The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

I was a Cousins fan when he was here. When he left I realized that this team needed to get rid of him or we would never make it past the first round of the playoffs. In retrospect the Kings won the trade with the Pelicans, We got Buddy, Giles, JJ and we would have lost our first round pick if he had stayed. so you can add Fox to that haul. Sacramento would have looked like the laughingstock of the league (KANGZ) if Cousins signed with the Warriors. Like he just did

I am not going to blame him for signing with the Warriors. But if you blasted Durant for doing it you better be blasting Boogie for doing it also. Also rumor was that James did not want Boogie on the Lakers. I am glad for whatever reason he didn't go there.

Last thought, I am a Kings fan. It would be easier to be a Warriors fan wouldn't it. That's what Boogie is doing. To each his own
Welcome back Brick

I would've much rather seen him on the Lakers. There is nothing left of the Lakers rivalry besides colors.

All those annoying Lakers fans of 2002 are now warriors bandwagon fans raising young bandwagon warriors fans.
This is mostly true; it was really Bryant whom I despised. The Lakers became just another WC team after he retired. I find the 53 win prediction from espn a stretch , maybe 43. No way to know how the team will play with such an overhauled roster.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is mostly true; it was really Bryant whom I despised. The Lakers became just another WC team after he retired. I find the 53 win prediction from espn a stretch , maybe 43. No way to know how the team will play with such an overhauled roster.
We have a thread about the Lakers. This is about the effing Warriors.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
You misunderstand me. I don't really care what Brick thinks, but he defended Cuz at a level of mama bear defending her cub (sometimes very irrationally) and now that Cuz has stooped to the level of ultimate pettiness and weakest way to get a ring possible, I am sure it's eating at him.

...At least I'd like to hope so. He picked Cousins over the Kings and now Cuz looks weaker than ever. Grass ain't always greener.
But people keep bringing him up. I could care less that he abandoned the team, you really have to have a screw loose to keep following this team. But he was family. He was the family bully but I had respect for that because sometimes the family needs one of those. And then he just left and abandoned the family. So now I spend about as much time worrying about him as I do what my ex-wife is up to this afternoon, which is to say I think about him never. y'all should do the same :)

But people keep bringing him up. I could care less that he abandoned the team, you really have to have a screw loose to keep following this team. But he was family. He was the family bully but I had respect for that because sometimes the family needs one of those. And then he just left and abandoned the family. So now I spend about as much time worrying about him as I do what my ex-wife is up to this afternoon, which is to say I think about him never. y'all should do the same :)
I remember Brick pretty well and the part I remember most was his straight obsession with Tyreke first and then Boogie. I mean you couldn't speak badly about Cousins with the guy around.

Cousins spent the majority of his career talking smack about KD and players who did what he literally just did. Brick supported that and said the same thing. So what if I wonder what the guy is thinking now that his favorite basketball player turned out to be a weak stomached chump?

according to colin cowherd, anthony davis just bought a house in LA.

This is just gonna accelerate the talent suck from teams like sacramento, NO, etc. Why would AD want to stay with NO?

Lol Cousins still not good enough to carry a team or make the playoffs. It took Steph Curry and Kevin Durant to haul him there. Competitive fire, wanting to do it himself my ***. Hope they get knocked out the first round with Cousins not even playing a game and that he gets paid peanuts next year.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Lol Cousins still not good enough to carry a team or make the playoffs. It took Steph Curry and Kevin Durant to haul him there. Competitive fire, wanting to do it himself my ***. Hope they get knocked out the first round with Cousins not even playing a game and that he gets paid peanuts next year.
Professional athlete's priorities change after sustaining a career-threatening injury. More at eleven.

Love it.

Rest of league disrespected him by not offering the contract he deserves or anything close to it. His own team signed Randle to clog up the front court. The Lakers chose to spend on a bunch of chumps despite that being Boogie's first choice.

So now he ensures no one else wins the title.

Get your ring, get healthy, then get the max.

We have no idea if any of that is even true. You believe no team was willing to sign him for more than 5 mil? How do we know that he didn't tell the Pelicans he planned to sign elsewhere? If I had to guess he wanted to go to the Lakers but they didn't have a max slot open and they assumed he wouldn't play for the mid level exception (why would he?) Magic Johnson wanted Javale McGee over Boogie?

Maybe more details will emerge, but I assume he didn't get a max offer due to injury concerns and so he took a cheap ticket to the the playoffs while he awaits a big pay day next year. Maybe not a bad move, but he is too good of a player with too much to prove to take the easy way out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We have no idea if any of that is even true. You believe no team was willing to sign him for more than 5 mil? How do we know that he didn't tell the Pelicans he planned to sign elsewhere?
I'm curious as to the chronological sequence of events, myself: did New Orleans sign Randle because they knew Cousins was leaving, or did Cousins leave because they signed Randle?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The biggest reason Boogie signed with GS is because the clown named Vivek traded him.

Consider that.

We, are most at fault.
If he hadn't sustained that injury, he would most likely have been priced out of GSW's reach. Blame the injury.

If or when he gets his legs under him it’s going to be a guessing game of who of the 4 will score 30 tonight.

Curry or Thompson with boogie on the pick and roll will be very interesting. I really don’t think we have any idea how devastating that would be. Just WOW!