[Game] Kings v. Bucks - Tuesday, Nov. 28 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Heart
Hustle
Energy
Effort

If it wasn't such a major expedition to get to G1C, especially on short notice, I'd be there for this game. The excitement about these young Kings is almost palpable. The symbiotic relationship between the players and the fans is starting to grow...and it will grow exponentially as they learn their roles.

Going into the second game of a back-to-back is a lot easier when you beat the reigning champs on their home turf the night before. The guys are starting to develop trust in each other, and that's the keystone to future success.

All things considered, it's still a very good time to be a Kings fan!! :)

Heart
Hustle
Energy
Effort

If it wasn't such a major expedition to get to G1C, especially on short notice, I'd be there for this game. The excitement about these young Kings is almost palpable. The symbiotic relationship between the players and the fans is starting to grow...and it will grow exponentially as they learn their roles.

Going into the second game of a back-to-back is a lot easier when you beat the reigning champs on their home turf the night before. The guys are starting to develop trust in each other, and that's the keystone to future success.

All things considered, it's still a very good time to be a Kings fan!! :)
It's ALWAYS a good time to be a Kings fan. ALWAYS.

I hope we don't allow this to be that one "trap" game that seems to pop up in our schedule a couple of times a year...We can beat the Bucks. And to do that, we can't beat ourselves.

Joerger played no player over 30 minutes in the GSW win. Most played less. So they should not be exhausted unless it is from the emotion of winning or the celebration. The Bucks are a very good team that is well coached. It will be a tough game make no mistake.

The Kings are deep and need to shoot a good percentage to win this game. I think they can do it:)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
make Giannis a jump shooter and you have a chance. If the team defends him the wrong way, it will be a dunk and lay up fest all game long. Kings spoil us with a Dubs win so hopefully this isn't a downer type of game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing about the Bucks is that the Greek Freak is now a top five player in the league. The other thing about the Bucks is that they're a very long team but also surprisingly inept when Giannis isn't there to bail them out.. And Jason Kidd also has them playing at a pace almost as slow as ours despite have the equivalent of a fast break nuclear bomb on his roster for some reason.

And also, eff Jason Terry.

Dare the Greek Freak to shoot from the perimeter (easier said than done). On the other end, Bledsoe is probably going to make life difficult for our point guards but Bogie might be able to take at the 2 guard slot.

The biggest issue with the Bucks (since it's the team I follow closely for the past 4 years), is that there are currently: 1 Center ( Henson who is a good blocker, but very immature, soft, and foul prone) and Maker who is not a C but since he is 7.1 they feed him and bulk him up, in order to make him one. At the moment he is getting pushed by any average C in the league and with the stronger ones (like the time he faced S.Adams) is borderline rape.

Also there is apparently an order to allow opponents to shoot open 3s (Jazz made a franchise record 2 nights ago ) :D
As long as there is no other person who needs to be guarded in the paint, you have to double team Giannis and take all the open 3s you can get. I am pretty sure B.hield will score a lot.

So there is a good chance for the Kings. If however Giannis is on a good night and you have trouble guarding him and Middleton, Snell , Brogdon find their streak. Then it's tough.
It would be an interesting game and I wish it wasn't at 4 am here, because i can't take the day off tomorrow and will be like zombie all day long :D

I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Therefore, I will pull off a VF21, and DVR it, watch it later, and add in my 2 (ore more) cents after I do so (Might be a couple of days before that happens, so you'll have to bear with me)...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
WCS played great in his perimeter defense in the GS game. I'd like to see him on the Freak. Nobody is going to stop him, but let's see if WCS is up to the challenge of slowing him down a bit.
I'd also like to see Bogs on him, he has the strength and length to disrupt what he wants to do

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Apparently reading around there seems to be an idea that their defense is so bad because of Jason Kidd's defensive schemes and ideas, I agree that they have great defenders but their team defense and ideals are quite bad

So am I the only one who could easily skip the first quarter and watch the game when the second group comes in. The first group does iso ball or one pass and a shot. Group 2 moves the ball quickly looking for the open player. Bogs and Willie have a chemistry that is fun to watch.

