Following 2018 draftees

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t draft Toung over anyone of Doncic, Porter, Ayton, or Bagley. Unless we plan on starting Fox-Young backcourt probably could work with Sg being small now a Days

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't think Young is one of those guys who would do good on a low volume. I would be highly upset if any team that drafted him gave him less than 30mpg. If you want to see Oklahoma Young, then you need to give him the same type of environment. If you lower his usage and force him to play within a system that doesn't suit his strengths, he's not going to be the same player. In fact, he'll probably struggle. What makes him a top 10 prospect is the entire package. It's not just his playmaking or just his shooting. It's everything combined that makes him a special prospect worth a top pick.

Fox is one of the quickest players in the NBA, but Joerger has no problem putting him in the league's 3rd slowest offense. o_O
No safe bet that he would find ways to implement Young in PnRs. I mean.. he's had WCS(our best roll man) play in a Boris Diaw role.

Still time left in the season, but it will be interesting to see how much room/patience Joerger is willing to give the young guys.
Your right about Young's usage rate, which is one of the highest in college. Interesting fact is, that to the best of my knowledge, not one of Young's three's has been assisted. Plus about 80% of all his shots are unassisted. When you consider the minutes he plays (33 mpg his last 9 games), and that the ball is in his hands 90% of the time, its no wonder that he tries to take a breather on the defensive side. Young is the master of the P&R, or of how to use picks period. He and Willie would be a nice match.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
We can’t draft Toung over anyone of Doncic, Porter, Ayton, or Bagley. Unless we plan on starting Fox-Young backcourt probably could work with Sg being small now a Days
Whether we would draft Young or not depends on how good you think he'll become. If you knew that he would turn out as good at Curry, would you still pass on him just because you already have Fox? I think not! Of course that's the thing, isn't it? We don't know for sure. Here's the question. If your the Kings, do you play it safe, and take someone that doesn't maybe have as high a ceiling, but has a very high floor, or do you swing for the fences and go for a possible superstar, who also has a high chance of bust?

Whether we would draft Young or not depends on how good you think he'll become. If you knew that he would turn out as good at Curry, would you still pass on him just because you already have Fox? I think not! Of course that's the thing, isn't it? We don't know for sure. Here's the question. If your the Kings, do you play it safe, and take someone that doesn't maybe have as high a ceiling, but has a very high floor, or do you swing for the fences and go for a possible superstar, who also has a high chance of bust?
You make a great point his measurements scare me. He does show that he can create for other and score at an elite level also read that his floater is elite shooting something like 65% I believe. I still wouldn’t take him over Doncic no matter what but if Giles shows out good in Dleague and at the end of the season I’d easily take him over Ayton and Bagley.

Also if we took Young we’d have to start Bogdan next to him and desperately find a 3D SF. Bogdan would be able to share pg duties with Young

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I watched the Boise St./Colorado St. game to get a look another look at Chandler Hutchison, and he didn't disappoint. Only downside to the game was that he picked up two quick fouls in the first half, and ended up sitting for most of it. He did come back in with about 4 minutes left in the 1st, and made an impact. He's a late bloomer who put in a ton of work in the last two offseasons. At 6'7", with a nice wingspan, he can play both SF and SG. He's a very good athlete who can get from the corner to the basket in a couple of strides and in the blink of the eye. A run out on him can be fatal. However he's an excellent 3 pt shooter as well, so you can't ignore him out there, which Colorado St. did a couple times and it cost them 6 pt's.

Hutchison is also a very good and willing defender. He still has a few rough edges around him, and due to being a senior, he'll likely be a 2nd round pick. Which means someone is going to get a steal. I think he has long term starting potential, and at worse projects as a 3 and D type player. But I'll be surprised if that's all he turns out to be. He's a good passer, and he's unselfish. His three point stoke is effortless. The staff at Boise St. has done a good job developing him.

Arrgh, I forgot to include his stats from the game. 23 minutes - 24 pts - 9 of 15 overall- 3 of 5 from the three - 3 rebounds - 2 assists - 2 steals.

