Summer League Game 6: Kings vs. Suns

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Didn't see a thread, figured I'd start one from court side.

Not dressed for Kings: Fox, Hield, Mason, Giles, Richardson.

Both Jacksons are dressed. I don't see Chriss.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Looks like nobody is watching. This would be a good thing. Go find something to do outside with the remaining daylight hours. Call your mother. Read a good book. Anything but watching this. Woof.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Papa hurt. Took a big fall on D. They seem to be attending the left hip. Been down a minute at least.

Can't bear weight on his left foot at all. Not good.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
At this point, I'm half convinced Justin Jackson might become the best player out of our draft class. Then I remember it's summer league

At this point, I'm half convinced Justin Jackson might become the best player out of our draft class. Then I remember it's summer league
He has a full NBA ready skillset. Spot shooting, good off ball player, high IQ, floaters, good passer, can handle the ball, pretty fast in open floor and with ball for wing, tries on defense, moves feet well on defense. The "won't defend anyone" talk on him seems way off imo. With his IQ, quickness and length he will be a solid defender. He kind of reminds me of Nicolas Batum, jack of all trades wing.

I couldn't be rude to ask why Papa had zero boards, but thankfully dude is ok. Have to remember he just turned 20, and how much he improved in a year

He has a full NBA ready skillset. Spot shooting, good off ball player, high IQ, floaters, good passer, can handle the ball, pretty fast in open floor and with ball for wing, tries on defense, moves feet well on defense. The "won't defend anyone" talk on him seems way off imo. With his IQ, quickness and length he will be a solid defender. He kind of reminds me of Nicolas Batum, jack of all trades wing.
THERE it is.

I've been trying to think of a comp for him the last few days on what his ceiling might be and this one is as solid as any. Seems like he's comfortable in any role on offense and I haven't seen anything in his game yet where I'm like "Ok, so he doesn't have ___ ability yet." Looks comfortable both spot-up shooting or playing on-ball as a playmaker. Good handle, gets up the floor well and pushes the break. Looks fluid on the floor like he knows where to be; no "chicken with the head cut off" syndrome. Several "right" passes where he found the open man for a good look. Floater looks absolutely lethal and I like his quick release on spot-up 3s. Defense is so hard to evaluate in SL because no one really has any defensive sets or coaching or familiarity with their teammates to make a well-reasoned assumption, so I'll leave that alone.