College Bowl Games Pick Em

I was wondering if we had enough college football fans who would want to participate in a free confidence points pick em for the bowl games (ALL games)? If enough people show interest, I can take the lead on this bad boy and make it happen (very easy to set up).

Confidence points w/ NO point spread(s).

Let me know if you're interested and I will set this up. :)

I was wondering if we had enough college football fans who would want to participate in a free confidence points pick em for the bowl games (ALL games)? If enough people show interest, I can take the lead on this bad boy and make it happen (very easy to set up).

Confidence points w/ NO point spread(s).

Let me know if you're interested and I will set this up. :)
Bump...

As I said in my initial post, if we have enough interest, I do not mind setting this bad boy up. :)

Against the spread? Why not just a simple pick the winner? Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the need to tweak things. :)
Because "just picking the winner" is way too easy, as most will bank on the favorites. Adding the point spread adds a new element to the game, as you will probably see more underdogs being picked, either because people think that they're gonna win the game, or will still cover the spread in a loss...

Your game. Your rules. Carry on.

:)
Since you seem to be (are) a nice individual, I'll make it a straight, no confidence, no point spread, pool. I'll still run the confidence points one, but will also open a non confidence, straight, pick em. No point spread. You're very welcome, VF21, and you can be the 2nd entry into the pool, should you wish. :)

College Bowl Games Pick Em - Confidence Points - No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, LoungeLizard
College Bowl Games Pick Em - No Confidence Points, No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, VF21

If you want to sign up for either pool (both free and for fun/bragging rights), please let me know. Deadline to sign up will be December 15th, as the 1st set of bowl games kick off on the 16th.

I will use some kind of a weighting system for the non-confidence points pool, especially when it comes to both semi-final games and the National Championship game. All other bowl games will be worth 1 point, while both semi-final games will be worth significantly more, and the National Championship worth significantly more than those.

Please let me know which pool(s) you would like to participate in. My wish/goal is to make this an annual tradition, and I am more than happy to be in charge of both pools.

College Bowl Games Pick Em - Confidence Points - No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, LoungeLizard
College Bowl Games Pick Em - No Confidence Points, No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, VF21

If you want to sign up for either pool (both free and for fun/bragging rights), please let me know. Deadline to sign up will be December 15th, as the 1st set of bowl games kick off on the 16th.

I will use some kind of a weighting system for the non-confidence points pool, especially when it comes to both semi-final games and the National Championship game. All other bowl games will be worth 1 point, while both semi-final games will be worth significantly more, and the National Championship worth significantly more than those.

Please let me know which pool(s) you would like to participate in. My wish/goal is to make this an annual tradition, and I am more than happy to be in charge of both pools.

Both pools are free to join!!!

Let me know if you want in; Let's get some more KingsFans to join in on the fun!!!

ok so explain to me the confidence points system? If we aren't using spreads I think that would be more fun than just a straight pick em.
You rank your predictions according to your level of confidence in the team you pick to win.

In a 10 game schedule, you will assign 10 points to the team/game in which you are most confident that your selected team will win, and you go down until you assign all 10 games a confidence point, with the least confident of your selections obviously only getting 1 point. If your selected team wins their game, you get however many confidence points you assigned to that game.

If your team doesn't win, you get 0 points.

You may not assign the same confidence point value more than once...

I hope that clarifies things up a bit...

With day 1 of the College Bowl Games in the books, we have a tie at the top of the leaderboard, with both LoungeLizard and eMBarkat10n correctly predicting 5 out of the first 6 bowl games. pdxKingsFan ends day 1 in 3rd place, having correctly predicted 4 out of 6 games, and VF21 is close behind, having correctly predicted 3 out of 6 games. We have a break for the next 2 days, with the next bowl game being scheduled for Tuesday.

Dec 16 Standings.PNG

After Florida Atlantic's blowout victory over Akron tonight, LoungeLizard falls into a 2nd place tie with pdxKingsFan, with both having 5 points, while eMBarkat10n takes over sole possession of 1st place, with 6 points. VF21 is in 4th place with 4 points.

Dec 19 Standings.PNG

By being the only person to correctly predict a Louisiana Tech victory over SMU in today's bowl game, VF21 has moved into a 3-way tie with LoungeLizard and pdxKingsFan for 2nd place with 5 points. eMBarkat10n leads the pack with 6 points.

Dec 20 Standings.PNG

As a result of Temple's big win over Florida International today, VF21 and pdxKingsFan have leapfrogged LoungeLizard in the overall standings. eMBarkat10n still leads the pack, having correctly predicted 7 of the first 9 bowl games. VF21 and pdxKingsFan both have 6 points, while LoungeLizard has cooled off a bit, and sits in 4th place with 5 points.

Dec 21 Standings.PNG

With pdxKingsFan correctly predicting Ohio's win over UAB, and eMBarkat10n, VF21, and LoungeLizard all correctly predicting Wyoming's win over Central Michigan, no changes occurred in the overall standings.

Dec 22 Standings.PNG

By being the only person to correctly predict a victory for both Army and Appalachian State, VF21 has moved into sole possession of 1st place, with 9 points. eMBarkat10n and pdxKingsFan both have 8 points, while LoungeLizard has 7.

Dec 23 Standings.PNG

Last edited:
After Fresno State's win over Houston in today's Hawai'i Bowl, VF21 enters the double-digit wins category, now having correctly predicted 10 bowl games. eMBarkat10n and pdxKingsFan still find themselves tied for 2nd place with 9 wins. And, by being the only person to pick Houston to beat Fresno State, LoungeLizard now finds himself 2 games out of 2nd place and 3 games behind VF21 for 1st.

Dec 24 Standings.PNG