The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sure, whatever. He told us?

DMC just took the biggest cop-out for a "star" for a title in NBA history. Maybe sports history

What an absolute joke
What the hell was Boogie supposed to do? Sign with the Hawks? The Pels have too many cap issues to bring him back and it's not like he was going to come back here. The Warriors give him the chance to rehab nice and slow and then the added bonus of being close to his friends in Sacramento and a presumptive ring. Then next season, once he's gotten his leg back in order, he can go back out and get his big contract as a champion*.

Can't help but think of Brick, defending Cuz and his "loyalty" when he's anything but.

Such a weak move that I will never watch him play again. Hypocrite.
I don't understand this point of view. Boogie was running out of places to go. Was he supposed to find a bad team to sign with so he didn't look bad? That doesn't even make sense. And who is he not being loyal to?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yesterday when I said I'm going to feel less bad hating LeBron, today I'm saying I'm going to feel less bad rooting for the Warriors against him.

This league is European football levels of broke though.

It's better than the Lakers, but still terrible for the league.

Two thoughts:

- I was watching a stream of the Summer League and when the announcers shared the news, the guy streaming interrupted the stream to ***** out the league and then cut the stream dead.

- I was actually just talking about how the NBA was flirting with their own economic bubble. The league's value is inflated over its real value and that's due to the top heavy imbalance killing the inherit attraction of all team sports: competitiveness and tribalism. The Cousins deal might burst that bubble. The only way it doesn't burst the bubble is if Cousins can't come back. If he does come back and is good then bubble will burst.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yesterday when I said I'm going to feel less bad hating LeBron, today I'm saying I'm going to feel less bad rooting for the Warriors against him.

This league is European football levels of broke though.
Indeed. All allusions to parity probably went out the window the second the GSWs signed KD but this offseason has shifted the paradigm even more.

I don't understand this point of view. Boogie was running out of places to go. Was he supposed to find a bad team to sign with so he didn't look bad? That doesn't even make sense. And who is he not being loyal to?
How about Cousins and him bashing superstar teams when he was with us? Loyal to himself to start. Having integrity.

I've seen this sentiment several times the past two days and I swear why does anyone care what he thinks?
You misunderstand me. I don't really care what Brick thinks, but he defended Cuz at a level of mama bear defending her cub (sometimes very irrationally) and now that Cuz has stooped to the level of ultimate pettiness and weakest way to get a ring possible, I am sure it's eating at him.

...At least I'd like to hope so. He picked Cousins over the Kings and now Cuz looks weaker than ever. Grass ain't always greener.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The NBA is the spanish league now. yay.
The super teams and everyone else, who have zero chance. cool.
Right now, it's more like the superteam. Barring more FA craziness (which will probably happen), there is no one who stands a chance against the Warriors at full power.

who the **** in FA was going to give Cousins money? Rumors were flying around that the Pelicans didn't want him anymore. Lakers are the only other destination, and it looks like they weren't willing to pay a big man coming off an Achilles injury big money. Cousins was barely left with many options in FA. No team that had money left wanted to pay him.

If every team's best option in FA is the MLE or whatever exception they have, why not guarantee yourself a ring?

Warriors are guaranteed a ring with or without Cousins. He's not going to be back until Dec-January assuming no setbacks. It is what it is.

I hope he wins a ring.

What the hell was Boogie supposed to do? Sign with the Hawks? The Pels have too many cap issues to bring him back and it's not like he was going to come back here. The Warriors give him the chance to rehab nice and slow and then the added bonus of being close to his friends in Sacramento and a presumptive ring. Then next season, once he's gotten his leg back in order, he can go back out and get his big contract as a champion*.
That's fine and dandy for someone like Javale McGee or Nick Young. Not someone who's been a top 15 player the last 5 years.

You don't go join the greatest team ever assembled for WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY below your market value as a star player. KD was bad enough, but he didn't take a 20 mil/year pay-cut from what he's worth and he backed it up being the best player on the Warriors the last 2 years. Cousins gets to coast to a ring with absolutely 0 pressure for him to do anything.

Just a complete and utter disgrace

No teams spent money on him. Everyone used up their space except the bad teams. I am surprised that Wall didn't push harder for the Wiz to acquire him but maybe that happens next year.

After the Lakers blew all their cap on the suicide squad, they didn't have the money to sign him. Pels decided to go for Randle instead.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's fine and dandy for someone like Javale McGee or Nick Young. Not someone who's been a top 15 player the last 5 years.

You don't go join the greatest team ever assembled for WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY below your market value as a star player. KD was bad enough, but he didn't take a 20 mil/year pay-cut from what he's worth and he backed it up being the best player on the Warriors the last 2 years. Cousins gets to coast to a ring with absolutely 0 pressure for him to do anything.

He blew out his achilles so it's not like his value was all that great to begin with.

Lakers fans already thinking they’re equals and in some arms race with the Warriors. Lol

It can be argued that maybe only 1 or 2 of LeBron finals teams could’ve ever made the finals in the West. Maybe 2 of the Miami teams.

The Lakers aren’t contenders by virtue of LeBron. They’re automatically really good but not contenders. Warriors would’ve killed them with it without Boogie.

I say this with all seriousness, are the 2018-2019 Golden State Warriors the greatest team in the history of the NBA? Two potentially 1st team All-NBA Defenders, the best 3-point shooting backcourt in NBA history, the best offensive big man in basketball that can also step out and shoot the three at a solid rate, and three finals MVPs on the roster plus 3 NBA MVP awards on the team.

Also, if DeMarcus Cousins wins an NBA championship this year, is there any way he is left out of the Hall of Fame?

No one is gonna max a guy who is gonna rehab half the year. Only an idiot would pay him 25-30 Mil to do nothing but rehab.