[Game] Kings v. Rockets - 4/9/17 - 3PT/6ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
upload_2017-4-8_14-24-42.png

Clutch the Bear is the current mascot for the Houston Rockets. The original mascot was a rocket named Booster. From 1993 to 1995, the Rockets had "Turbo." In 1995, they debuted a second mascot - Clutch - who was a co-mascot until 2003 when Turbo retired. - from Wikipedia

Houston comes into G1C for our 80th game of the season. It's pretty certain the Kings will once again be playing with a very short roster. No idea what the Rockets will do, however. They're firmly entrenched in 3rd place in the West and don't need to win and can absorb a loss. They play the Clippers on Monday, however, so they may be "resting" players before that matchup. :p

If I had to guess on our available players, I'd go with:

WCS
Skal
Papa G
Buddy
Galloway
Ben
Evans
Temple

I want to see a good game. And I don't want to see James Harden...or Nene...or Ryan Anderson.

#GoKings

Final Countdown: 3 games to go.

(Don't forget it's an early game!)

We never managed to beat the Rockets this season. Never even got to have a close game with them...

Think you know how it ends?

A fan has got to do
what a fan ha
s got to do...
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for game #80:
At G1C vs the Rockets, Sunday 4/9, 3pm
Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (In 3.5 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

Prediction Game Stats:
Grading
Bla bla... ( View attachment 5791 )
Prediction Rules
Yada yada... ( View attachment 6251 )
List of all predictors in order of appearance:
And to you, prediction rookies... :D
It's never too late to start...
@carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie.[

Last edited:
Rockets are just a boring club. It used to be that high scoring and three point heavy teams were automatically entertaining but even when they are totally on, it's boring.

It seems i innovated this style of play in the late 90's when i was playing NBA Live on Playstation 1. Use the player with the highest rating for everything(usually a created player) so he can have a triple double and just jack up threes with the rest of the scrubs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Rockets are just a boring club. It used to be that high scoring and three point heavy teams were automatically entertaining but even when they are totally on, it's boring.

It seems i innovated this style of play in the late 90's when i was playing NBA Live on Playstation 1. Use the player with the highest rating for everything(usually a created player) so he can have a triple double and just jack up threes with the rest of the scrubs.
Considering they do nothing but chuck up three's...yeah, it's boring. That's the Mike D'Antoni way, under 7 seconds or less!

Considering they do nothing but chuck up three's...yeah, it's boring. That's the Mike D'Antoni way, under 7 seconds or less!
Seems Phoenix had something more to them.

Maybe they just had more grace, flare, and overall personality.

There is something ugly about Houston. Maybe it's Hardens whistle baiting style that seems suited for a grinding half court style of play and the rest of the guys are strictly defined by their ability to hit open threes and nothing else. No above the rim and pick n roll beast like Amare, no two way stud like Marion, no enforcer like Bell, no second playmaker like Diaw...

I suppose D'antonis PHX teams were just considerably more dynamic and better.

Seems Phoenix had something more to them.

Maybe they just had more grace, flare, and overall personality.

There is something ugly about Houston. Maybe it's Hardens whistle baiting style that seems suited for a grinding half court style of play and the rest of the guys are strictly defined by their ability to hit open threes.

I suppose D'antonis PHX teams were already considerably more dynamic and better.
Steve Nash with his finesse style, Prime Amare going beast mode, The Brazilian blur barbosa, Prime Matrix, and raja bell. How can you not enjoy that squad?

watching these players jump into a defenders arms when not even in the motion of shooting is despicable to the game of basketball, atrocious officiating and the fact that they give the offensive players free throws for that is silly. :confused:
Even if you're are rockets fan how can you watch that garbage Lou/Harden put up

4:59pm Sunday April 9th, 2017

I became a Clint Capela fan
Guys like him, AD, KAT and WCS are the future "archetype" of the C position. We're just at a point in the NBA where your big man HAS to be able to at least show on the perimeter and have the ability to show and recover on a PnR ball-handler.