Golden One Center - "Tesla-like"

Took my son and a friend to the Chainsmokers concert on Thursday. In the middle of the show they said something to the effect of:

This arena sounds like a massive club, whoever built this place was a genius. It sounds amazing in here.
Sure beats the hell out of the old "echo arena". Went to plenty of concerts at the big gas station and man, the acoustics were HORRIBLE. Can't wait to hit up a concert at Golden 1.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Sure beats the hell out of the old "echo arena". Went to plenty of concerts at the big gas station and man, the acoustics were HORRIBLE. Can't wait to hit up a concert at Golden 1.
I've been to several concerts there already: Jimmy Buffet, Bon Jovi, and the Chainsmokers. Sound quality is night and day better than the old barn, as much as we loved that old building. I was sitting up in the nosebleeds for Chainsmokers (next to last row I think) and could still feel the bass vibrating my chair.

Took my son and a friend to the Chainsmokers concert on Thursday. In the middle of the show they said something to the effect of:

This arena sounds like a massive club, whoever built this place was a genius. It sounds amazing in here.
I'm a fan of the Chainsmokers, how was the concert?? Did it act more like an EDM event? I'd imagine the sounds wound be insane at the G1C.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I'm a fan of the Chainsmokers, how was the concert?? Did it act more like an EDM event? I'd imagine the sounds wound be insane at the G1C.
I'm what many here would classify as an "old fart" - never been to an EDM event. But they had the dance music going and lasers/lights/fire/smoke action and a lot of folks jumping around in the stands, so I guess it would qualify.

Last concert I was able to attend at "the old barn" was MUSE. Muse was great, even with the horrible acoustics. Id love to see them perform at Golden 1.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I see this as all bad. We're paying stupid prices for homes and just making the banks richer and richer because of it.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Went to the Imagine Dragons concert a couple days ago at the G1C - it was the one-year anniversary of the first event (Paul McCartney opening concert). Happy first anniversary to the home of the Kings! Been a lot of great concerts and some fun games. Hopefully some better luck for the Kings in upcoming years is in the works too.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
In case anyone is interested in this kind of thing, a 13 minute video on how Turner Construction built the arena:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't been to a non-sporting event at G1C yet, but I have to admit to being very proud every single time a commercial for a top-name entertainer comes on during game breaks. We got this! :)

I haven't been to a non-sporting event at G1C yet, but I have to admit to being very proud every single time a commercial for a top-name entertainer comes on during game breaks. We got this! :)
I went to see Lionel Richie last year. The lighting effects and overall atmosphere was pretty nice. You don't want to sit on the floor, too many people moving around and without the elevation to see past them. Get yourself one of the seats a few rows up off the floor, ideally where no one will try to walk through if you can, like where a barrier will be.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I went to see Lionel Richie last year. The lighting effects and overall atmosphere was pretty nice. You don't want to sit on the floor, too many people moving around and without the elevation to see past them. Get yourself one of the seats a few rows up off the floor, ideally where no one will try to walk through if you can, like where a barrier will be.
So far I've seen Jimmy Buffett, Bon Jovi, the Chainsmokers, Lady Gaga, and Imagine Dragons at the G1C. Miranda Lambert is next, and you can be sure I'm not missing Def Leppard and Journey in October! That one will be awesome! Saw them together back in 2006 and loved it.

So far I've seen Jimmy Buffett, Bon Jovi, the Chainsmokers, Lady Gaga, and Imagine Dragons at the G1C. Miranda Lambert is next, and you can be sure I'm not missing Def Leppard and Journey in October! That one will be awesome! Saw them together back in 2006 and loved it.
Do you agree about avoiding sitting on the ground level, but better to be above it slightly? I've only been to one concert so far.

Do you agree about avoiding sitting on the ground level, but better to be above it slightly? I've only been to one concert so far.

Gonna beg to differ.

Actually I think the best place to sit for concerts is the double letter rows in 106 and 121.

But the pit is awesome once in a while anyway..

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I don't get that close. The only way I attend so many is by being in the cheaper seats. I was in the lower level for Jimmy Buffett but that was because we got the seats as a gift. And those were not down low. Everything else has been upper deck.

Oh, and I just got tickets tonight for my wife and I to go see Elton John next January in the G1C. It's his farewell tour and my wife is a fan. Pretty spendy, but I guess she's worth it. :) Upper deck, but Row A.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Just picked up those tickets tonight. That is going to be a GREAT concert. :D