Possible Free agents

Would love Kawhi. It would take our 1st pick + a few young guys to get him though.

If that doesn't happen, I'm happy to draft a C that plays D and sign Hood.

Offseason done.

Would love Kawhi. It would take our 1st pick + a few young guys to get him though.

If that doesn't happen, I'm happy to draft a C that plays D and sign Hood.

Offseason done.
Iv'e asked this question before, is Hood a SG or SF and the majority response is he's not a SF. So I'm not interested in Hood.
Kawhi was someone I liked a lot coming out of San Diego, I appreciated his story overcoming adversity making him tough and determined.
I wonder just how much of an issue he has in San Antonio, because that appears the model franchise. But hey if its time to move on, I would offer SA the pick, WCS and JJ and see if they bite.

Kyle Anderson is an under the radar SF. He has some upside still and can operate in the point forward too.

Solid, but not spectacular. Coach Popovich likes and trust him in San Antonio.
The IQ and decision making between Anderson and Bogie would be unreal to compliment Fox's speed in the half court. I would be all for Anderson for the right price the guy would help us a lot and our big's if we can find some decent ones would be forever grateful.

Not a free agent but I’d love to get Kevin Love in here after Lebron bandwagons his way out of Cleveland.

Love as a 2nd option right now and is regelated to a spot up shooter. He’s still getting 17-9-1 TS% .61 shooting 38% from 3 with a PER of 22. He’d fit in great with his passing, scoring, and rebounding here whether we get Mikal Bridges or Bamba he’d still fit and give us scoring punch.

I’d offer Cleveland WCS/Skal/ZBo/ and 2 2nd round picks for Love and Tristan Thompson.

Fox-Mason
Bogdan-Hield
Bridges-JJ
Love-Hayes
Giles-TT

I believe that Vlade has been targeting the 2019 offseason for free agency. The Kings will be one of the teams with the most money that year. No need to make a bad signing this offseason.
For this to be true value would have to be planning on resigning only one or two of the rookies from last year I'm getting guys to sign for very little money. I think the 2019 offseason will be very similar to this one one or two spots enough money for a high-paid free agent, and that is if we get guys to sign extensions. I'm old enough to remember when the dreaded off-season was where most kingsfans just prayed we come out of free agency with most of our free agents back on the roster.

Money wise the team is in pretty good shape for the next two years. Using the Capulator (which is amazing for this type of thing) if Kings stay at pick #7 and sign the pick to a rookie scale, and Temple, Koufos, and Shump all opt in, we should have just over 21 million in cap this summer with 13 guys already on the roster.

Say the Kings spend the entire 21 million on a free agent this year. With no first rounder to pay next year, they will be sitting at about 46 million in cap space with 9 players on the roster. All the young guys except Willie plus this years free agent. So even if WCS get resigned in the 15 mil range the team would have enough space still for a close to max contract.

Obviously I wouldn't want the team to sign someone to a stupid contract this summer but there's plenty of money there to spend all the available space and still do it again next summer.

Money wise the team is in pretty good shape for the next two years. Using the Capulator (which is amazing for this type of thing) if Kings stay at pick #7 and sign the pick to a rookie scale, and Temple, Koufos, and Shump all opt in, we should have just over 21 million in cap this summer with 13 guys already on the roster.

Say the Kings spend the entire 21 million on a free agent this year. With no first rounder to pay next year, they will be sitting at about 46 million in cap space with 9 players on the roster. All the young guys except Willie plus this years free agent. So even if WCS get resigned in the 15 mil range the team would have enough space still for a close to max contract.

Obviously I wouldn't want the team to sign someone to a stupid contract this summer but there's plenty of money there to spend all the available space and still do it again next summer.
I just checke the capulator ... pretty slick... I pretty much stand corrected on the cost of bringing back the young guys.. Good to know that Vlade and company positioned themselves well for next year!

A possible FA that I haven't seen anyone bring up...Clint Capela? He's everything WCS was supposed to be. Capela would be a great fit next to Fox at the 5. However, it would mean that we'd need to find a stretch 4.

A possible FA that I haven't seen anyone bring up...Clint Capela? He's everything WCS was supposed to be. Capela would be a great fit next to Fox at the 5. However, it would mean that we'd need to find a stretch 4.
hmm... maybe we work something out with Houston so if they don't match our offer to Capela (he's restricted), we'll take on Ryan Anderson's contract so they can sign... LeBron. We'll even send them WCS back. OK?