Alright I’m impressed with Young and I think I’ll add him in as the 4th player I think could be a star in the draft. He’s very good at P&R combined with his elite handle, Floater, and jumper.

Also Bagley just put up 32-21 vs FSU

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Young, he just keeps rolling. Yesterday in a game that came down to the wire with Oklahoma winning 90 to 89 he played 38 of 40 minutes and scored 39 pt's on 9 or 23 shooting, a sub par day for him considering he's averaging in the 48% range, and 6 for 14 from the three, which is 42% and near his average. He also added 14 assists, 2 steals and 4 boards. There has been a few games, where it's obvious to me that he has tired legs toward the end of games. Added strength will help, but a little more rest during the games will help as well. Still, it's hard to argue with his results.

Mikal Bridges had another of his typical games for Villanova in a losing effort to Butler. Will Nova hang on to the number one spot? I have no idea. Bridges also played 38 out of 40 minutes and scored 21 pt's on 9 of 15 overall, and 3 of 7 from the three. He's seemingly all over the court at times defensively guarding everyone from the other teams PG to their PF. He only had 2 boards, which is below his season average, 3 steals, 3 assists, and 1 blocked shot. As with Young, added strength will help Bridges going forward, but he's much stronger than he looks. I've seen him hold his ground in the post against bigger and heavier players. He has good length at 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan. He's also a very good athlete.

Also cought the Arizona/Arizona St. game. Arizona St. has been on a run, so I was interested to see how this game played out. Arizona St. came into this game undefeated on the season at 12 and 0 and ranked number 3 in the country, while Arizona and DeAndre Ayton came in with three losses and was ranked number 17 in the nation. Arizona St. left with their first loss, losing 84 to 78. Ayton had a very good game, playing 35 of the 40 minutes and scoring 23 pt's on 9 of 14 shooting. He didn't attempt a three point shot. He added 19 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 3 blocks. Well done there!

As mentioned in a previous post, Marvin Bagley went off for 32 pts on 13 of 17 shooting and 1 for 2 from the three. Personally, I'd like to see him take a few more three's. His form doesn't look bad on the shots he does take. I suspect that the system is limiting him to some extent. He also pulled down 21 rebounds. The dude is a pogo stick out there, and many times is simply quicker to the ball than anyone else. You put another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle on him, and you'll have a rebounding monster. He also has nice footwork in the post with a soft touch around the basket. He makes quick decisions with the ball. Only 1 assist in this game, but he has shown himself to be a decent to good passer.

Speaking of Young, he just keeps rolling. Yesterday in a game that came down to the wire with Oklahoma winning 90 to 89 he played 38 of 40 minutes and scored 39 pt's on 9 or 23 shooting, a sub par day for him considering he's averaging in the 48% range, and 6 for 14 from the three, which is 42% and near his average. He also added 14 assists, 2 steals and 4 boards. There has been a few games, where it's obvious to me that he has tired legs toward the end of games. Added strength will help, but a little more rest during the games will help as well. Still, it's hard to argue with his results.

Mikal Bridges had another of his typical games for Villanova in a losing effort to Butler. Will Nova hang on to the number one spot? I have no idea. Bridges also played 38 out of 40 minutes and scored 21 pt's on 9 of 15 overall, and 3 of 7 from the three. He's seemingly all over the court at times defensively guarding everyone from the other teams PG to their PF. He only had 2 boards, which is below his season average, 3 steals, 3 assists, and 1 blocked shot. As with Young, added strength will help Bridges going forward, but he's much stronger than he looks. I've seen him hold his ground in the post against bigger and heavier players. He has good length at 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan. He's also a very good athlete.

Also cought the Arizona/Arizona St. game. Arizona St. has been on a run, so I was interested to see how this game played out. Arizona St. came into this game undefeated on the season at 12 and 0 and ranked number 3 in the country, while Arizona and DeAndre Ayton came in with three losses and was ranked number 17 in the nation. Arizona St. left with their first loss, losing 84 to 78. Ayton had a very good game, playing 35 of the 40 minutes and scoring 23 pt's on 9 of 14 shooting. He didn't attempt a three point shot. He added 19 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 3 blocks. Well done there!

