Looking back ...

I think the best fit for the Kings is the guy everyone is scared of Porzingis. I don't understand how he can be considered the biggest BOOM or BUST player? Those guys are the freak athlete, Darius Miles, type of guys that are extreamly raw and have very little developed skillset but their freak athletisim puts them in a special class. Porzingis has skills AND is an excellent athlete at the age of 18! Don't be afraid of him because of Darkos storyline. As silly as that line of thinking is it is the MAIN reason I read of why to stay away from this kid. There are plenty of star and solid foreign players for every Darko. No need to stereotype based on that stuff. Look at the kid individually and what he brings. Of course he has holes. All the prospects do. But what makes his more BUST potential than any of the other players? His slight frame? He is 18 guys he has a lot of growing to do. I think it is great that the biggest knock on him has to do with adding some muscle to his frame and his biggest strengths are developed skills that compliment Cousins wonderfully! The dude can shoot! I think this makes him safer than a lot of players because he is a great athlet AND he can shoot! People have long time wanted us to bring in the stretch 4 Ryan Anderson type of player...big downside to there is the lack of D. From what I gather there is plenty to believe Porzingins not only be a fine shooter to help stretch the floor, but also has the athletic ability and the DESIRE to defend. He has good quickness combined with his length to be a fine Pick N Roll Defender and to help as an off ball shotblocker, which are 2 of the biggest reasons people want WCS so much. Porzingins has the tools and the DESIRE to play D. On D I think Porzingins is a good fit for our personel. Cousins defends the post guy and Porz the other guy. On offense the fit is obvious as Porz sstretches the floor or uses his speed for setting pics, off ball movement, alley oops or offensive tips.

He is a gifted 7ft athlete that at the age of 18 has already developed some nice skills that complement Cousins game. Whats the big knock on him..He is slight of frame but he is only 18! So what? I don't see this as too big of a deal because of the monster he will be playing next too. So what he can't pound the boards...we have COUSINS. There will be no rebounds even available in there because the boogie man will be eating them.
If only he slipped a little lower in draft :(

Could have had Turner or Booker can't complain there were many good players after WCS and we blew it, great call on Zinger but. I really hope we didn't blow it again this year based on Hield late season surge by passing up on the likes of Donovan Mitchell.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I remember reading a lot of pre draft rumors saying he was Vlade's guy too.

People around here were pissed that there was even a CHANCE we'd draft 'Zinger, including myself.

Boy would I love to be eating crow on that one right about now. ..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Let me see, Joe Kleine instead of Karl Malone. Not as bad, but Kenny Smith instead of Kevin Johnson. Jimmer Fredette instead of either Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard. Thomas Robinson instead of either Damian Lillard or Harrison Barnes. Ben McLemore instead of C.J. McCullum. Of course hindsight is 100% as they say, but if we had drafted differently, we'd likely be a playoff team and we would probably still have Cousins on the team. That's a poor memory lane to go down, so I won't continue. Looking ahead now!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let me see, Joe Kleine instead of Karl Malone. Not as bad, but Kenny Smith instead of Kevin Johnson. Jimmer Fredette instead of either Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard. Thomas Robinson instead of either Damian Lillard or Harrison Barnes. Ben McLemore instead of C.J. McCullum. Of course hindsight is 100% as they say, but if we had drafted differently, we'd likely be a playoff team and we would probably still have Cousins on the team. That's a poor memory lane to go down, so I won't continue. Looking ahead now!
That's the one that really hurts, possibly because I have the jersey to commemorate the stupidity.

At least Quincy making the HOF !

http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...tes-why-quincy-douby-ru-hall-famer/783003001/