Summer Plans

Looks like Kings are planning to work hard this summer, which is good to see:

...Fox plans to spend his summer working on his weaknesses, as outlined by Divac and Joerger. Be more efficient. Aggressively attack the rim. Push the pace. Late Late Wednesday, Bogdanovic said he hopes Fox spends much of his time in Sacramento, joining several of the Kings in the practice facility.

“Buddy and I are going to be here a lot this summer,” Bogdanovic said, “and we want De’Aaron in the gym with us. He is our point guard and we need to play together more to get more (cohesive). The rotations were changing much of the time this year, so late in the season, when we had same guys in the lineup, you saw we made progress. We just have to keep working. It takes time. You can’t stop working.”...

From: For the Kings to make a leap, they need a leader. Why that has to be De'Aaron Fox

Grant and Doug were saying an interesting thing yesterday on the radio: The Kings have to make a leap, and for the Kings to make a leap, FOX has to make a leap.

A lot on his shoulders - will be interesting to see if he can both improve his game and put some more muscle on his frame.

Grant and Doug were saying an interesting thing yesterday on the radio: The Kings have to make a leap, and for the Kings to make a leap, FOX has to make a leap.

A lot on his shoulders - will be interesting to see if he can both improve his game and put some more muscle on his frame.
I think people just expected too much from the get-go. They expected him to come in and replace Cousins as our franchise player. For him to make that leap as a player, Joerger has to let him loose. This means ZBo will have to get less than 15mpg. This means we have to play with him players who know how to push the pace and spread the floor. We have to build our entire offense around Fox if we want him to make that leap. Coach ready to do that?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think people just expected too much from the get-go. They expected him to come in and replace Cousins as our franchise player. For him to make that leap as a player, Joerger has to let him loose. This means ZBo will have to get less than 15mpg. This means we have to play with him players who know how to push the pace and spread the floor. We have to build our entire offense around Fox if we want him to make that leap. Coach ready to do that?
Here is the thing, if you are going to structure your offense around Fox then you need to see if that produces winning basketball and with a good sample size too or do you continue to play with multiple play makers, which is the wiser approach IMO which then makes the team less dimensional (i.e. Westbrook's Thunder team before the arrival of Melo & PG)

The Kings need Bogdan and Buddy to make the leap, helping Fox up with them. Fox is a 20 year old point guard in the NBA. His leap, if he has one, may not happen for another 2-4 years. I hope he makes progress, mainly working on penetrating the lane as a threat to score and pass to wide open shooters. I saw a lot of tunnel vision this year, but that's to be expected from a young point guard. It's nice to hear that Buddy and Bogdan are hungry, and understand how much focus and practice it takes to become a winner in the league.

The impact Bogdan has on this team (both on & off the court) reminds me a lot of Divac.
I’m sure that’s precisely why Vlade wanted him so badly. Bogi is and will remain the reason why that draft day trade was a good one for the Kings.

With a much needed break from competitive basketball under his belt, I’m excited to see what Bogdanovic looks like next season. I think his perimeter shot will fall a lot more often with fresher legs.

Buddy was doing it in the Houston game creating a shot little past free throw line.

Is this difficult? why doesnt everyone do it? I guess you have to get used to the rythm/mecanics of it as opposed to a regular shot..

Buddy was doing it in the Houston game creating a shot little past free throw line.

Is this difficult? why doesnt everyone do it? I guess you have to get used to the rythm/mecanics of it as opposed to a regular shot..
It is challenging from a couple aspects. To do it in someone’s face like Harden you need to be aware of their defensive position and weighting on their feet. Harden essentially dribbles to get the defender to shift weight on to the wrong foot then uses the step-back when the defender can’t react.

The timing of the move and footwork has to be exact or the move becomes a travel. The timing of the gather is critical in the move. So it’s has to be practiced repeatedly to get the timing just right to create space in the NBA. For Bogdan to perfect it will literally take focusing on it for a summer.

The one in the video is not a travel. The one from the game was traveling.
I agree, he stutter stepped in the other one. By the way, both videos were from a game. When his footwork is 0 gather 1, 2 shoot, it’s not a travel. But to my original point, it takes outstanding footwork which can’t be perfected in a season. It takes 1 or more off seasons of work to get it down, know how to set it up, and insure you’re behind the arc.

Bogdan has the capability to be able to copy Harden. Whether he can fully get it down remains to be seen. When done right it’s legal and devastating.