As mentioned in a previous post, Marvin Bagley went off for 32 pts on 13 of 17 shooting and 1 for 2 from the three. Personally, I'd like to see him take a few more three's. His form doesn't look bad on the shots he does take. I suspect that the system is limiting him to some extent. He also pulled down 21 rebounds. The dude is a pogo stick out there, and many times is simply quicker to the ball than anyone else. You put another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle on him, and you'll have a rebounding monster. He also has nice footwork in the post with a soft touch around the basket. He makes quick decisions with the ball. Only 1 assist in this game, but he has shown himself to be a decent to good passer.
Ya his form looks really good I think he’ll be able to shoot in time since he seems like a bright kind and hard worker. But yes this dude can rebound the basketball man and we’d be a very quick team with Bagley, WCS, and Fox.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ya his form looks really good I think he’ll be able to shoot in time since he seems like a bright kind and hard worker. But yes this dude can rebound the basketball man and we’d be a very quick team with Bagley, WCS, and Fox.
We all have our favorite player that we want out of this draft, but the reality of it is, most of the time, we don't get that player. So, the more players in the draft that you might feel happy walking away with, the better. I have my first, second, third, etc. players of which any would make me happy. And, I have what I consider my fall back player that I think will be there regardless of where we end up picking, unless we suddenly go on a ridiculous run and end up picking somewhere between 10 and 14. That player is Mikal Bridges, who I love, and I don't think he'll go any higher than 7 or 8 in the first round. I suspect we'll be picking somewhere between 1 and 8. I could be wrong of course.

Point is, I would be happy with any of, Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Porter, and Young as my top five, and then still happy, but not as much with Jaren Jackson, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges, and Wendal Carter. Even after that, there are good players there, and trust me, one of them will end up being a star. Someone like Collin Sexton, Mohamed Bomba, Robert Williams or Kevin Knox. They all have star potential. A player to keep your eye on, that might rise once at the combine and the workouts start is Mitchell Robinson. He was a stud in highschool and it's a shame he opted out of college. But he has star potential.

We all have our favorite player that we want out of this draft, but the reality of it is, most of the time, we don't get that player. So, the more players in the draft that you might feel happy walking away with, the better. I have my first, second, third, etc. players of which any would make me happy. And, I have what I consider my fall back player that I think will be there regardless of where we end up picking, unless we suddenly go on a ridiculous run and end up picking somewhere between 10 and 14. That player is Mikal Bridges, who I love, and I don't think he'll go any higher than 7 or 8 in the first round. I suspect we'll be picking somewhere between 1 and 8. I could be wrong of course.

Point is, I would be happy with any of, Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Porter, and Young as my top five, and then still happy, but not as much with Jaren Jackson, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges, and Wendal Carter. Even after that, there are good players there, and trust me, one of them will end up being a star. Someone like Collin Sexton, Mohamed Bomba, Robert Williams or Kevin Knox. They all have star potential. A player to keep your eye on, that might rise once at the combine and the workouts start is Mitchell Robinson. He was a stud in highschool and it's a shame he opted out of college. But he has star potential.
I’d be happy with any of the top 5 players I’d rank them

1. Doncic

2. Ayton
3. Bagley
4. Young
5. Porter

I just have Doncic that far ahead of the class and think he’ll be a 20-7-5 type of guy. Also I think Doncic and Bagley have that “it” factor I’ve seen games where it’s late and they’re just like alright give me the damn ball.

Stole this on Bagley from realgm

67.7% on 2 pointers right now. Overall 63/36/61 shooting splits. Averaging 21.9/11.6/1.6 a night. 65.3 TS%, 27.4/14.6/2.1 per 40, 14.4 ORB%. Now Andre Drummond who is 2nd all time in ORB%, 1st in TRB%, and 2nd in rebounds per game post merger had a 14.2 ORB% at UCONN. Am I saying Bagley reminds me of him on the boards? Not really but he is just as good as him even though he's weaker because of his second jump.

