Malachi out 4-6 weeks

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
jesus

the angry indian spirits are hard at work down there, simply refusing to let go. I hope we make the playoffs just to spite them, then go out and take a whizz on them for good measure. Enough is enough.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
fantastic. can't catch a break at all. he wasn't playing a lot anyway so I suppose if you are going to have an injury, it ought to be a rookie. It all started with Casspi and that bad juju has spread among 45% of his team.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
These guys need to start eating more bananas or something lol. But in all seriousness though, makes you start to wonder about the team training staff, since they're all hamstrings. It couldn't just be a coincidence.
weak hamstrings perhaps? cold hamstrings? not stretching enough? it could be a number of factors.

Well, one of the major issues that could have potentially led to this injury is that we, as a team, were making Malachi play more than what he was used to (for obvious reasons), so perhaps physically he wasn't quite ready to meet that demand.

When you ask of players to play more minutes than what they are used to suddenly, it increases the risk of injury to said players. It makes me nervous when I think about the rest of our main guys. Can they physically hold out playing the way we are (close, grind it out games?) and can they hold out without getting hurt?

I think at this point, Vlade just has to get more/fresh bodies.

Well, one of the major issues that could have potentially led to this injury is that we, as a team, were making Malachi play more than what he was used to (for obvious reasons), so perhaps physically he wasn't quite ready to meet that demand.

When you ask of players to play more minutes than what they are used to suddenly, it increases the risk of injury to said players. It makes me nervous when I think about the rest of our main guys. Can they physically hold out playing the way we are (close, grind it out games?) and can they hold out without getting hurt?

I think at this point, Vlade just has to get more/fresh bodies.
See, this is what happens when you draft 3 bodies who aren't ready to contribute. When injuries come along, those 3 roster spots are extremely important.
All I hope is that we don't see Skal on the floor.

How come Garrett Temple was a 2-3 week estimate for the same injury???

The training staff needs to be upgraded!!!
Hamstring strain vs tear are two very different diagnoses. A strain implies the muscle was pulled/stretched beyond its capacity, causing pain but no structural damage. You just need time and some therapy.

A tear, on the other hand, is exactly what it implies. It's a tear to the muscle and unfortunately, the hamstring can be quite tricky to heal --- it's a massive group of muscles and it takes time to heal. It's also one of the more likely muscle groups to get injured again.

That's the "why" between 2-3 weeks and 4-6 weeks.

Again, it's not necessarily the training staff at fault here. Guys are playing a LOT of minutes due to a lack of bodies, and some are playing way more than what they used to just a couple of weeks ago. The demand on their muscles has grown significantly and it has a direct relationship with risk for injury. Also, being cursed as a franchise doesn't help either.

Hamstring strain vs tear are two very different diagnoses. A strain implies the muscle was pulled/stretched beyond its capacity, causing pain but no structural damage. You just need time and some therapy.

A tear, on the other hand, is exactly what it implies. It's a tear to the muscle and unfortunately, the hamstring can be quite tricky to heal --- it's a massive group of muscles and it takes time to heal. It's also one of the more likely muscle groups to get injured again.

Again, it's not necessarily the training staff at fault here. Guys are playing a LOT of minutes due to a lack of bodies, and some are playing way more than what they used to just a couple of weeks ago. The demand on their muscles has grown significantly and it has a direct relationship with risk for injury. Also, being cursed as a franchise doesn't help either.
I thought Temple was diagnosed with a partial hamstring tear, wasn't Malachi a partial hamstring tear too?

I thought Temple was diagnosed with a partial hamstring tear, wasn't Malachi a partial hamstring tear too?
You are correct, I just looked it up. When it happened initially, the news came out as strained and that's what I went with.

There are varying degrees of tears (partial can mean anywhere from a small tear to a medium/large tear) and based on the MRI results, a prognosis is given. It seems pretty logical that Temple's tear must have been a smaller tear than Malachi's.

Well, if there is a lack of bodies, I don't know what is taking Vlade so long to realize this team is a MASH unit, right now, even more so after last night. He cant get it past his thick skull that this team needs help, and he needs to stop sitting on his hands and do something about it.