Meanwhile in Reno...

I love how much better Papa moves than the start of the season. I find it funny how committed he is to that baby hook at times. It looks like guys are just asking him to do something else but he doesn't. It's really an unstoppable shot if he's hitting it, but I kinda wish he'd add another move or two. He's still quite young so imagine he has time.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I love how much better Papa moves than the start of the season. I find it funny how committed he is to that baby hook at times. It looks like guys are just asking him to do something else but he doesn't. It's really an unstoppable shot if he's hitting it, but I kinda wish he'd add another move or two. He's still quite young so imagine he has time.
Let him perfect what he is good at before adding more to his game. We haven't seen that almost never ending use of the baby hook (;)) against real NBA thugs.

Papa with 5 blocks in this game and 6 blocks the previous game. Been impressive in that aspect. Has had at least one block in every game this year.

The main thing that's still concerning is his +/- stat. Seems as if he's been a negative player in nearly every game this year. Anyone here watch any full games that can explain why?

The other night Papa went head to head with Ivica Zubac of the Lakers. The promising rookie center that a lot of folks were complaining about being better than any of our rookies.

Papa had 22 and 11 and Zubac had 18 and 11. Both looked good in their highlights although Zubac made Papa look stupid a few times. Papa has a ways to go on defense. On the bright side he finally used his left hand on a hook shot and it looked good.

Either way if these men had met head to head during the first month of the season, I have a feeling Zubac would have destroyed him. Seems like Papa is progressing nicely.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The other night Papa went head to head with Ivica Zubac of the Lakers. The promising rookie center that a lot of folks were complaining about being better than any of our rookies.

Papa had 22 and 11 and Zubac had 18 and 11. Both looked good in their highlights although Zubac made Papa look stupid a few times. Papa has a ways to go on defense. On the bright side he finally used his left hand on a hook shot and it looked good.

Either way if these men had met head to head during the first month of the season, I have a feeling Zubac would have destroyed him. Seems like Papa is progressing nicely.
Big Papa has physical skills and came to the league without a clue of how to play NBA basketball.

Zubac had a couple of nice moves and I see the attraction to him. I love the way that Papagiannis runs the floor for a big guy. He runs rim to rim on the fast break and it leads to easy baskets. I also saw a left handed hook in that game against Zubac to go along with his patented right hand hook. If he can hit that hook with either hand he'll be a consistent scorer in the post.

The biggest concern on defense from me is his slow feet. He's a good athlete but he's a little slow-footed which will cause problems against quicker guys. I think as he becomes more savvy his feel for what guys are doing will get better and he'll anticipate better but that really only comes with experience. I'm probably in the minority but I love the fact that he is getting minutes and experience against guys who at least might get to the NBA at some point. He needs to improve his feel for the game and playing will do that. He is in much better condidtion which has really changed how much he impacts games.

How has Isaiah Cousins been doing in Reno this year? Does he look like a potential contributor, or someone that's more likely to stick around in the minor leagues?
He plays good defense and has the size to guard either guard. He is a decent 3pt shooter (has improved), but inconsistent. He can run the point, but isn't enough of a distributor to be a primary PG IMO. He could have a future as a backup combo guard along the lines of an Earl Watson.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Reno's on NBA TV if anyone's interested.

Jaleel Cousins still the starting C. My guess is that he isn't as talented as his brother.