Also

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Stole this on Bagley from realgm

67.7% on 2 pointers right now. Overall 63/36/61 shooting splits. Averaging 21.9/11.6/1.6 a night. 65.3 TS%, 27.4/14.6/2.1 per 40, 14.4 ORB%. Now Andre Drummond who is 2nd all time in ORB%, 1st in TRB%, and 2nd in rebounds per game post merger had a 14.2 ORB% at UCONN. Am I saying Bagley reminds me of him on the boards? Not really but he is just as good as him even though he's weaker because of his second jump.

Also

Yeah, well anyone that watched the games knows that most of his points come at the basket. Some turn that into a criticism, and I get their point, when projecting him into today's NBA. However, I think he can develop a game away from the basket. I mean if the worse you came away with was a taller more efficient version of Kenneth Faried, you'd still be ahead of the game. But I think it's obvious he can be more than that. You summed it up when you said he has that "It" factor. About the only similarity between Bagley and Drummond, is the results of their rebounding. Bagley has three times the motor that Drummond has. He's a better athlete than Drummond, and I think he'll be a far more versatile player than Drummond. I see him being more in the vein of Anthony Davis. He doesn't have quite the length of Davis, nor has he showed off his jumpshot, or the shotblocking ability of Davis. I just think he's more suited for Davis style of play due to his athleticism and body type. He had a jumpshot in highschool. I doubt he forgot how to use it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
For those interested in seeing Trae Young play, he's playing today at 6:pm on ESPNU. Oklahoma is going up against Oklahoma St. The competition is starting to get tougher, so we'll see if Young rises to the occasion.

If Stern were still in charge I would be pretty sure Trae Young was destined for Orlando at the 4 spot. Poor Orlando hasn’t been just bad, but boring to boot. Trae would make them fun again, and provide him plenty of athletic wings to get up and down the court.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, Young probably had his worse game of the year overall, but still laid 27 pts and 10 assists on Oklahoma St. It became obvious from the start of the game that State was going to do everything they could to get the ball out of Young's hands. They tried to double and trap him in the back court every time he had the ball, and it did work to some extent for a while. But after a while, Young just started blasting up the court before they could get the trap in place, drive into the lane throwing up alley oop after alley oop, dishing to a big under the basket, or trying to finish and either scoring, or going to the line, or both. Young is a nightmare to defend when he has a head of steam in the open court. You never know what the hell he's going to do. He draws so much attention, that the Oklahoma big men are constantly left unguarded under or near the basket, and he finds them time after time.

At one point, when they were getting ready to trap him, just across the half court line on the right side of the court, he threw a one handed bullet pass past three defenders to one of his big's standing right under the basket. He has incredible court vision. He didn't shoot the ball well, mostly because of the pressure on him, but made up for it by getting to the line, and he's an excellent free throw shooter. I'm also not sure how he got this un-athletic rap. I've seen him blow right past defenders. He has excellent end to end speed. I think he's one of those deceptive athletes, that only uses his athleticism when he needs to. Harden was that way at Arizona St., and to some extent, Blake Griffin was like that at Oklahoma. But if you watched enough games, you'd see a glimpse here and there.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the other freshman on the Oklahoma team and that's Brady Manek, a 6'9" PF/SF?. Not sure exactly what he is just yet, but I suspect that eventually, with added muscle, he'll fall into that combo forward grouping. Manek ended up with 28 pt's on 9 of 11 shooting overall and 6 for 8 from the three. For the season he's shooting 53.6% overall and 43.3% from the three. The kid can really shoot the ball. Give him another year in college, about ten pounds of muscle, and you might have a lottery pick next year. He's a really smart kid who knows how to find the open spot. He's not your prototypical non-athletic stand in the corner and wait for the ball type. He's a good athlete, who moves well without the ball, and who defends well. His rebounding needs to improve as does his ball handling. It doesn't hurt playing with Young, who constantly finds him for wide open shots. Anyway, he's someone to keep your eye on going forward.

