There is no topic

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It would be amazing if they finally caught him after all these years. He was roaming Sacramento when I was a kid. I remember the manager of our apartment complex going to all the apartments with women telling them to lock their doors because it was thought that the east area rapist might be in the area.
It looks like it's him. They've got DNA evidence tying him to a number of the assaults. I had a friend who moved back home to live with her parents because of him. Her dad absolutely refused to let her live alone in the Orangevale area.

It looks like it's him. They've got DNA evidence tying him to a number of the assaults. I had a friend who moved back home to live with her parents because of him. Her dad absolutely refused to let her live alone in the Orangevale area.
I have a childhood friend that I found on Facebook a few years ago who apparently is this guy's neighbor. He said that his daughter used to play with this guy's granddaughter. Just makes shivers run down your spine.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I offer a haiku as tribute to the queen, on the occasion of her forty-third birthday:

Geoff Arend is how
I learned the difference between
jealous* and envy.

*... Yeah, I know. I couldn't make 'jealousy' work, though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, because my mom is superstitious, and believes in curses and ****, she's spent the better part of a quarter century terrifying me and my sister. Her great-grandmother was only sixty-one when she died, her grandmother died at sixty-two, and her mother died at sixty-three, so she's legitimately spent the last twenty-five years utterly convinced that she was going to die at sixty-four.

Well, today, we celebrated my mom's sixty-fifth birthday. So, suck on that, curse!
Sixty-six, and counting!

Sixty-six, and counting!
Congrats to your mom!! My grandfather died of a heart attack at 54, and my great-grandfather died of a heart attack at 56. High cholesterol is a problem on that side of the family, so I made my dad promise to watch his cholesterol, because I wanted him around for all of the milestones in my life. He just turned 60 in November, and I’m feeling pretty wistful about it because we accomplished a sizable crawl of Sacramento breweries today, and talked about how hard it can be to overcome the past.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Anyway... speaking of hypothetical fortunes, the topic doesn't become interesting for me until we get into the $50M+ range. For me, it has to be enough money that I could afford to lose money. Which is to say, it would need to be enough money that I could build and fund a passion project, something that would probably lose money annually, but that I would fund anyway, because it served a public good. Like a community center, where I could book entertainment for people who wouldn't otherwise have access to it, or a free clinic that serviced people who've been priced out of affordable health care.