[NBA] Comments that don't merit their own thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Nets were the team that signed him to that massive offer sheet so they certainly liked him last year, but I'm not sure after watching him last season why they'd sign up for more of that.

Also, how many wings do the Nets have now? DeMarre Carroll, Caris LeVert, Archie Goodwin, Joe Harris, Sean Kilpatrick, Rondae Hollis-Jeferson and now Crabbe?
RHJ slides to PF for them quite often, from what I recall (at least, I remember him having PF eligibility in fantasy). I imagine Carroll may do the same.

In some ways, they are kinda "deep" at every position but center, but deep in the sense they they have a bunch of serviceable players but no one that really blows you away.

RHJ slides to PF for them quite often, from what I recall (at least, I remember him having PF eligibility in fantasy). I imagine Carroll may do the same.

In some ways, they are kinda "deep" at every position but center, but deep in the sense they they have a bunch of serviceable players but no one that really blows you away.
Yeah, Sean Marks (I went to Cal with him) is trying hard to acquire talent in unconventional ways but so far it's seemingly just a lot of mediocre pieces.

That Celtics/Nets trade has to be one of the very worst in NBA history. I can't remember a franchise being so handicapped by one deal.

Yeah, Sean Marks (I went to Cal with him) is trying hard to acquire talent in unconventional ways but so far it's seemingly just a lot of mediocre pieces.

That Celtics/Nets trade has to be one of the very worst in NBA history. I can't remember a franchise being so handicapped by one deal.
Interesting you're talkin about an all-time worst trade involving the Celtics while naming a guy named Carroll. It was in 1980 that the Smelts had the 1st overall pick and sent it to GS for #4 and Parish. They took McHale at 4 and GS chose Joe Barry Carroll at 1. Joe Barely Cares. That was the fantasy I think Ainge held onto when he moved down to 3. Tatum appears to be a smooth player and is probably the real deal, but from what I've seen on Celtics boards, a lot of them don't even wanna mention the name Lonzo. Time will tell, but they may have bleeped that one up. Tatum does a lot of his scoring on the low block and baselines area. Head to head against Kyle Kuzma in that tournament, it didn't even appear that he outplayed him. Their averages were very close as are their physiques and heights. Difference is Kuzma was constantly running like a gazelle and hitting .45 from the arc. Seeing those skills from the 27th pick in the draft, it makes me wonder why Ainge was so high on a more conventional low post scorer. It'd be easier to understand 15 yrs ago, but not in 2017. I'm also interested in how Philly will shake out. On paper, the names pop out and I was melancholy at missing out on Simmons (especially when Russell turned out to be a tw..it). However, you put him and Fultz out there with one ball. How's that supposed to work? There have been more complimentary pairings that were strained due to the one ball phenomenon (Kobe and Shaq). Both are ball dominant and/or high usage in order to dominate games. I'm going on raw numbers because neither of them are known for lifting their college mates very far off the ground. Fultz is athletic as hell and a refined scorer, but is he gonna become a short SG, wut? Far as Lakers go, all those young'ns who've been hit and miss, they'd best improve next to Lonzo Ball or it'll be a clear indication that they never will. If Randle comes in all beast mode and still sucks 3 gms out of every 4, he's out. If he can't adapt to run and gun and hasn't learned to drive left, he's out. Mr. Clark's son, too. No more shot attempt whoring without trying on D. Nance has noticeably hit the weight bench and says he's practicing his perimeter shot. Watching Kuzma in that tournament hadto've sent a shiver down his spine. His spot is a little more secure than the other two, but not his minutes. Vlade, beware the Randle. Beware the Clarkson. Beware the moon. Stick to the roads. Pretend they're werewolves and stay away from both. That's my friendly Lakerfan warning to you.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
And some follow up:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/18/k...count-thunder-billy-donovan-russell-westbrook

It’s all nonsense. He proved nobody wrong. We all knew he was an incredible basketball player. The vast majority of us expected the Warriors to win another title when he showed up. And they did. So, you know: Kudos. But this doesn’t make him less of a follower.

Durant didn’t beat ’em, so he joined ’em. That’s not a criticism. It’s a historical fact.

And this clearly bothers Durant. I think he convinced himself he could silence everybody by winning a championship, and now he sees how silly that was.

I’ve written this before, but it needs to be said again: Nobody thinks Durant is a bad guy. He’s not a villain. He is a great player who used his free agency to take the easiest possible path to a championship. This was obvious last summer. It is obvious today.

He had a right to do that. I didn’t like it. Some people did. Well, that’s sports. We argue about this stuff, and that’s part of the fun. But while the move put Durant in line for multiple championships, it also put him in this awkward position, and there is no good way out of it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...itter-incident-disappointed-myself/682654001/

“The second I realized what I did, I felt like (expletive). Like I said, I look at that stuff as a joke and a big game. Sometimes when I’m in it, I take it too far and I’m in it too much, too deep. But it’s just out of sight, out of mind. I won’t fall into that problem again. I definitely have to move on and not worry about anybody on Twitter, even though it’s fun, you know what I mean?”

Enough said, in other words, with his hope now that everyone can move on.

“I’m moreso disappointed in myself, that I was acting so childish,” he said. “What I thought was a joke is serious to everybody else, and I lost sight of that and I apologize for that. But I’m going to move on. I’m going to move on, and I’m going to play basketball. You can take what you want from it, do what you want with it, but it happened. I’m going to take it on the chin and move on.”

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ng-down-on-james-hardens-foul-drawing-antics/

... The first of those rules is being labeled as the "Harden Rule" -- unofficially named after Houston Rockets All-Star James Harden -- which will attempt to limit players from collecting cheap shooting fouls. This rule is essentially an extension of the rip-through move that was recently instituted, and is being termed as the "Harden Rule" for Harden's knack of drawing cheap contact and earning free throws by leaping into would-be defenders.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd imagine the "Harden rule" will also be applied to players making an attempt at a shot when coming off a screen and a defender trails. So I would hope at least o_O

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
OKC trading Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott, and Chicago's 2018 2nd round pick to the Knicks for Melo.

Steven Adams/Collison
Carmelo/PPat/
Paul George/Jerami Grant/
Andre Roberson/
Russ/Felton

Not sure if this brings them any closer to being able to match up with the Warriors but it should at least be fun to watch.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the East loses another All-star, you wanted parity...well there will be plenty of bottom of the barrel teams scrapping it out in the Leastern Conference.

Melo, PG & Russ on the same team? There is only one ball to go around...o_O

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
There's a better than good chance that Dwight Howard might be an all-star again simply due to a lack of good name-recognition players.
I mean, seriously, think about it: you expect to see guys like LeBron, Antetokuonmpo, Love, Irving, Hayward, Walker, DeRozan, Lowry, etc. But, we're also a couple of ill-timed injuries away from potentially seeing: JJ Redick, All-Star... Tim Hardaway, Jr., All-Star.

Imagine James, Antetokuonmpo and Embiid get voted in as starters, and Love, Whiteside and Porzingis are selected as reserves... and then Embiid and Whiteside get injured, because of course they're gonna get injured... We could be looking at John Henson, NBA All-Star. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.