You make a great point his measurements scare me. He does show that he can create for other and score at an elite level also read that his floater is elite shooting something like 65% I believe. I still wouldn’t take him over Doncic no matter what but if Giles shows out good in Dleague and at the end of the season I’d easily take him over Ayton and Bagley.

Also if we took Young we’d have to start Bogdan next to him and desperately find a 3D SF. Bogdan would be able to share pg duties with Young
If we draft T Young ithink we should trade Fox for a Small forward prospect. Maybe for Miles bridges or a guy like Jackson(phx) or Isaac.

Would have to think Vivek with his well known love of the Warriors will be doing cartwheels to get TYoung

You dont think Hield would be a good fit next to Young? Defensively can see the issue but what about offensively? Young setting up Hield for open looks seems ideal

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If we draft T Young ithink we should trade Fox for a Small forward prospect. Maybe for Miles bridges or a guy like Jackson(phx) or Isaac.

Would have to think Vivek with his well known love of the Warriors will be doing cartwheels to get TYoung
I honestly believe that if Young were available when the Kings were slotted to pick, he wouldn't get drafted by this team because the Kings loved Fox so much last offseason and they wouldn't give up on him so quickly. They really liked Dunn few years ago too and he is turning out to be a nice prospect moving forward.

I honestly believe that if Young were available when the Kings were slotted to pick, he wouldn't get drafted by this team because the Kings loved Fox so much last offseason and they wouldn't give up on him so quickly. They really liked Dunn few years ago too and he is turning out to be a nice prospect moving forward.
Tbis wouldn't be a case of "giving up" on him. He still a great prospect. TYoung just seems a much likelier superstar. Would make no since having them both. In that case should move fox for a SF prospect

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Tbis wouldn't be a case of "giving up" on him. He still a great prospect. TYoung just seems a much likelier superstar. Would make no since having them both. In that case should move fox for a SF prospect
Young a superstar? I don't see it. and it's giving up on him when you trade a then, 20 year old prospect for one you deem better

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Defensively we can’t have two terrible defenders like that. We’d have to start Bogdan at SG and somehow find a SF
First, if we were to draft Young, and that's a big if, because I think he's going to go higher than people think. He's a very unique player that doesn't come down the slot very often. I went back and watched the Oklahoma/USC game, which was a game early in the schedule, and then immediately after watched the Oklahoma Wichita St. game, and the difference in Young's play just leaped out at you. Which tells me his confidence, and abilities to run a team have improved dramatically since the beginning of the season. Even when his shot is off, he's a difference maker. When a team throws something new defensively at him, and gets him to struggle for part of, oe half of a game, he figures out how of overcome it. He's a very very smart player whose loaded with a full tool box. I don't see how he can fail at the next level. I could be wrong, but I'd put some significant money on this kid.

That said, if we were to draft Young, I don't think that means we have to give up on, or trade Fox. If anything, drafting Young would probably affect Mason's future more than Fox's. Once Fox fixes his 3 pt shot, there would be no reason you couldn't play Fox and Young together at times. It wouldn't be much different than playing Lillard and McCollum together. If you think Young is the best player on the board, you draft him and figure the rest out later. Fox loves to push the ball, and if you've seen Young play, he loves to push the ball. I don't think I've ever seen a player make as many floaters while going to the basket with a full head of steam the way Young does. What makes him so much fun to watch, is that you don't know what he's going to do. Which is why his bigs are always wide open under the basket. Everyone is always watching and reacting to what Young is doing.

