The Ongoing Season Comparison

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I read these numbers as promising. At this point in 17 we still had DMC, and Rudy and our young players were fewer and greener. The second half of the season will be very telling, if the team can continue to improve we could see a nice strong finish. I have no illusions that we are a playoff team this season but if we play .500 ball in the second half of the season we should be on track to be next year. I know the tank crew prefer to see losses here but honestly if the Kings are not a bottom 4-5 team it will not matter much and I do not see us dropping that low without injuries, front office sabotage or just flat trying to lose by the coach none of which I endorse.

This is cool but I’m laughing because it reminds me of an episode of “How I Met Your Mother” when they decide to do an intervention on Marshall because of his obsession with charts.

He says “here is a pie chart showing my favorite bars.... and HERE is a bar chart showing my favorite pies”.

Hilarel

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Ron, for your work on this. I hope you do this next year as well.

If I'm reading this correctly, after the first handful of games the highest win percentage was on the 31st game - in both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. In 2016-17 the highest win percentage was 45% at the 31st game, while in 2017-18 the highest win percentage was at 35% at the 31st game. That's quite the coincidence. What is it about that 31st game that brings about the highest win percentage in both years? Weird. Also of interest is what happens after reaching that 31st game plateau during each of those years - a downward skid that extends to the 43rd game in 2017-18 in which the bottom win percentage of 37% is reached, and a downward skid that extends to what appears to the 46th game in the 2017-18 season in which the bottom win percentage of 28% is reached.