Who do you want with our #36 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With players like Huerter, DiVicenzo and Elie Okobo apparently on the rise and out of range it's looking more likely theres a chance Anfernee Simons falls to the early 2nd. Good fit around here, low pressure and he'd have time to develop. Thats who I want.

Luka Doncic in
Dzanan Musa in
Elie Okobo in
Isaac Bonga in
Rodions Kurucs in

This is pretty much it in terms of available top European names you need to know in the upcoming #NBADraft. Others are not completely irrelevant but won't make any significant buzz.

Today is the dealine for international withdrawals 6'10 sf arnoldas kulboka is in! If the kings took him 37th i'd defend it. He's put on 15lbs of muscle this yr.
He’s pretty slight but would be okay. Don’t we already have that project in the person of Skal? That’s why I want Bonga. We don’t have anyone with those tools.

He’s pretty slight but would be okay. Don’t we already have that project in the person of Skal? That’s why I want Bonga. We don’t have anyone with those tools.
No Kulboka is a wing thru and thru imo. His ability to shoot off the dribble is what gives him upside.

I like Bonga too tho.

Luka Doncic in
Dzanan Musa in
Elie Okobo in
Isaac Bonga in
Rodions Kurucs in

This is pretty much it in terms of available top European names you need to know in the upcoming #NBADraft. Others are not completely irrelevant but won't make any significant buzz.
Adam Mokoka out :(

His shot keeps improving he'll be selected much higher next yr

Issuf Sanon in right?
Do you know about Sedekerskis? He withdraw ?

dude12

Hall of Famer
Saw a tweet for Givony that said 42% of the players last year were either 2 nd round picks or undrafted.

Thought that was interesting.

I've been high on him as well - only reason he falls is some weird buyout issue (which you never know). Would love him as a draft and stash.

I really like Sagaba Konate from WVU. A little undersized but just a great instinctual shot blocker. Love how he uses the (supposed) rule of verticality by keeping his arms and body upright when guys come at him.

Still not sure exactly what to make of the pick. Seems like Bagley's the guy at #2, so the Kings have a few options, the biggest need being an athletic SF who can defend.

Melvin Frazier would be that guy..... I'm cool with that pick, he reminds me of Josh Howard who was a tremendous value pick by those Mavs teams. Excellent defender, just skinny, he's great at getting deflections and man-to-man defense

I like the idea of going non-diminutive backup PG still though. In the event gunners like Elie Okobo or even Landry Shamet could work.

Damn both Mitchell Robinson and Anfernee Simons projected to fall past this pick inthe most recent ESPN update.........

The idea of drafting Bagley and Mitchell Robinson together is hilarious to me because Robinson is a SERIOUS shotblocker with a long wingspan and excellent athleticism. Also if you believe the reports the Kings are unhappy with WCS's progress, Robinson could be a very nice project to develop with hopes he hits his stride quickly.

I believe Mitchell Robinson is in Hassan Whiteside territory of athletic profile.

With the extremely flexible contract situation of the Kings bigs, with KK and ZBO expiring and WCS restricted, they can easily have Mitchell along in these scenarios and if you project a few years it all works IMO... He has the athletic profile of a lottery pick tbh, he's quite agile and explosive and his timing on blocks is quite good, has a great knack for blocking jumpshots on the perimeter...

I also REALLY like the idea of Simons, he could fit next to Fox or as a backup PG eventually. Nice offensive weapon. Athletic and slick.
These are my ones im really hoping for. There's so many good choices tho. I like this 2nd rd.

Draft Carter please

Jevon Carter
You do not want to be guarded by Jevon Carter. Bob Huggins called him “the best defensive player I have ever coached.” Whoa. Carter reminds me of the kind of guy who is playing in the park where the winner stays on the court, and you could leave for six hours and come back and his team would still be playing. He was conference defensive player of the year twice, and national defensive player of the year last year. He affects every game that he plays in. Bona fide bulldog. Every roster in the NBA could use a guy like him.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/19/17479658/nba-draft-vernon-will-not-fail

Imagine Carter pushing the young guards everyday in practice. Frank will learn to finish at the rim or lose his backup pg job.
I'd prefer a high potential overseas player to stash in the 2nd round, but a tough team first guy is never a bad move.

The board is falling nicely for the kings here their gonna have SF choices and PG choices, i think these are the likely positions..

Mitchell robinson could be on the board too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.