[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same people who were praising the trade the Cavs made are now seeing how big of a mistake it was.

He needs to go to the D League to get healthy, gain confidence & regain his shot.
The Cavs need to trade him before the deadline and get anything in return. Isaiah isn't creating a good atmosphere over there. If they expect to do anything in the playoffs I.T. & Crowder need to go.

The best place for Isaiah is on a team where it's just him. This is what I said from the beginning & now it looks like people see it. The Hornets might be the best place for him right now. But I don't see Michael backing up the brinks truck for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The same people who were praising the trade the Cavs made are now seeing how big of a mistake it was.

He needs to go to the D League to get healthy, gain confidence & regain his shot.
The Cavs need to trade him before the deadline and get anything in return. Isaiah isn't creating a good atmosphere over there. If they expect to do anything in the playoffs I.T. & Crowder need to go.

The best place for Isaiah is on a team where it's just him. This is what I said from the beginning & now it looks like people see it. The Hornets might be the best place for him right now. But I don't see Michael backing up the brinks truck for him.
1. Unless I'm forgetting something, IT is ineligible for the D League. It's not like baseball where a home club can send a player down to the minor affiliate for rehabbing or whatever.

2. Unfortunately, league rules require 5 players on the court at a time and a roster of 14. :p :p :p

1. Unless I'm forgetting something, IT is ineligible for the D League. It's not like baseball where a home club can send a player down to the minor affiliate for rehabbing or whatever.

2. Unfortunately, league rules require 5 players on the court at a time and a roster of 14. :p :p :p
They can't send him to the D League? Really? I thought they could. That probably would help if he could go down there. But I don't think he'd accept that anyway.

I think it would still work lol :)

On a different note, I wouldn't mind sending Koufos, Sampson & Randolph and get Love here. Not sure if others would agree but I think it would be good for us.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't think the rules are like when the G-League was first formed. I'm pretty sure they can send him down to the G-League; they already sent him down for a rehab assignment, even though he never actually played. Hell, Kendrick Perkins is playing for Cleveland's G-League affiliate right now. I'm also pretty sure that, if they did send him to Canton, whatever positive relationship may still exist between Thomas and the team would be instantly evaporated.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think the rules are like when the G-League was first formed. I'm pretty sure they can send him down to the G-League; they already sent him down for a rehab assignment, even though he never actually played. Hell, Kendrick Perkins is playing for Cleveland's G-League affiliate right now. I'm also pretty sure that, if they did send him to Canton, whatever positive relationship may still exist between Thomas and the team would be instantly evaporated.
Evaporated? Try torched with a flame thrower.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, the Cavs have completely rebuilt their roster on the fly and I actually kinda like it.

Love/Tristan
Lebron/Nance
Hood/Green/Osman
JR Smith/Korver
Hill/Clarkson

They got younger while also getting better defensively (say what you want about Hill but his defense is miles ahead of where IT and Kyrie were during their time in Cleveland). Everyone on the roster except for Tristan, Nance and Green, is a good perimeter shooter to play off of Lebron. On paper, they might have gotten worse in talent but I think that this team probably won't be the tire fire the IT-era Cavs were.

I'm grabbing my popcorn.

Thomas was one of my favorite players while here, but considering where he is going, I'd like to see some chaos.
I feel bad for him. Boston was really the perfect fit for him but they had an opportunity to get better and the clock was running out on their roster flexibility/asset management so they took it. Since I like the Celts I felt pretty nice about how everything worked out for him while he was there.

Reality is that on most teams he is still 6th man of the year material but a total liability as a starter due to the fact that he is non-existent defensively. But based on his time on Boston I imagine he will never, ever accept that role.

Watching him with Ball is going to be insane.

Dear Washington Wizards...I don’t think it’s a great idea to bring D Rose into your locker room.

And kinda disappointed that they didn’t even try to acquire Boogie at the deadline. Yes he’s injured but I would’ve taken that risk.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Dear Washington Wizards...I don’t think it’s a great idea to bring D Rose into your locker room.

And kinda disappointed that they didn’t even try to acquire Boogie at the deadline. Yes he’s injured but I would’ve taken that risk.
Wait, are you advocating for the Wizards to trade for a player with an expiring contract that has no hope of playing for the remainder of the season? The only reason I can see for that would be just so they could offer a bigger contract in free agency - to a player with a major, major injury. To the best of my recollection there is literally zero precedent for a move like that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Watching the CLE/BOS game on my laptop, and I can't describe the feels I'm getting when, instead of the usual graphic that ESPN uses during commercial breaks on the WatchESPN app, they are showing an animated graphic promoting Black Panther! I cannot wait until Friday!

Also, I am really enjoying watching the Cavaliers slap the **** out of the Celtics.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
This is the reason I'm so glad we didn't take a chance on Lonzo Ball:

Lavar Ball: Lonzo won't re-sign with Lakers unless LiAngelo and LaMelo are signed

This may turn out to be an empty threat but it's certainly not helping anybody to waste even a second worrying about the possibility of adding two players you don't want on a 15 man roster just to sign one player you do want. And this is just year one! Imagine what kinds of stunts Lavar is going to pull once Lonzo actually looks good on an NBA court.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Lonzo Ball is a rookie, under contract, and the lakers own his rights until 2021. This "story" is clickbait, and nothing more.
This is how it starts. In 3 years the Lakers might want Lonzo to stick around. If they do, he actually has a lot of leverage. If the Lakers pick up his qualifying offer he can turn down a long-term deal like Nerlens Noel did and they will have to trade him for practically nothing or lose him after his 5th year for actually nothing. For a team that expected to draft their PG of the future 2nd overall that's a pretty big deal. I'm glad it's not our headache.

This is how it starts. In 3 years the Lakers might want Lonzo to stick around. If they do, he actually has a lot of leverage. If the Lakers pick up his qualifying offer he can turn down a long-term deal like Nerlens Noel did and they will have to trade him for practically nothing or lose him after his 5th year for actually nothing. For a team that expected to draft their PG of the future 2nd overall that's a pretty big deal. I'm glad it's not our headache.
The problem is that if he signs somewhere else it is unlikely that his brothers will be signed there as well. All LaVarr will accomplish is driving down the worth of his son without accomplishing his goal. At some point Lonzo is going to have to stand up to his Dad and remind him that it is HIS life.

Status
Not open for further replies.