Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There's A LOT more to it than that. Moving across the world away from most of your family and friends just isn't something most people can just do at the drop of a hat. I'm not sure if he knows English or not (never heard him talk), but even if he does, it's still mightily intimidating. At least it would be to me.

Of course I have no idea if any of these things are affecting him or not, but it's not fair to expect anybody to just be cool with moving across the world when it's possibly one of the biggest life decisions he will ever have to make.
Your absolutely right. NBA fans, and that includes Kings fans, live in their own little bubble of reality. Everything becomes drama to them. And, it's not entirely their fault. National pundits feed into that kind of nonsense. Bog's is very likely to come over this year, but if for some reason he doesn't, it will have nothing to do with being afraid. I remember when Peja wanted to come over, but his parents were dead set against it, and almost convinced him not to. These players lead real lives, and dropping everything you've been doing and coming over to play in the NBA is a life changing move. It's not a soap opera on TV.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've been watching some of Bogdans games in Turkey and I see him as possibly being more of a natural play making SF honestly. One thing they also did a lot as well was switch screens where Bogdan guarded PF's and even some C's in the post. The results weren't fantastic but he didn't get steam rolled physically and I think with better team defense and digging down on the post up guy, in particular with Fox and his insanely quick hands, you could get away with it sometimes. The game is more physical over there and almost every screen I've seen is illegal so I think he'll find the NBA game more to his liking on both ends.
I have no idea how well he would play SF, but he has the physical attributes to play there, at least in certain situations. For instance, I don't think I want him guarding Kevin Durant, but I think he could match up with Gordon Haywood.

Andre Iguodala: 6' 6.75" in shoes, 217 lbs, 6'11" wingspan, 8'9.5" standing reach, and a 34.5" max vertical.

Bogdan Bogdanovic: 6'6.25" in shoes, 200 lbs, 6'11" wingspan, 8'8.25" standing reach, and a 35.9" max vertical.

As you can see, from a physical standpoint, there's no reason Bogdanovic can't play some SF. And for what it's worth, Richardson's spec's are very similar, although for some reason his standing reach, which to me is the important stat, is about 3 inches shorter than Iggy's, even though he has a 7 foot wingspan. Of course Iggy is as strong as an ox, so Bog's will need to get stronger. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a little point as well.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Kings pass on bringing in another PG through free agency. At least one that could be a starter, like a Patty Mills or a George Hill. I think that if they do sign another PG, it will be someone that's there for emergency purposes only. I could see them going with Fox and Mason as starter and backup, and use someone like Bogdanovic or Temple to fill in once in a while. This is about getting the young players experience. This isn't about win's and losses.

I don't want to be a party poop'er, but if you have dreams of making the playoff's this coming season, then your in for disappointment. This team is way too young. Young teams can be exciting to watch, and it's fun to see individual players grow. But young teams make mistakes, and usually with the game on the line. The NBA is a man's league, and it's hard to win with kids. Not impossible, but not likely. This all part of the rebuilding process and the young guys have to take their lumps. But they'll gain experience, and hopefully two or three years from now, they'll be ready to contend.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Kings pass on bringing in another PG through free agency. At least one that could be a starter, like a Patty Mills or a George Hill. I think that if they do sign another PG, it will be someone that's there for emergency purposes only. I could see them going with Fox and Mason as starter and backup, and use someone like Bogdanovic or Temple to fill in once in a while. This is about getting the young players experience. This isn't about win's and losses.
Interesting take... I think I'd be shocked if they don't sign a pg. Lawson, Milos, someone like that. Too much pressure on Fox otherwise.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Interesting take... I think I'd be shocked if they don't sign a pg. Lawson, Milos, someone like that. Too much pressure on Fox otherwise.
Just speculation on my part, but personally, I don't think Fox will have a problem with the pressure. Mason is NBA ready right now, so if you want to get both guys substantial minutes, your not leaving much time for anyone you sign in freeagency. That's why I think they might go with someone that has NBA experience, but is usually at the end of the bench. I could be wrong. We'll know soon.

It won't be easy for him to leave his team.

Basketball is much more emotional, IMHO, in these parts of Europe (Turkey, Greece, countries of former Yugoslavia... Israel too...),
and Bogdan is now facing a huge, organized, emotional fan campaign, running under the motto #StayInFenerBogdan ...
You are right that the game is played with much more emotion and Bogdan is a player that feeds off that fan energy but he is also someone who is calm on the court. While he loves it at Fener, I don't think the fan campaign will have any impact on his decision. He left Partizan when fans were begging him to stay. He left Partizan at the right time to go to Fener. While I have known Bogdan and his family since he was a little kid, I do not have anything "official" but my "reading of the tea leaves" tells me that he is most likely to be a Kings next season. I am 90% sure that he will come to the NBA.

As soon as the free agency starts, we will know more.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Not just that, but an injury (even mild, say a couple weeks for a sprained ankle or something) and we are in a bad situation. I think they will have to sign some kind of vet PG even if they don't play too much.

Your absolutely right. NBA fans, and that includes Kings fans, live in their own little bubble of reality. Everything becomes drama to them. And, it's not entirely their fault.
I find these to be a hyperbolic statements, but whatever. IMO, anyone that suggested fear has anything to do with his decision making is just being ridiculous.

Teodosic posted a pic with Bogdan from his wedding, the only one with another player.

https://mobile.twitter.com/milosteodosic4

Of course, it doesn't mean anything, but 1) at least they're close friends and not just teammates 2) we got as much money as anyone 3) we have two basketball legends from Serbia in the front office. Let me dream then.
I'm still 100% on board bringing Teodosic, even getting the 2 PGs in the draft. I can't think of a better tool for their development than bringing in his brilliant vision/footwork/bball IQ and playmaking ability for them to learn from. And since Teodosic and Mason can both shoot, I think there are ways 2 of Fox/Teo/Mason can work on the court together for stretches of the game.