So am I the only one who could easily skip the first quarter and watch the game when the second group comes in. The first group does iso ball or one pass and a shot. Group 2 moves the ball quickly looking for the open player. Bogs and Willie have a chemistry that is fun to watch.
I'm with you. I enjoy watching the second group more than the first. More so now that Bogs, Heild, Mason and WCS are in it (not so much before).

Did people hear the coach's (I think it was E. Turner) comments at the beginning of the third quarter? He was asked about the disastrous 3rd quarter performance in the Clippers game as well as other games this year. He said that they feel like the players weren't warming up enough and were coming in without a sweat. So against the Warriors they came out of halftime early to build up a sweat. Was this also a problem that resulted in their slow starts. Hopefully, the solution is as simple as 5 minutes extra of warm-up time.

But I see "Make Giannis a jump-shooter" a lot and really, that's a far worse way to defend him. All you're doing by giving him space is room to get a full head of steam going towards the rim, which has proven to be unstoppable thus far. He can get to the rim in 1 stride, giving him the space to do so is only helping what he wants to do best.

Basically he's in the LeBron/Steph/Durant/Harden tier of player now where you accept the likely ass-whoopin' they're going to give and you make sure the ancillary guys (Brogdon/Middleton/Bledsoe) stay under control.

I would like to see WCS get a crack at him though. He's one of the few guys in the NBA with the size/quickness/length who can actually somewhat match-up with him. In theory, it could work.

But I see "Make Giannis a jump-shooter" a lot and really, that's a far worse way to defend him. All you're doing by giving him space is room to get a full head of steam going towards the rim, which has proven to be unstoppable thus far. He can get to the rim in 1 stride, giving him the space to do so is only helping what he wants to do best.

Basically he's in the LeBron/Steph/Durant/Harden tier of player now where you accept the likely ass-whoopin' they're going to give and you make sure the ancillary guys (Brogdon/Middleton/Bledsoe) stay under control.

I would like to see WCS get a crack at him though. He's one of the few guys in the NBA with the size/quickness/length who can actually somewhat match-up with him. In theory, it could work.
Can you double him? Do they have shooters that will kill you and will Giannis hit them?

I haven't watched them at all.

Can you double him? Do they have shooters that will kill you and will Giannis hit them?

I haven't watched them at all.
Think LeBron's ability to get to the rim and imagine a level above that... that's Giannis. He's honestly might be the greatest ever at collapsing the paint and getting to the rim already. You can pack the paint all you want against him (and teams try) but his combination of size/length/quickness and now strength is just something we've never seen before in the NBA. It seriously just doesn't matter the defense against him, he just gets to the rim when he wants. He'll never be the passer LeBron is, but he's far above average and very capable and willing passer.

61% TS on 32% USG with a 11% TOV rate WITHOUT taking 3s is just absolutely absurd. All that says is defenses know exactly how Giannis wants and will try to score and he just does it at incredibly elite efficiency.

And yeah, Middleton/Brogdon/Snell and sometimes Bledsoe can all get hot from 3 and burn is. Gotta stay on them

Think LeBron's ability to get to the rim and imagine a level above that... that's Giannis. He's honestly might be the greatest ever at collapsing the paint and getting to the rim already. You can pack the paint all you want against him (and teams try) but his combination of size/length/quickness and now strength is just something we've never seen before in the NBA. It seriously just doesn't matter the defense against him, he just gets to the rim when he wants. He'll never be the passer LeBron is, but he's far above average and very capable and willing passer.

61% TS on 32% USG with a 11% TOV rate WITHOUT taking 3s is just absolutely absurd. All that says is defenses know exactly how Giannis wants and will try to score and he just does it at incredibly elite efficiency.

And yeah, Middleton/Brogdon/Snell and sometimes Bledsoe can all get hot from 3 and burn is. Gotta stay on them
Wow that's crazy good efficiency. He gets to the rim better than Lebron:eek:? I need to work less and watch more basketball:p. Should be fun. Looking at his shot chart he must be crazy good and getting to the rim. I'm sure everyone and their dog tries to make him a shooter. Given his numbers it doesn't appear that anyone has done so with much success.