[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Saturday, Dec. 23 - 7 PT

Let's see: Gasol - future HoF; Ginobli - ditto; Parker - wouldn't be surprised. Pops? I'm surprised they haven't voted him in already. Now look at the names on the Kings jerseys. It's the 4th quarter. Experience and discipline tells the tale. But at least our guys haven't just given up. And they'll learn more lessons from playing against these Spurs.
I have to agree. At least there is no sign of “give up” in them. But they have been abused on the boards and the bench gave them zilch.

Skal is MIA ? DNP-CD ? Could have used the length. Didn’t expect to win this one. Spurs are a top 4/5 team in the West. Kings are very young. Their vets played ok.

I look forward to Harry Giles playing.
Kosta Dufus really gives you nothing. No rebounds, no defense, no offense. He sometimes sets a screen that isn’t called illegal. He is a decent passer. But we are very soft when he is in the middle.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Will be interesting to see if the Spurs can make a run in the playoffs. Figure they have to get Leonard healthy to have a chance against the top teams.

I don't think Buddy came out of the second half until that 5 minutes left in the game......iirc
I'm following online.....but anyway remember the Clipper game?....Hield has ability to go lights-out; I guess Joerger didn't think so. Maybe wasn't to be tonight. Its a bit disheartening that they couldn't pull it in to make it closer. This Spurs team imo is not really impressive these days anyway...several of guys are close to retiring - and they will be back into spin-cycle fairly soon I think. Leonards' injury ought to be troubling for the franchise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have to agree. At least there is no sign of “give up” in them. But they have been abused on the boards and the bench gave them zilch.

Skal is MIA ? DNP-CD ? Could have used the length. Didn’t expect to win this one. Spurs are a top 4/5 team in the West. Kings are very young. Their vets played ok.

Kosta Dufus really gives you nothing. No rebounds, no defense, no offense. He sometimes sets a screen that isn’t called illegal. He is a decent passer. But we are very soft when he is in the middle.
Who started?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm following online.....but anyway remember the Clipper game?....Hield has ability to go lights-out; I guess Joerger didn't think so. Maybe wasn't to be tonight. Its a bit disheartening that they couldn't pull it in to make it closer. This Spurs team imo is not really impressive these days anyway...several of guys are close to retiring - and they will be back into spin-cycle fairly soon I think. Leonards' injury ought to be troubling for the franchise.
Are you kidding? This is one of these times when following online doesn't tell you much of anything. The Spurs we faced may not have been the Tim Duncan Spurs but they're still capable of ripping your heart out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Will be interesting to see if the Spurs can make a run in the playoffs. Figure they have to get Leonard healthy to have a chance against the top teams.
True. Looks like both Leonard and Green should be back for the first of the year. I'm betting Pops isn't gonna rush them along.

BUT at least they didn't give up. They were simply outplayed by a much better team. There's no shame in that whatsoever.
Really they matched the spurs through 3 quarters. The second quarter when the Kings brought in the Richardson, Mason, Jackson, Bogs and koufas was when the spurs made their move.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Coach: I'm not gonna overanalyze. They took us to school. They had 4 turnovers going into the 4th.

He went on to say how much the Kings have improved over the past 4 weeks. He's in a good mood but not making excuses. He's telling it like it is. We're a work in progress and they're the freaking Spurs.

Very complimentary about Mason, saying his next level is to learn not to get in so deep that he traps himself.

From me: It's a GREAT night to be a Kings fan.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LOL.

Coach: "I'm not trying to over-explain. I'm just trying to give you the Full Monty." LOL

(I'm thinking he may remember the movie but doesn't remember what the Full Monty actually was.)

He took one more question and then said, "Shall we leave it at that? Merry Christmas you guys!"

I like that. And I like him. And I like feeling good about the future of the Kings.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

If you saw the Spurs ball movement, I think you would change the not impressive comment.

Koufas is fine for what he does. He just can't be the center piece for the second unit, which for this game he was.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
True, the bench lost Buddy’s firepower. Frank has looked tired. Hitting That rookie wall maybe ?
Joerger touched on Mason in the post-game. He said they've been working him hard. I think the next couple of days rest is gonna be good for them all. One thing about a young team is they recover pretty quickly.

LOL! Post-game showing the snowball scene from ELF with Buddy Hield in the title role. Good work by the video crew.

LOL.

Coach: "I'm not trying to over-explain. I'm just trying to give you the Full Monty." LOL

(I'm thinking he may remember the movie but doesn't remember what the Full Monty actually was.)

He took one more question and then said, "Shall we leave it at that? Merry Christmas you guys!"

I like that. And I like him. And I like feeling good about the future of the Kings.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
I agree ! I find myself loving this team, no matter what the outcomes of games. I see growth in most of the young players. Skal and Fox really need all the minutes they can get. Fox’s injury is very bad timing. Skal has regressed a bit. Malachi has not made many strides yet. But I have been encouraged by Buddy, Bogy, and even JJ has shown glimpses. More game time will help these guys improve.

Joerger touched on Mason in the post-game. He said they've been working him hard. I think the next couple of days rest is gonna be good for them all. One thing about a young team is they recover pretty quickly.

LOL! Post-game showing the snowball scene from ELF with Buddy Hield in the title role. Good work by the video crew.
Snowball scene was EPIC !

If you saw the Spurs ball movement, I think you would change the not impressive comment.
Not that impressive?! The Spurs.?! I am trying not to be insulting. But, Take a look at the lineup for the Spurs(Minus A Top 3 player in the NBA, Leonard)
They are one of the best teams in the league. They know how to scout, draft, and are incredibly smart and efficient. SPurs are like the Patriots, Kings are like the Browns. Pop is an utter genius. They will always compete for a championship every single year.

If Leonard was there tonite, KIngs would have been torched.

Koufas is fine for what he does. He just can't be the center piece for the second unit, which for this game he was.
The way the NBA is played today, a player like Kufos, unless he’s grabbing double digit rebounds and blocking shots or shooting 3’s, is sorta a liability. I think Harry Giles will get playing time and if he thrives, He will take minutes from Kufos

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not that impressive?! The Spurs.?! I am trying not to be insulting. But, Take a look at the lineup for the Spurs(Minus A Top 3 player in the NBA, Leonard)
They are one of the best teams in the league. They know how to scout, draft, and are incredibly smart and efficient. SPurs are like the Patriots, Kings are like the Browns. Pop is an utter genius. They will always compete for a championship every single year.

Um, read the post he's quoting. It was kingdivac who said, "This Spurs team imo is not really impressive these days anyway". Your point is well made and is in agreement with what parker and I were saying about the Spurs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The way the NBA is played today, a player like Kufos, unless he’s grabbing double digit rebounds and blocking shots or shooting 3’s, is sorta a liability. I think Harry Giles will get playing time and if he thrives, He will take minutes from Kufos
I think that's the hope/plan. That's why Koufos is still here IMHO. Once we see what Giles can do, KK may be off to another team.

Kings are like the Niners... young and making strides... Browns are stagnant and never progress

That comment is not so much for this game, which your right I didn't see, but more in general from memory of getting pasted and laying down against the Warriors last year once Leonard went down in the playoff. This is more or less the same team, and its one regular season game. This Spurs team probably will make the playoffs without Leonard, but they aren't going anywhere without 'em.....Ginobli will all but certainly retire..... Gasol likely, and maybe Parker depending on health. That's a big chunk of their experience.