I think Vlade is going to make an offer to Hezonja. Something in 7/8M seems reasonable to me given market conditions. Originally I was against it when rumors first started floating around but he has upped his level of play this season and the Magic actually capped themselves out on him by declining his option.

I think Vlade is going to make an offer to Hezonja. Something in 7/8M seems reasonable to me given market conditions. Originally I was against it when rumors first started floating around but he has upped his level of play this season and the Magic actually capped themselves out on him by declining his option.
That seems like too much for me.

Ideally Vlade gets a team option too on a second year.

I think Mario is sorta like Ben as far as value and Memphis signed him for two years at about 5.3 million per.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here's something to think about in terms of the leagues available cap room based on current cap.

2 years ago there was a cumulative available cap space of approx $1billion
Last year there was a cumulative available cap space of approx $500 million
This year there will be approximately $250 mill available

There is definitely going to be a tightening of the belts out of necessity for the franchises. I think you saw that when Lou Williams agreed to a contract, iirc, 3 years in $7-8 M per year range earlier this year.

A guy like Hezonja is going to make somewhere around 3M per year....4 at best but more likely, like the post above comparing him to Ben's contract.

Probably why out player option guys opt in.

ORL can match the money in the 5m range so considering state taxes 7m seems doable. Can't compare him to Ben though completely different players and circumstances.

nononononononononononononoononono.

I've never seen somebody mail it in as pathetically as Hezonja did when the Magic came to Kings for a game. I'm so against this - he has nothing going for him except some name recognition as a previous year high draft pick (like Ben McLemore for example). please God no

I've never seen somebody mail it in as pathetically as Hezonja did when the Magic came to Kings for a game. I'm so against this - he has nothing going for him except some name recognition as a previous year high draft pick (like Ben McLemore for example). please God no
Really? I didn't see that but I'll take your word for it.

Really? I didn't see that but I'll take your word for it.
did you watch the game and didn't see it... or you didn't see the game?

maybe I took it too hard because he just stood there under the basket on the first play while we did a layup... he looked like he was point-shaving or something.

I have to tone back my contempt for him because I'm afraid Vlade will grab him... but he really left me with a bad impression that game. And he looked so flabby and out of shape compared to pretty much every other athlete on either team.

but I will get open-minded because Sacramento Kings beggars can't be choosers. Maybe he can turn it around.

maybe I took it too hard because he just stood there under the basket on the first play while we did a layup... he looked like he was point-shaving or something.

I have to tone back my contempt for him because I'm afraid Vlade will grab him... but he really left me with a bad impression that game. And he looked so flabby and out of shape compared to pretty much every other athlete on either team.

but I will get open-minded because Sacramento Kings beggars can't be choosers. Maybe he can turn it around.
I think as a stretch 4 off the bench he could be a weapon if all you ask him to do is run out to the perimeter.
Edit: btw I'm not sure what game your referencing but early on in the season I definitely caught the Kings/ORL game where both Gordon and Payton had good games but we ended up with the W.

Last edited:

I think the key here is one year, maybe a partial guarantee with team option in year two. And I don't think it would be a bad idea to go fishing like this every year on a guy while we rebuild.

Not a free agent but I’d love to get Kevin Love in here after Lebron bandwagons his way out of Cleveland.

Love as a 2nd option right now and is regelated to a spot up shooter. He’s still getting 17-9-1 TS% .61 shooting 38% from 3 with a PER of 22. He’d fit in great with his passing, scoring, and rebounding here whether we get Mikal Bridges or Bamba he’d still fit and give us scoring punch.

I’d offer Cleveland WCS/Skal/ZBo/ and 2 2nd round picks for Love and Tristan Thompson.

Fox-Mason
Bogdan-Hield
Bridges-JJ
Love-Hayes
Giles-TT
With that offer we should not have to take back Thompsons horrible contract. Easy pass.

Jabari scares me. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else in the first 2 games, but in the last 2 games, he's actually been playing very good basketball on both ends.

He needs to bring it every night, not just when he feels like it.
Agreed but this is Sacramento we need to be taking chances like this.
He’s a year removed from averaging 20-6-3

Also he fits that 6’8-6’9 range where we could switch everything. Say Bridges- Jabari- WCS we could switch 3-5 every time except vs a guy like Embiid and Towns.

Being able to switch like that improved the defense in itself

Last edited:

There is no point judging players in tank games. It is a single data point in a game the organization wanted to lose.

Perhaps because they already have Giles and are convinced he is a go to player for the future. Unless you think Giles is their stretch 4, I’m guessing they will be looking for a 4-5 that can space the floor versus having two bigs in the lane.