Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back to tuesday's game against the Lakers, the entire Lakers broadcasting crew from the play by play guy to the halftime/post game show guys to the sideline reporters all kept talking about all things Cousins. They kept discussing "Wouldn't it be great if we got him?". Michael Cooper would occasionally mention the techs, but James Worthy would quickly shoot it down and defend Boogie and say something like "We'll take all the baggage that comes with Cousins, just give it to us."

At one point, Worthy said something like "If we were to really get him....", basically saying how Cousins is so good that he can change the franchise. I though it was almost an overboard amount of love from a home team to their opponent's star at that time. Come to think of it, it sure sounded like Worthy and others knew the Lakers were in close talks with the Kings. What was their offer?

So many post that its hard to tell whats been covered. Anyways, if we can tolerate any more of the insanity better start hoping for NO, Philli, and the Kings to not fair well the rest of the season. This draft is considered deep, but how deep? I figure ten deep and realistically both our picks could fall out of that range.

Thinking back to tuesday's game against the Lakers, the entire Lakers broadcasting crew from the play by play guy to the halftime/post game show guys to the sideline reporters all kept talking about all things Cousins. They kept discussing "Wouldn't it be great if we got him?". Michael Cooper would occasionally mention the techs, but James Worthy would quickly shoot it down and defend Boogie and say something like "We'll take all the baggage that comes with Cousins, just give it to us."

At one point, Worthy said something like "If we were to really get him....", basically saying how Cousins is so good that he can change the franchise. I though it was almost an overboard amount of love from a home team to their opponent's star at that time. Come to think of it, it sure sounded like Worthy and others knew the Lakers were in close talks with the Kings. What was their offer?
Maybe they have an inkling that cousins will not resign with NO. Wouldn't that be a B. Cousins walks and signs with the lakers.......yow.

I believe someone mentioned Russel/#1. Heard they also asked for Ingram but were rebuffed, but that might have just been idle gossip

Maybe they have an inkling that cousins will not resign with NO. Wouldn't that be a B. Cousins walks and signs with the lakers.......yow.

That's what the LA guys on ESPN radio were saying today. With Magic signing on to be a voice on the team, they feel they can sign Boogie and retain the young core that they've built. Don't forget the Lakers will have another likely top 5 pick coming in a deep draft.

Watch the Pelicans get stiffed and then Vivek/Vlade gets to face Boogie and a Lakers team fill with young talent 4 times a year in their own division. That can very well be the end result to the genius of Vlade's negotiating and Vivek's cheapskate move.

Many other players? Can you please link me your sources? And by that I mean actual quotes by players not just some so called media guy saying his "sources" said.
Sorry, I can't find the articles, but I think they were from the Bee. I don't recall if it was on this site or another, but people speculated that the former teammate was probably JT. They said something along the lines of Cuz is a great guy, but it's a different case as a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.