By the way, he plays again tomorrow at 4:15 pm on ESPN2. Going up against a good West Virginia team. While were at it, Duke takes on North Carolina on ESPN at 5 pm. Marquette takes on Villanova on Fox Sports 1 at 5 pm. and Kentucky takes on Tennessee on the SEC channel at 6 pm.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I watched the Michigan St./Maryland game yesterday, which turned quickly into a rout about 10 or so minutes into the game. Michigan St. is a very good team. Don't know if they have the horses to win the whole thing, but they're certainly one of the teams I'd pick for my final four. Three of the teams I would pick for the final four are Villanova, Michigan St., and Duke. the fourth one gets a little tougher. I want to lean toward Arizona, but they've been a bit inconsistent. Kentucky has been playing better, so you can't count them out. North Carolina looks like fools gold to me, and I question if Gonzaga or Wichita St. have the horses to get there this year. Anyway, I'll hold off on that fourth choice. And I reserve the right to totally deny that I ever chose any of these teams.:rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the Mich St. game. I have said this before, and now I'll say it again. I would love to watch a Michigan St. game where Jaren Jackson gets to play 30 plus minutes. Once again after getting off to a good start and hitting two three's 4 minutes into the game, he picked up two fouls and sat on the bench for the rest of the half. He did get some burn in the 2nd half, but did pick up another foul which sat him again, and by the time he would have come back into the game, it had turned into a total rout, so why put him in. But, in the 16 minutes he did play, he scored 15 pt's on 5 of 6 shooting, all three point attempts. He has a very nice and effortless stroke. I don't see him having any problem hitting NBA three's. The only thing I would question would be his ability to shoot off the dribble or shoot while being contested. Almost all of his three's are wide open shots. But, you can't criticize a player for hitting shots he should hit.

He only had one board, but did have 2 steals and 3 blocked shots. Not bad for 16 minutes of play. His running mate Miles Bridges also had 15 pts on 4 or 8 shooting overall and 2 of 3 from the three. Mister Miles is trying to turn into a PG and is passing the ball very well. He had 7 assists to go with 6 boards and 2 blocks. I love how aggressively he plays, but I'm still not sure about how his game will translate to the NBA. Not sure what he is exactly, but it may not matter. He does find a way to help his team and is one of the main cheer leaders on the team. It's hard not to like him. Being a terrific athlete doesn't hurt either.

The player on the Maryland team that stood out to me was Kevin Huerter, a 6'7", 195 lb, SG/SF. He's a very good athlete who appears to have a good wingspan. He's a sophmore, and I have no idea what his draft intentions are, but he certainly looks like a future NBA player. He can really shoot the ball. He scored 16 pt's in 36 minutes of play on 5 of 10 shooting overall, going 3 for 7 from the three. For the season he's averaging 14.2 ppg while shooting 52.5% overall, and shooting 45.7% from the three. In this game he played 36 of the 40 minutes, and I think mostly because he's a good, and willing defender. What impressed me about his shooting is almost all of his jumpshots were off the dribble or coming off a pick, catching, squaring up, and shooting the ball. I'd love to see what his percentages are on just spot ups. Almost every shot he took was contested. Their playing mostly as a SG on offense, but defensively they switch him on just about everyone on the other team. Another player to keep your eye on.

What are your thoughts on Nick Ward (the forgotten big man on Mich St.?) He seems like a throw back player (everything is around the basket), but has great touch and plays smart on both ends. He has a wide body and knows how to use it. He just seems like one of those players a team like the Spurs would pick up in the 2nd round who turns into a solid rotational player.

First, if we were to draft Young, and that's a big if, because I think he's going to go higher than people think. He's a very unique player that doesn't come down the slot very often. I went back and watched the Oklahoma/USC game, which was a game early in the schedule, and then immediately after watched the Oklahoma Wichita St. game, and the difference in Young's play just leaped out at you. Which tells me his confidence, and abilities to run a team have improved dramatically since the beginning of the season. Even when his shot is off, he's a difference maker. When a team throws something new defensively at him, and gets him to struggle for part of, oe half of a game, he figures out how of overcome it. He's a very very smart player whose loaded with a full tool box. I don't see how he can fail at the next level. I could be wrong, but I'd put some significant money on this kid.

