[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Thursday, Dec. 14 - 5 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On the road again...

This road trip features 4 games in cold cities wih a back to back at the end (Minnesota, Toronto, Philadelphia and Brooklyn). I've never understood the reasoning behind back-to-backs on the road. The games themselves are tough enough, without tossing in travel and lack of sleep and possible weather delays.

The Timberwolves - Towns, Butler, Wiggins and co - are currently 4th in the Western Conference. They're good. They also feature a player whose name always reminds me of one of my favorite Robin Williams movies. :p

This is not gonna be an easy game for the Kings...or for Coach Joerger. There are matchup tiger pits all over the court. To add to the mix, we have TWO players in the requisite "We used to be on the Kings so we have to show them how good we are" club - Cole Aldrich and Aaron Brooks.

On the coaching side, there was a time when some of us were interested in Tom T. as a possible Kings coach. Of course, there are very few coaches we haven't tossed around as possibilities at some time or another. This is going to be an interesting game to watch from the viewpoint of coaching strategy.

My purple-tinted glasses are still firmly in place. It's a good time to be a Kings fan.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Thibs is playing his starters massive minutes. Typical of him....wonder if he looks at us as a chance to reduce minutes for starters.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Thibs is playing his starters massive minutes. Typical of him....wonder if he looks at us as a chance to reduce minutes for starters.
it won't be long before he wears down his core players, it's inevitable with a Thibs coached team. Look at what happened to Rose & Noah. Gibson magically has survived so far.

it won't be long before he wears down his core players, it's inevitable with a Thibs coached team. Look at what happened to Rose & Noah. Gibson magically has survived so far.
Gibson survived cause he split playing time with Boozer/Noah he never really averaged huge playing time as a 6th man but Deng was the one who really got destroyed by Thibs. Prior to this year of playing 33mpg he averaged between 20-29 which is sustainable.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I am patiently waiting Bodgan's shot to come back and for Fox to develop his shot and we'll have a nice little guard core of Fox,Mason,Buddy,Bogie. I dont mind having Jakarr out there at 3 instead of Temple, his shot has been pretty bad this year

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The Timber wolves are actually quite a poor defensive team despite having athletic good players and Thibs coaching them. I always thought KAT was a bit soft. This should be an interesting game.

I am patiently waiting Bodgan's shot to come back and for Fox to develop his shot and we'll have a nice little guard core of Fox,Mason,Buddy,Bogie. I dont mind having Jakarr out there at 3 instead of Temple, his shot has been pretty bad this year
I don't like his step back J. He seems to not have his legs under him after that move.

I’m not surprised if true. He’s been awesome as our big scorer off the bench. He still has a long way to go, of course, as he continues to be turnover prone and makes a lots of bad decisions on D. But his rebounding is superb for a 6-4 SG.
To me the D is the key. He can be quite valuable as a 3 and D wing but he has to improve his D. I would like to see his game like a smaller better shooting J. Brown.

With Mason and Bogie we have enough ball handlers.

To me the D is the key. He can be quite valuable as a 3 and D wing but he has to improve his D. I would like to see his game like a smaller better shooting J. Brown.

With Mason and Bogie we have enough ball handlers.
I agree. (Surprise!)
And if he doesn’t become a 2-way player, he can still be our version of Jamal Crawford. There’s always a need for instant offense off the bench, right? But add the D and be even more valuable.