The Official: Start Bogdan and WCS together thread

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here is how the young guys can get time and possibly expanded time. Don't suck at defense. It absolutely is the most important criteria, I believe, in Joerger playing the young guys. It's why Buddy has seen some fluctuations in PT, absolutely why Skal is limited as well as Papa. Malachi gets run when Joerger wants the switchables.

It's one pointless game against one of the greatest of all time.( Who was playing like he didn't give a rats azz) When Lebron is dialed in, Bogdan is no match. At the end of the season, The Cavs will be in the Finals again and Bogdan will be fishing in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in one game. Short term memory. Bogdan was lit up against the Clips a few nights earlier.

Give me more “pointless” games like this. I would not demean good defense against LeBron and if he could take our defender to the cleaners any time he wants then let him do it.

Last edited:
The thread flags two youngish players who have played well recently. The thread proposes expanding their roles and minutes.

I think this would be prudent. The expanded reps and responsibilities seem both appropriate and I’m totally comfortable with running the risk of losing a few more games during the (potential) growing pains.

Your responses reflects a desire to stay the course lest we stop racking up wins on the backs of veterans that are nba short timers.

This is why recasting the rebuild talk as folks only wanting LINS is nonsense. Moreover, the false choice of either chasing wis at the expense of development opportunities OR full blown trying to loose games to tank as the only options.

Expanding the roles of these players has both potential long term gains and mild risks of some moderate growing pains (which carry some mathematical benefits for those interested in math and looking more than 45 days out)
The coach (and the front office) is already doing what you suggest. They are giving a plethora of inexperienced players more playing time than they deserve in order to develop them. It is true that they did this on purpose because they chose the ratio of young platers to vets that they now have. Of course they will continue to play the vets since they are the best players we have and, if we didn’t, the results would be ridiculous and counter-productive to the development of our team.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see Bogs get 30 minutes a game; it doesn't matter whether he starts or not. As far as WCS is concerned, he needs to be continually reminded that it's OK to rebound out of his area. If WCS rebounds, I'd play him; if he doesn't, I wouldn't. It's up to him.

Bogdan is a really nice player and ready for more rope. The answer is simple. Play George Hill less. If you are worried about Hills trade value, fret not. He doesn’t have any.

Nobody wants 1 and 1/3 years of Hill at 19 per. And if you want to take back toxic assets to move off of Hill, that’s going to be there regardless of how much or well he plays in January

Bogdan is a really nice player and ready for more rope. The answer is simple. Play George Hill less. If you are worried about Hills trade value, fret not. He doesn’t have any.

Nobody wants 1 and 1/3 years of Hill at 19 per. And if you want to take back toxic assets to move off of Hill, that’s going to be there regardless of how much or well he plays in January
As usual I agree with you 100%. Hill was a bad acquisition that’s all there is to it. Still don’t hate Vlade but George Hill - I’ll be fine if I never see him on the court again. Huge disappointment

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would have preferred bringing back Collision and was hoping for Teodosic but I was happy with the Hill signing. But he's been a huge disappointment.

Why Joerger keeps him as a starter I'll never know. The Kings starting unit has dug a lot of holes for the bench and Hill is a big reason why.

I'm wondering if Bog is a better pg than Fox in the future. I hope Fox plays better when he comes back.
We all do. But how many 19 or 20 years old rookies tear the NBA up right out of the gate? Even Bogdan got off to a slow start this season and he is older than Fox and had experience playing Internationally.

Give the kid some time. We'd all like to see instant success, but that's not usually the case.

It's one pointless game against one of the greatest of all time.( Who was playing like he didn't give a rats azz) When Lebron is dialed in, Bogdan is no match. At the end of the season, The Cavs will be in the Finals again and Bogdan will be fishing in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in one game. Short term memory. Bogdan was lit up against the Clips a few nights earlier.
This is just a terrible take.

We all do. But how many 19 or 20 years old rookies tear the NBA up right out of the gate? Even Bogdan got off to a slow start this season and he is older than Fox and had experience playing Internationally.

Give the kid some time. We'd all like to see instant success, but that's not usually the case.
That's completely true and I am by no means suggesting otherwise. Bog might be a great pg. So could Fox. Maybe Bog could be better than Fox. Thx for not straw manning me like that other guy :)

Not instant success, but instant flashes.. he hasn’t been holding up that end of the bargain lately..

I understand the context that he might be an awkward fit with who he’s on the floor with, but that doesn’t excuse him from showing energy, impacting other areas etc..

Not instant success, but instant flashes.. he hasn’t been holding up that end of the bargain lately..

I understand the context that he might be an awkward fit with who he’s on the floor with, but that doesn’t excuse him from showing energy, impacting other areas etc..
Remember that PG is probably the most difficult position to learn in the NBA. For a recent example, look at Kris Dunn. Last year he averaged 3.8 pts on 38% shooting (29% from 3). He grabbed 2.1 rbs and had 2.4 assists. This season he is averaging 13.4 pts on 43% shooting (38% from 3). He is grabbing 4.6 rbs & dishing out 5.9 assists. And he came into the league at age 22, not 19.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Remember that PG is probably the most difficult position to learn in the NBA. For a recent example, look at Kris Dunn. Last year he averaged 3.8 pts on 38% shooting (29% from 3). He grabbed 2.1 rbs and had 2.4 assists. This season he is averaging 13.4 pts on 43% shooting (38% from 3). He is grabbing 4.6 rbs & dishing out 5.9 assists. And he came into the league at age 22, not 19.
He was handed the keys as soon as he got to Chicago, not having to worry about playing behind anyone and he can play mistake free knowing he will play 30+ minutes nightly.

He was handed the keys as soon as he got to Chicago, not having to worry about playing behind anyone and he can play mistake free knowing he will play 30+ minutes nightly.
You guys are both right.

Whaaaaaaaat.....??? 4 DNPs, then not his first start until 11/15 (12th game of the year), and then full time starter with the 15th game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dunnkr01/gamelog/2018

I kinda get your point, but he wasn't handed the keys as soon as he got to Chicago by any means.