Deadline Deals

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Nothings going to happen is it? An uneventful, losing second half to look forward to

Well, if memory serves, last year there was one trade a week before the deadline, two trades on the day before the deadline, and 6 or 7 trades at the deadline. That's fairly typical of how it usually plays out. So, tomorrow should be a busy day. Meaning, that what's happened up to now, is meaningless as a predictor of what will happen.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Speaking of last year's trade deadline... I'm surprised they didn't move the All-Star break a week earlier (or more) since they moved the start of the season this year. I think the season will be more than 2/3 over by the time we get to the All-Star break which feels a little odd and I'm not even the one who has to play in all of these games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Speaking of last year's trade deadline... I'm surprised they didn't move the All-Star break a week earlier (or more) since they moved the start of the season this year. I think the season will be more than 2/3 over by the time we get to the All-Star break which feels a little odd and I'm not even the one who has to play in all of these games.
The All-Star game/weekend dates/location are selected a couple of years in advance. I'm not sure they planned on moving the start of the regular season a couple of years ago.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The All-Star game/weekend dates/location are selected a couple of years in advance. I'm not sure they planned on moving the start of the regular season a couple of years ago.
Good point! Also they can't move it much sooner without overlapping the Super Bowl which they would never do. I do like that the trade deadline is now before the All Star game instead of after it. But there's hardly enough season left to mount a post-break resurgence anymore and I bet the players are running on fumes by now. It's unfortunate that so many guys are coming down with freak injuries this month. I guess that can happen any time but it feels related to me.