• The second half

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • The third half

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Lopes

Know your role, jabroni...you ain't the forum police.
Nope. IDC what u post just defending myself. Sorry you felt detained. One could argue that I'm just like DMC mods must have an agenda against me, I never get the call. It's never me that acts inappropriately or brings everyone down.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD VOICE: I was trying to be subtle but apparently that didn't work. It's not up to you to decide if someone is "acting childish"... and it's not up to you to tell someone to stop. Those kinds of comments never lead to anything good. Thanks for understanding.
I don't want to get involved too deeply in this argument, but....

As always I appreciate your effort to keep this board a civil place. You are doing this voluntarily and and without pay and I respect that.
But Lopes isn't the first new poster nor will he best the last, who rightfully or not feels like there is some kind of double standard on this board. I can't deny, that I felt so myself, when I started posting.
Maybe you as moderators should think about some kind of feedback mechanism, where users can publically adress and discuss the good and the bad of this board.

L

Lopes

Nah...you the only one getting triggered because we all had a good laugh at Andy and Aileen having the tables turned on them for once.
I couldnt care less if you laugh at them. But I think one should be able to point out what they feel is irony.

I don't think you realize what irony is. The only irony here is you've not once ever complained about Andy and Ailene's behavior--two people who have carried a personal vendetta and used their public platforms to try and shape the narrative--yet you're having a freaking meltdown because some posters on a message board dared have some laughs at them.

L

Lopes

I don't think you realize what irony is. The only irony here is you've not once ever complained about Andy and Ailene's behavior--two people who have carried a personal vendetta and used their public platforms to try and shape the narrative--yet you're having a freaking meltdown because some posters on a message board dared have some laughs at them.
That isn't irony. But ok. Nor did I say I agree with some of their articles. I think your characterization of wetting diapers is a bid unfair and not warranted. I'd like to see you disagree publicly with someone three times your size. Frankly although I disagree with Andy, I give him respect and credit for saying it to DMC face.

The three main leaders in the anti-Boogie crew are two writers for the Sacbee and the redhead who does the play by play for the games. The difference is the redhead knows which way the wind blows and is already practicing a little revisionist history. heard him say "it is all about the wins" on his radio show. So he will jump om the Boogie band wagon as the team begins to win. Those Sacbee writers though have taken stances that are pretty hard to reshape especially Andy Furrillo who said if he was GM Boogie would be gone. Ailene Voison did try to "no comment" her way past Boogie turning the mic on her and Andy..........good theater..........Boogie is the greatest:D

There's a line between valid criticism and blatant attacking.

D-Rose has gotten less flack for bailing on his team than Boogie has gotten for things in which his participation has yet to have actually been proven.
Exactly. I don't have a problem with Voisin or Furrilo writing their opinions. After all it's their job to do just that as columnist. What I don't like is, that they are writing things like "DMC is a bully" or "DMC is fat and unfit" without actually coming out with some named sources, quotes or data to back that up.
Now of course a local columnist can write something like this. After all he has no reason to feel obliged to the Kings. But if you decide to write hit pieces without named sources or data, don't be suprised if the guy you write about acts out and starts to fight back.
DMC's initial response to Furrilos article was unprofessional and somewhat unnecessary and he got fined for it. The more or less lighthearted jab at Voisin and Furrilo was a much better way to handle it and in the end a funny way to show the guys, how being in the spotlight feels.

dude12

Hall of Famer
That isn't irony. But ok. Nor did I say I agree with some of their articles. I think your characterization of wetting diapers is a bid unfair and not warranted. I'd like to see you disagree publicly with someone three times your size. Frankly although I disagree with Andy, I give him respect and credit for saying it to DMC face.
Oh brother.....makes me chuckle

dude12

Hall of Famer
The bad thing is that Boogie is giving Furillo the time of the day meaning some people may think he's relevant. That is too bad. He is not very good when it comes to his opinion pieces on anything sports related. His article today is a reaction to Boogie making him and Ailene Poison to be a clown during that last interview. Part of the definition of being a bully is doing the same act or acts over and over repeatedly. Furillo keeps repeatedly doing these hits pieces over and over and over. He's a sad little man.

L

Lopes

There's a line between valid criticism and blatant attacking.

D-Rose has gotten less flack for bailing on his team than Boogie has gotten for things in which his participation has yet to have actually been proven.
Philly boo'd Santa pretty sure that wasn't valid criticism.lol.

Unrelated but I do think the level of "childishness" is much higher these days than it used to be. No wonder some of the good old timers don't post or hang around anymore
This is one of the most mature sports forums you'll find anywhere. The old timers probably aren't posting because most people don't post on forums for 10+ years unless you're a weirdo like myself.

Nope. IDC what u post just defending myself. Sorry you felt detained. One could argue that I'm just like DMC mods must have an agenda against me, I never get the call. It's never me that acts inappropriately or brings everyone down.
What proof is there that it brings others down?

Kings are much worse without him in terms of win/loss on/off

This is one of the most mature sports forums you'll find anywhere. The old timers probably aren't posting because most people don't post on forums for 10+ years unless you're a weirdo like myself.
Well. Weirdo here then.. along with still a number of others. But many have stopped as VF pointed out.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Well. Weirdo here then.. along with still a number of others. But many have stopped as VF pointed out.
I am getting close to 20 years on this forum. This version of KingsFans started in 2000 and I was the 1st to sign on after the forum administrator. I have heard almost all the arguments and points of view which vary only slightly depending on the team makeup. The new members are going through their initiation period if I may call it that and some of it to me is boring. They need to learn how to fit in.

I think that particular mixed metaphor has probably got everybody a bit confused.

mixed met·a·phor
ˈˌmiks(t) ˈmedəfər/
noun
noun: mixed metaphor; plural noun: mixed metaphors
  1. a combination of two or more incompatible metaphors, which produces a ridiculous effect (e.g., this tower of strength will forge ahead ).