Had we not swapped with Philly

Fultz was the consensus #1, somebody would have traded with the Celtics for him. It's possible the draft would have gone down like this:

Celtics trade #1 for Lakers' #2 and #27.

#1. Fultz - Lakers
#2. Tatum - Celtics
#3. Ball(!) - Kings

And I rather have Fox than Ball.
Also, Vlade said he would have picked Fox with the #1 pick, but I don't think he was being completely honest.

As for Fultz, if it's really just a shoulder thing I see him recovering and going back to his normal self.
If Fultz was the consensus #1 Danny would have drafted him.

And I also recall a report saying the only player the Kings had ahead of De'Aaron was Josh Jackson.

If Fultz was the consensus #1 Danny would have drafted him.

And I also recall a report saying the only player the Kings had ahead of De'Aaron was Josh Jackson.
Danny passed on Fultz not because of talent but because they don't need two scoring PGs. If Celtics had needed a PG, they'd have taken Fultz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Danny passed on Fultz not because of talent but because they don't need two scoring PGs. If Celtics had needed a PG, they'd have taken Fultz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You don't know that. You are speculating. And in case I need to remind you the Celtics traded for Kyrie AFTER the draft not before.

Danny passed on Fultz because he didn't think he was worthy of the #1. And based on early returns his assessment was accurate.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Your premise is false because the Kings had Josh Jackson ranked #1 on their board and De'Aaron Fox ranked #2 regardless of their draft position.
Kings had Fultz number one on their board I believe, but it's pure speculation and smoke screens from our standpoint. Unless you have a source with a link that you can provide for us all?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I thought Donovan would be really good but he has actually surpassed my expectations. He reminded me A LOT of Damian Lillard but I didn't think he'd be confident enough to take over games as much as he does so soon. He has the strength and length and the change of direction dribble with the range on his shot that has translated so well. Once he realized "hey I am just as good or better than these guys" he has asserted himself more and more.

De'Aaron will be doing the same thing! Just wait and see!
so will your boy Dennis Smith, who you weren't very fond of.

Kings had Fultz number one on their board I believe, but it's pure speculation and smoke screens from our standpoint. Unless you have a source with a link that you can provide for us all?
Fair enough but where's your link that the Kings had Fultz #1 on their board??? I think I will be waiting an eternity for that link!!!

I will look for a link on Jackson #1 Fox #2 but I am 95% confident that was the Kings board though I think it was probably audio not print that this detail was revealed somewhere somehow. And yes, Dennis Smith is NOT a player I am fond of, and while he has played better than I expected, I don't see anything to his game that is particularly compelling. He's a 6'0 shooting guard.

If Smith Jr becomes a proficient three pointer shooter, then "yes" he will be a nice player. But he will NEVER be as good as De'Aaron Fox when all is said and done and you can take that to the bank!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fair enough but where's your link that the Kings had Fultz #1 on their board??? I think I will be waiting an eternity for that link!!!

I will look for a link on Jackson #1 Fox #2 but I am 95% confident that was the Kings board though I think it was probably audio not print that this detail was revealed somewhere somehow. And yes, Dennis Smith is NOT a player I am fond of, and while he has played better than I expected, I don't see anything to his game that is particularly compelling. He's a 6'0 shooting guard.

If Smith Jr becomes a proficient three pointer shooter, then "yes" he will be a nice player. But he will NEVER be as good as De'Aaron Fox when all is said and done and you can take that to the bank!
Just like you, I have no source. As I mentioned, it's speculation on our part. I'd imagine the Kings who were contemplating moving two lottery picks to snag Fultz eventually didn't come to fruition because they valued more assets than one player, who may or may not be as good as the other remaining PGs on the board.

Label Smith what you will, but that really doesn't hold any merit if the guy can score the ball. His three ball will come along nicely, he shoots it effortlessly. With Smith the question is, will his efficiency be there and will his numbers be empty or will they contribute to winning.

Saying he will NEVER be good as Fox is delusional thinking, just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean he won't be a good ball player. Set the bias aside for a second and look at the big picture.

Just like you, I have no source. As I mentioned, it's speculation on our part. I'd imagine the Kings who were contemplating moving two lottery picks to snag Fultz eventually didn't come to fruition because they valued more assets than one player, who may or may not be as good as the other remaining PGs on the board.

Label Smith what you will, but that really doesn't hold any merit if the guy can score the ball. His three ball will come along nicely, he shoots it effortlessly. With Smith the question is, will his efficiency be there and will his numbers be empty or will they contribute to winning.

Saying he will NEVER be good as Fox is delusional thinking, just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean he won't be a good ball player. Set the bias aside for a second and look at the big picture.
I didn't say I have NO source. You asked me to provide the source in the middle of the Kings game and I didn't have the inclination or the desire to look for it then or now but I will when I have a chance. So that's #1. #2 it is NOT delusional thinking to hold an opinion on Fox becoming a better player than Smith. It is my opinion. And believe me I am keeping a close eye on them as I am all the top draftees. Its not that I dislike him or have a bias, I am just calling it like I see it.

I have said hundreds of times before the perimeter shot is the great equalizer. If Smith Jr makes 40% of his three pointers that changes things that opens up lanes for him. And the same goes for De'Aaron. I am not going to get into a comparison between the two now b/c we have been over that ground and when they face off again that will be appropriate time ....

But I will say holding an opinion of a King becoming better player than a non-King is NOT me being delusional or bias. If you have taken notice I have NO problem BASHING Kings players that I do NOT like. I do NOT automatically take an affinity for a player because he is donning a Kings jersey. Unlike other fans perhaps the majority that affinity is earned NOT granted.