That said, if we were to draft Young, I don't think that means we have to give up on, or trade Fox. If anything, drafting Young would probably affect Mason's future more than Fox's. Once Fox fixes his 3 pt shot, there would be no reason you couldn't play Fox and Young together at times. It wouldn't be much different than playing Lillard and McCollum together. If you think Young is the best player on the board, you draft him and figure the rest out later. Fox loves to push the ball, and if you've seen Young play, he loves to push the ball. I don't think I've ever seen a player make as many floaters while going to the basket with a full head of steam the way Young does. What makes him so much fun to watch, is that you don't know what he's going to do. Which is why his bigs are always wide open under the basket. Everyone is always watching and reacting to what Young is doing.

By the way, he plays again tomorrow at 4:15 pm on ESPN2. Going up against a good West Virginia team. While were at it, Duke takes on North Carolina on ESPN at 5 pm. Marquette takes on Villanova on Fox Sports 1 at 5 pm. and Kentucky takes on Tennessee on the SEC channel at 6 pm.
I don’t think it’s giving up on Fox either I’d rather go with a bigger SG and regular size SF so we went too small. Plus Fox-Hield off the bench would be instant offense

bajaden

Hall of Famer
What are your thoughts on Nick Ward (the forgotten big man on Mich St.?) He seems like a throw back player (everything is around the basket), but has great touch and plays smart on both ends. He has a wide body and knows how to use it. He just seems like one of those players a team like the Spurs would pick up in the 2nd round who turns into a solid rotational player.
Tough hardnosed player, who does most of his scoring at the basket on alley opps , backdoors or putbacks. However, he does have a decent post game and he's extremely strong, so he does a good job of moving people on the block and scoring over them with a little jump hook. He also has a decent 15 foot jumpshot, which he doesn't get to use very often, but he's consistent when he does. But your right about him being a throw back type player. He's not flashy, and never gives you one of those wow moments. But he's a smart player that knows what he can and can't do. If he can extend his range on his jumpshot, I think he'll find a place in the NBA.

Normally, with his particular skill set, and his height, 6'8", I'd say he's undersized, and not athletic enough to guard the quick PF's in the league. But with guys 6'7" and above playing center now, hell, he should fit right in.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don’t think it’s giving up on Fox either I’d rather go with a bigger SG and regular size SF so we went too small. Plus Fox-Hield off the bench would be instant offense
The rest of the season will determine Young's future, and where he's drafted. All the teams are into conference play now, so the competition is going to get tougher. The quality of the teams he'll face is going to get significantly better, and those teams are going to game plan for him. It was obvious that Oklahoma St. had done their homework and did everything they could to take Young out of the game. If he can continue to put up the same kind of numbers, and adjust to the competition, who knows how high he'll get drafted. The Kings may not have a shot at him. Of course the other side of the coin is, he'll push another quality player further down in the draft..

The mystery man to some extent for me is Jaren Jackson. He'll block 5 shots in one game and grab 10 boards, but only take two shots and score 4 pts, but in the next game he'll score 15 pts on 6 or 7 shots, block a couple of shots, but only grab a couple of rebounds. I would like to see a complete game out of him. It's obvious he has talent, but I want to see the energy out of him that I see out of Bridges. Maybe the damm fouls has him spooked and he's afraid to be overly aggressive. He's definitely a top 6 or 7 pick though.

Marvin Bagley is the truth he just needs a respectable shot and he’s a 20-10 guy. You can’t teach his quickness at his size and his hook lefty is money.

And damn I forgot where the link was but scouts are saying how Coach K was saying Bagley has the mentality as the guys he coached at Team USA

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Marvin Bagley is the truth he just needs a respectable shot and he’s a 20-10 guy. You can’t teach his quickness at his size and his hook lefty is money.

And damn I forgot where the link was but scouts are saying how Coach K was saying Bagley has the mentality as the guys he coached at Team USA
Yeah, I watched the game, and it's hard to find too much fault with Bagley. Duke as whole didn't play that well, but Bagley did, and I believe he had 3 or 4 blocks in that game as well, to go along with, if memory serves, 32 pts. The one thing I have loved about Bagley from the beginning of the year is his motor. He gives you a 100% the whole time he's on the court. I could handle him and Willie playing along side each other. What an athletic front court that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.