If Bogdan was in the 2017 draft, where would he be picked?

OK so I know there is a Thread titled Bogdan Bogdanovic below. This thread is about where would he be picked in 2017? I'm pretty excited about seeing Bogdan in a Kings uniform. Also I think Vlade is getting little credit for fleecing the Suns in the trade that could bring one of the best European players to the Kings.

All that said if Bogdan was in the 2017 Draft where would he be picked?

I'm thinking top 10 for sure. I could see Bogdan picked anywhere from 3 to 10. He might be better than Fultz or Ball though with all the hype surrounding these young players it is a hard argument to make.

I think this conversation is crucial because Fans are not placing the correct value on Bogdan IMO.

Hard to see. Bogdan would be a 25yo rookie.. so I think the better question is, which teams in this draft would trade their pick for him?

No team in the top 10 would.. so he wouldn't warrant a top 10 pick.
13. Nuggets would think long and hard about it. However, they already have a longjam at SG with Gary Harris, Jamaal Murray, and Will Barton
14. Heat might be the first team to pull the trigger. They're in win-now mode and he would fit nicely on offense with them.
15. Portland wouldn't do it at 15. They're already at luxury tax, and Bogdan will command at least 8mpy.
16. Bulls might do this if they're continuing their win-now mode. Jimmy could run PG..and Bogdan would play SG.
17. Bucks would probably trade for Bogdanovic. He gives them the scoring upside they need, and it would slide everyone a position over

So realistically, he'd probably fetch a mid-to late 1st rounder. He would not warrant a trade with any team in the top 10. I don't see it happening. He'll already be 25. Why would you rather have a 25yearold Bogdan Bogdanovic over a 19yearold Malik Monk? You wouldn't.

Well...The Kings would without question draft him if he fell to number 10 would they not? So yes

I know Grant always says this(don't forget Bog-Dan-Bog-Dan-O-Vic..that's your third top 10 pick right there!) but I think what he means is he is talking about the talent level rather than irrelevant hypothetical draft position for a player already acquired(rights atleast)

Talent wise he is easily top 10 and NBA readiness is probably place him above the whole lot

We have seen euro guys go top 5 on the hope by the time they are Bogdans age they'll have his ability.

There's euro players who are projected top 15-20 who don't even get to play on their respective euro teams. Ntilikina doesn't have numbers or any significant samples. I have a hard time believing one of the best players in Europe who would most likely be the most NBA ready at a valued position wouldn't go top 10.

25 isn't old by any stretch since most of these 19 year old don't become impact players(even if they otherwise put up promising numbers) until their second contracts and their mid 20s anyway.

The same doesn't apply.. Its not like he enters at 25 and we wait until he's 29 to see if he develops. Bogdanovic is the player he is and he'll either make an impact right away or it doesn't work out but I couldnt imagine every team through 7-10 passing on him even if the Kings were out of equation and he was sure to come over. Like the Wolves for example would probably prefer a guy like Bogdanovic over another raw talent. Knicks and Mavs as well.

Last edited:
Hard to see. Bogdan would be a 25yo rookie.. so I think the better question is, which teams in this draft would trade their pick for him?

No team in the top 10 would.. so he wouldn't warrant a top 10 pick.
13. Nuggets would think long and hard about it. However, they already have a longjam at SG with Gary Harris, Jamaal Murray, and Will Barton
14. Heat might be the first team to pull the trigger. They're in win-now mode and he would fit nicely on offense with them.
15. Portland wouldn't do it at 15. They're already at luxury tax, and Bogdan will command at least 8mpy.
16. Bulls might do this if they're continuing their win-now mode. Jimmy could run PG..and Bogdan would play SG.
17. Bucks would probably trade for Bogdanovic. He gives them the scoring upside they need, and it would slide everyone a position over

So realistically, he'd probably fetch a mid-to late 1st rounder. He would not warrant a trade with any team in the top 10. I don't see it happening. He'll already be 25. Why would you rather have a 25yearold Bogdan Bogdanovic over a 19yearold Malik Monk? You wouldn't.

Bogdan will be 25 August 18. As to your question I highlighted in red. You would take Bogdan over Monk if you wanted a 6' 6" seasoned player who is NBA ready. He has been in a pro league for 7 years and is one of the best players in Europe. The only reason you take Monk is if you want him for the cheap Rookie contract.

He'd be in the discussion starting at our pick #5 and wouldn't make it past #9 imo. Isaac, Smith, and Bogdan would probably be the guys teams seven thru nine are choosing between. But really if it's our pick and Fox is gone I think he'd be in the discussion with Tatum, Monk, and whoever else.

20-35 ish. His age makes this a funky call. Ntilikina is definitely a better prospect in my book, Frank is just scratching the surface of his talent.

Bogdanovic has a very polished and well rounded game, to me, Cool Hand Luke Kennard projects as a more natural scorer. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents. I'm glad to see the hype for him at these levels though, I always swore he was a 1st rd talent back when he was selected.