Them bringing friends is definitely noteworthy. Having that person to lean on can make the transition that much easier as both move the U.S. I can imagine a conversation to where they talk about teaming up to show what the best of Europe can really do in the NBA or something like that.

Fwiw, Bruski posted something about Utah and Teodosic as in him going there if he come over. Doubt that he comes here
I posted somewhere else that a month or 2 back David Pick said something about Teodosic going to Utah.. It seems to make plenty of sense, especially if George Hill goes elsewhere.

HEre's the tweet;

@davidjsmith1232
Per @IAmDPick, "the Jazz are bound to shoot [Milos] Teodosic an offer sheet." Says the Jazz are in a lead position for his services. https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/864517075791994880 …

12:31 PM - 16 May 2017

CSKA will soon engage in one the greatest decisions the franchise had in a long time. Milos Teodosic - NBA or Europe? Several NBA GMs and scouts are eye-balling the Serbian wizard floor general. With ex-CSKA assistant Quin Snyder leading Utah into the second round of the playoffs with loads of international flavor, sources tell me the Jazz are bound to shoot Teodosic an offer-sheet. The Brooklyn Nets are also in active pursuit. People close to Teodosic estimate that he'll push for a deal in 3-years $25-30 million range.

So far I've heard that he'd definitely sign in New Jersey and then that Chicago was most likely and now that Utah is where he'll go.

Until he signs elsewhere I'm going to hope Vlade & co are making a big push for him.
I think our ship for Teodosic has sailed to be honest. He will want to play minutes and want to win. I doubt he would get those minutes in Sacramento and certainly would not be doing a whole heap of winning.

I always saw Utah as one of the favorites due to his relationship with their head coach while he was on the bench of CSKA Moscow.

I think our ship for Teodosic has sailed to be honest. He will want to play minutes and want to win. I doubt he would get those minutes in Sacramento and certainly would not be doing a whole heap of winning.

I always saw Utah as one of the favorites due to his relationship with their head coach while he was on the bench of CSKA Moscow.
Maybe. But if winning were the main goal then New Jersey and Chicago wouldn't have been in contention for his services.

And if Utah replaces Hill with Teodosic and loses Hayward then they won't be winning as many games either. If they were to keep Hill too then Milos wouldn't be the starter most likely.

I assume Vlade and/or Peja have some level of relationship with Teodosic and obviously Bogdanovic does. And I think he could be the Kings starting PG. I want Fox to be the guy but I like the idea of having a veteran start in front of him in the beginning. And even though Teodosic would technically be an NBA rookie he'd be a nearly ideal mentor for Fox in terms of running a team.

Maybe. But if winning were the main goal then New Jersey and Chicago wouldn't have been in contention for his services.

And if Utah replaces Hill with Teodosic and loses Hayward then they won't be winning as many games either. If they were to keep Hill too then Milos wouldn't be the starter most likely.

I assume Vlade and/or Peja have some level of relationship with Teodosic and obviously Bogdanovic does. And I think he could be the Kings starting PG. I want Fox to be the guy but I like the idea of having a veteran start in front of him in the beginning. And even though Teodosic would technically be an NBA rookie he'd be a nearly ideal mentor for Fox in terms of running a team.
You are right about Utah especially if they lose Hayward. Given that they traded up to draft Mitchell, I think it's pretty clear that they will not be looking to bring Hill back as Mitchell is his "perfect" long term replacement. Teodosic makes a lot of sense for Utah (if they keep Hayward) as a started (with Hill gone) for a couple of seasons while Mitchell gets up to speed with the NBA game and PG position in that system.

Headline news from Serbian media called "B92". Title of the news is "Bogdanović for B92 about mystery called NBA". And he said:
"I think that offer will come on 1st or 2nd July, and i should make a decision on July 4th or 5th. They are impatient, they are curious about lot of things, private things too. Of course Vlade has a big impact here. On his recommendation i went to Željko Obradović (Fenerbahce coach), we will see if i will go to Vlade at same way".

"I followed Kings, they changed the concept of the team, changed a roster. They bring Fox, who was #5 pick, and Jackson, who i watched in NCAA Finals. He didn't have the best game, but he was very aggressive. Type of player like Nikola Kalinić (his teammate)."

Okay, we have a date :D

Just speculation on my part, but personally, I don't think Fox will have a problem with the pressure. Mason is NBA ready right now, so if you want to get both guys substantial minutes, your not leaving much time for anyone you sign in freeagency. That's why I think they might go with someone that has NBA experience, but is usually at the end of the bench. I could be wrong. We'll know soon.
I think the Kings may do just that. Sign a veteran 3rd PG. Someone like Beno udrih or Ronnie price type emergency point guard.

I think the Kings are going to hand over the reigns of the team to Fox out of the gate.

I think the Kings may do just that. Sign a veteran 3rd PG. Someone like Beno udrih or Ronnie price type emergency point guard.

I think the Kings are going to hand over the reigns of the team to Fox out of the gate.
I have always liked Ronnie Price and he would be a perfect mentor, If not Price maybe Jordan Farmar

bajaden

Hall of Famer

To me, that makes sense. You never know when an injury might happen, so bringing in an emergency PG is logical. I just don't think they want to bring in a player that will compete with Fox for minutes, or complain about not getting minutes. They have proclaimed Fox the leader of the team (something I agree with), so I expect them to hand him the reigns of the team, and see what happens. Anyone that has seen Frank Mason play knows that he'll give Fox all the competition he needs or wants. The dude can ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.