differences and a 2 year age gap. I'm buying the Keldon Johnson hype bigtime tho, I suspect he can hold his own way better than most 5-star 18 y/o freshman. absolutely love his demeanor, I'd be shocked if he doesn't pass inspection from NBA teams with flying colors....

Keldon's an Oak Hill product, their legendary coach Steve Smith swears by him, says he's the same caliber as the best guys he's had, which is a high magnitude statement. Over the years I know Coach Smith has been complementary about Skal Labissiere(Said he was the best player they went up against, better than Harry Giles and Ben Simmons), he said about Skal, he moves like a 6'2" guard not a 6'11" big... and then obviously he was complementary of Harry Giles who was at Oak Hill.